frustrated1

Cannot make more than one copy

Question

If I try to burn more than one copy of a data disc, it burns the disk O.K. but before anything else happens, there is an indication that the second disc is also burned and the program is now hung and requires Task Manager in order to close it.

I can't find any updates, and it looks like I'm the only one with this problem. Am I doing anything wrong?

13 answers to this question

If I try to burn more than one copy of a data disc, it burns the disk O.K. but before anything else happens, there is an indication that the second disc is also burned and the program is now hung and requires Task Manager in order to close it.

I can't find any updates, and it looks like I'm the only one with this problem. Am I doing anything wrong?

You are not the only one. It is a bug and has been reported in the past.

You are not the only one. It is a bug and has been reported in the past.

Any update for this issue?

I got this problem also. I have searched this problem in this forum and nobody is talking how to fix if it is a bug.

Edited by HKEx

Any update for this issue?

I got this problem also. I have searched this problem in this forum and nobody is talking how to fix if it is a bug.

The only work around is to burn one a a time.

Instead of burning the first copy to a disc, make an image file of it and then just open that each time you want a new disc made.

Aas Briuce said, it's a known issue and there's no cure on the horizon

If you absolutely think you need this multiple copies function. After you make a ISO Image, use this free burn program, ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 to burn your copies, @ ImgBurn.com.

cd

Instead of burning the first copy to a disc, make an image file of it and then just open that each time you want a new disc made.

Aas Briuce said, it's a known issue and there's no cure on the horizon

Thanks for reply. Where can I get the offical document for known issue?

There's no document - it's something that has been known about is all and reported to Roxio who admit that there is a bug there (hence a 'known' issue)

I have been having the same problem for a month now but only burning from an image. Roxio support has never told me it was a know issue and has just have me reloading, sending them reports, and just jumping through hoops to get it fixed. I have just updated my ticket with them asking for the 9.1 version to see if it works like it should. Has anyone else tried the 9.1 version???

My machine is new with only Vista Business and EMC9 installed. No other software has ever been loaded so they can not tell me it is a conflict with anything else.

Actually if you do a search on multiple copies in the EMC9 forum, you'll see that this has been around for some time. What Tech Support may have said is something none of us would know about (we're neither Roxio nor Tech Support - just a bunch of users)

Is it fixed in 9.1? Possibly (I can't be certain).

Do you need to swap the suite? No - there is a patch due shortly to update the existing 9.0 to 9.1.

When? We're all waiting for it and as far as I know it won't be long

Actually if you do a search on multiple copies in the EMC9 forum, you'll see that this has been around for some time. What Tech Support may have said is something none of us would know about (we're neither Roxio nor Tech Support - just a bunch of users)

Is it fixed in 9.1? Possibly (I can't be certain).

Do you need to swap the suite? No - there is a patch due shortly to update the existing 9.0 to 9.1.

For me roxio won't do multiple copies from anything. Not from disk, ISO or anything. Always puks after the first copy.

According to this link

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc9/software_updates.html

The 9.1 includes no changes but Vista Certification.

My old Roxio used to eject the first disk and ask for another. Does anyone know of another software to burn multiple copies from ISO? I commonly do large batches of DVS that I've produced in Premier and need somehting that is solid and reliable where I don't have to reload the project on every burn.

Home built video editing and gaming PC

EVGA 6801 mobo

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

2 GB Corsair RAM

3 400 GB HD in Raid 5

8800 GTX GPU

24" Dell LCD

You're posting to a thread which went dead back in May. The only change since then is that 9.1 didn't correct that issue.

However, you still have to make copies individually from the .iso file.

You don't have to restart the project - save the first render as a an image file (burn to hard drive as .iso or .c2d or whatever) and then put in a blank disc, double click the image and that's all it takes.

Sure, you have to manually double click the image, but then you have to sit there to change discs don't you?

[is it fixed in 9.1? Possibly (I can't be certain).

:angry2:

I have CD/DVD Creator 10 and have the same issue. (Can't make more than one copy at a time.) I see now that this is an old issue, but it just came up for me. Until now, I needed only one copy of any particular CD.

Rondemar - that issue is dead this past three years.

The current version is Creator 2010 (which under the old system would have been v12) and EMC 10 is also a 'legacy' app now and no patches will be available