bcpalmer

Is There A Way To Rotate Video.

Question

Hello again all,

My wife has taken a few videos using our digital camera that I would like to put together when making a family DVD. Problem is, she took them sideways :) Is there an option to rotate video?

Also, is the MyDVD that is included in EMC8 a (excuse the expression) "dumbed down" version of the standalone MyDVD product? I ask because of the number of options that seem to be grayed out and unavailable in the drop down menus. At the top of the online help/documentation there is also a disclaimer that states something to the affect that not all options will be available depending on the version of the software. It would be nice to know what version these options work in and/or not have the options show in the version(s) where they do not work. This isn't confusing is it :huh:

Thanks,

Brian Palmer

9 answers to this question

Hello again all,

My wife has taken a few videos using our digital camera that I would like to put together when making a family DVD. Problem is, she took them sideways :) Is there an option to rotate video?

Also, is the MyDVD that is included in EMC8 a (excuse the expression) "dumbed down" version of the standalone MyDVD product? I ask because of the number of options that seem to be grayed out and unavailable in the drop down menus. At the top of the online help/documentation there is also a disclaimer that states something to the affect that not all options will be available depending on the version of the software. It would be nice to know what version these options work in and/or not have the options show in the version(s) where they do not work. This isn't confusing is it :huh:

Thanks,

Brian Palmer

There may be a better way of rotating the video but this is pretty simple. Start in Video Wave. In your production, add a color panel where you want to rotate the video. Now add the section of the video that was recorded "wrong" to the overlay track. Double click on the track in the overlay, a window will open. Select position and then rotate it the amount you want (90 degrees). Remember that you are turning a rectangular picture so it will not fill the display. Choose a color panel that would compliment the video.

I guess that I'm not confused. If the choice is greyed out, you do not have that option available. If you have a download version or if you have the disc version and have the 8.05 build/version, then you have the latest available at this time. For more information on that, contact Roxio directly.

Edited by sknis

There may be a better way of rotating the video but this is pretty simple. Start in Video Wave. In your production, add a color panel where you want to rotate the video. Now add the section of the video that was recorded "wrong" to the overlay track. Double click on the track in the overlay, a window will open. Select position and then rotate it the amount you want (90 degrees). Remember that you are turning a rectangular picture so it will not fill the display. Choose a color panel that would compliment the video.

I guess that I'm not confused. If the choice is greyed out, you do not have that option available. If you have a download version or if you have the disc version and have the 8.05 build/version, then you have the latest available at this time. For more information on that, contact Roxio directly.

Thanks for the information sknis. Much appreciated!

Brian Palmer

sknis,

I was finally able to try this last night and it worked beautifully!!! Thanks sooooooo much!!!

Brian Palmer

I have this same problem (not being able to rotate a video clip. I cannot find an easy way to rotate a video 90 degrees. I tried to follow the instructions above, and I could not get the same results. Could you explain this in more detail? I am a rookie at using Easy Media Creator 7.5.

Thanks, Todd

V7/7.5 won't do it. you need V8 or some other program. This post is in the V8 area.

I have this same problem (not being able to rotate a video clip. I cannot find an easy way to rotate a video 90 degrees. I tried to follow the instructions above, and I could not get the same results. Could you explain this in more detail? I am a rookie at using Easy Media Creator 7.5.

Thanks, Todd

Edited by sknis

V7/7.5 won't do it. you need V8 or some other program. This post is in the V8 area.

Thanks skins. I will load in version 8. I was holding out on installing V8 on this computer since my other computer (which has V8) had so many problems with win XP and the graphics software after installation.

You'll need to add that video as an overlay so add a color panel and add that video to the overlay track and then you can rotate it.

Thanks skins. I will load in version 8. I was holding out on installing V8 on this computer since my other computer (which has V8) had so many problems with win XP and the graphics software after installation.

You'll need to add that video as an overlay so add a color panel and add that video to the overlay track and then you can rotate it.

I'm using EMCV8, I can't add a color panel before overlaying the video. Is a grey selection on the color panel.

I'm using EMCV8, I can't add a color panel before overlaying the video. Is a grey selection on the color panel.

Please start a new thread if the following doesn't work. The original thread is almost a year old. Please put what application within EMC 8 you are using and how you are trying to add the color panel and then the video. What kind of video is it? Where did you get it.

I'm not sure what your sentence says. Are you using VideoWave? Add the color panel in Video Wave in the storyline view, next use the "trim" sissors to make that color panel longer than the video. Switch to timeline view. Now select add photo/video and navigate to the movie and select it. When you do you should get an window asking where you want the movie to be added. Select overlay. Then select the movie on the timeline track and right click on it to get the options.