#1 lgbjr

lgbjr

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:50 AM

Hi All,

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 (yes, I know it's not officially supported by Roxio/Sonic). when I first loaded EMC9 (Deluxe), I created an emulated drive with no trouble. And it worked great. I had to change some drive letters and needed the drive letter from the emulated drive, so I went into the tool and removed the drive. Now, when I try to create a new drive (either letting it assign the first available drive letter, or picking the one I really want to use from the drop down list), I get an error message that says:

A timeout occured while changing the configuration of your emulated drives. You should not try to change the number of drives until your next reboot.

Of course, after a roboot, the same thing happens. If I watch the Device Manager during the drive creation process, I see it adds the "Roxio DVD-ROM Emulator SCSI CdRom Device", but that's it. If I look at the properties of this device, it says the device is working properly, but it also says the windows did not start a related device driver. The 3 drivers that are not starting are DLACDBHE.sys (Roxio), DRVECDB.sys (Sonic), and PxHlpa64.sys (Sonic).

I'm hoping this is just a clean up issue after removing the emulated drive (something in the registry hive, or in the System32 directory).

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
Lee
Best regards,

Lee

Dell Precision 690 | 2x3.2GHz Xeon | 2x NVidia FX3500 | 2x Dell 24" UltraSharp WideScreen LCD
1.2 TB 10,000 RPM SAS Drives | 16GB FB DDR2 RAM | 48XCD-RW | 16XDVD+/-RW | Vista Ultimate x64
WEI: 5.0

Dell Inspiron 9300 | 2.26GHz Centrino | NVidia GeForce Go 6800 | 19" UltraSharp WideScreen LCD
100 GB 7200 RPM ATA Drive | 2GB RAM | 48XCD-RW / 16XDVD+/-RW Combo | Vista Ultimate x86
WEI: 4.1

#2 PARKERSQUEST

PARKERSQUEST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (lgbjr @ Mar 16 2007, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 (yes, I know it's not officially supported by Roxio/Sonic). when I first loaded EMC9 (Deluxe), I created an emulated drive with no trouble. And it worked great. I had to change some drive letters and needed the drive letter from the emulated drive, so I went into the tool and removed the drive. Now, when I try to create a new drive (either letting it assign the first available drive letter, or picking the one I really want to use from the drop down list), I get an error message that says:

A timeout occured while changing the configuration of your emulated drives. You should not try to change the number of drives until your next reboot.

Of course, after a roboot, the same thing happens. If I watch the Device Manager during the drive creation process, I see it adds the "Roxio DVD-ROM Emulator SCSI CdRom Device", but that's it. If I look at the properties of this device, it says the device is working properly, but it also says the windows did not start a related device driver. The 3 drivers that are not starting are DLACDBHE.sys (Roxio), DRVECDB.sys (Sonic), and PxHlpa64.sys (Sonic).

I'm hoping this is just a clean up issue after removing the emulated drive (something in the registry hive, or in the System32 directory).

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
Lee

the same exact thing happened to me it worked at first now i get the same error message i wonder what a clean install would do

#3 lgbjr

lgbjr

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (PARKERSQUEST @ Apr 22 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the same exact thing happened to me it worked at first now i get the same error message i wonder what a clean install would do

Hi ParkersQuest,

I apologize that I did not post that I actually fixed this problem. Well, I didn't fix it. Dell did. About 10 days ago, Dell updated the SAS 5/iR Integrated Emb driver, which showed up on windows Update. After the update was installed, the virtual drive started working.

My guess is the solution doesn't really have anything to do with the new SAS driver, but more likely something in the clean-up process after the new driver was installed. Anyway, there might be some benefit to checking for an update for your SAS or SATA controller driver.

HTH
Best regards,

Lee

Dell Precision 690 | 2x3.2GHz Xeon | 2x NVidia FX3500 | 2x Dell 24" UltraSharp WideScreen LCD
1.2 TB 10,000 RPM SAS Drives | 16GB FB DDR2 RAM | 48XCD-RW | 16XDVD+/-RW | Vista Ultimate x64
WEI: 5.0

Dell Inspiron 9300 | 2.26GHz Centrino | NVidia GeForce Go 6800 | 19" UltraSharp WideScreen LCD
100 GB 7200 RPM ATA Drive | 2GB RAM | 48XCD-RW / 16XDVD+/-RW Combo | Vista Ultimate x86
WEI: 4.1

#4 Dadimus

Dadimus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

I was having the exact same problem but on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Originally it worked great, then after some other drives were mapped it stopped working and would give the timeout.  I read below about watching it try to create the drive in "Disk Management" and did the same.  I saw it create the drive but it couldn't assign the drive letter, so I just right clicked on the created emulated drive in Disk Management before I dismissed the timeout error message and assigned the drive letter I wished and it is working fine.  Probably this has to be repeated again in the future if other drives get assigned or dropped, but no big deal.  I am sure this will work for Vista 64 bit as well.

To start "Disk Management" I do "Start -> right click on computer -> manage -> click on 'Disk Management'.

Good Luck

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:51 AM

Did you kow you postes to a thread of more than 3 years old.  It is doubtful that anyone who originally posted would care now.

Thanks for the information however.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,101 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:14 AM

Plus it's in EMC9 which is not Win7 compatible in the first place.
"Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do"

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard