3 replies to this topic

#1 hickory

hickory

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

I'm new to Sound Editor.  Reading the Roxio Help doesn't help.

I'm trying to understand the Clip Editor.  (I think I can handle the Mix Editor.)  Help refers to inserting a new audio file by "In the Clip Editor, click to move the playback cursor to the location ...", then click "Add Audio File".  Doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, how can you view the entire track in the Clip Editor?  My display shows only the first just under 3 minutes.  Since there is no scroll bar, how do you get past those first 3 minutes?

Also, please give any examples of what I can do in the Clip Editor, other than the tool buttons at the top.

I don't mind doing testing/research, but I've been lost for two days.  Any ideas will be sincerely appreciated.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (hickory @ Apr 15 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to Sound Editor. Reading the Roxio Help doesn't help.

I'm trying to understand the Clip Editor. (I think I can handle the Mix Editor.) Help refers to inserting a new audio file by "In the Clip Editor, click to move the playback cursor to the location ...", then click "Add Audio File". Doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, how can you view the entire track in the Clip Editor? My display shows only the first just under 3 minutes. Since there is no scroll bar, how do you get past those first 3 minutes?

Also, please give any examples of what I can do in the Clip Editor, other than the tool buttons at the top.

I don't mind doing testing/research, but I've been lost for two days. Any ideas will be sincerely appreciated.

If you use add audio file multiple times or if you select a group of music files, they are added one after another. If you use the playback cursor, and add a new file, that is where it shows up. Essentially you can add a new audio file in the middle of an existing file.

Use the little magnifying glass to zoom in on a file (as many times as necessary to see what you want. If you zoom in enough, you'll get the bar beneath the wave form.

The program is a basic audio editor where you can make mixes, change the audio format, do a little cleaning, add some minor audio effects etc. Play with it. You never change the original audio file(s) unless you purposely overwrite the original file.

What are you trying to do other than write the left and right channels to different ???

Edited by sknis, 15 April 2007 - 11:16 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (hickory @ Apr 15 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(
Snip)

Also, how can you view the entire track in the Clip Editor?  My display shows only the first just under 3 minutes.  Since there is no scroll bar, how do you get past those first 3 minutes?

Look at attached picture.  Follow the steps, after you bring in your clips.

EDIT:  The picture is from EMC 9 Sound Editor, but I think that it is the same in EMC 8.

Attached Images

• EMC_9_Moving_Around_In_Sound_Editor.jpg

Edited by grandpabruce, 15 April 2007 - 11:40 AM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#4 hickory

hickory

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (hickory @ Apr 15 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to Sound Editor.  Reading the Roxio Help doesn't help.

I'm trying to understand the Clip Editor.  (I think I can handle the Mix Editor.)  Help refers to inserting a new audio file by "In the Clip Editor, click to move the playback cursor to the location ...", then click "Add Audio File".  Doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't mind doing testing/research, but I've been lost for two days.  Any ideas will be sincerely appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great graphic.  Your answers are really helpful.  But one thing I still don't follow.  You indicate that I can add a clip essentially in the middle of a new clip.  However, when I tried, it seems to add the new file only at the end.  I guess because of the Roxio "Help" that says "you must select a location that already contain a clip".  When I split a clip and moved the end a little to leave a gap, I could add a new clip.  I think your answer says I don't need to do that.  Basically, I am trying to have Clip 1 of, say 2 minutes, then insert a new clip at the 1 minute poistion so that I have Clip 1 (part a), then Clip 2, then Clip 1 (part cool.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users