SS Scott

DVDit Pro HD disc playback compatability

Question

The following is a compatability list for BDMV discs created with DVDit Pro HD.

Player

Playstation 3 (1.6 + DVDit patch) ------- BD-R, BD-RE

Sony BDP-S1 (1.55) ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R (when AACS folder is removed)

Sony BDP-S300 (3.2) -------BD-R, BD-RE

Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1 ------- BD-R, BD-RE

Samsung BD-P 1000 (1.0 firmware) ------- BD-R, BD-RE

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R (mixed results - could be certain media that works)

Samsung BD-P 1400 -------BD-R, BD-RE

Panasonic DMP-BD10 (A) ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R

Philips BDP9000 ------- unknown

LG BH-100 ------- no

Edited by SS Scott

64 answers to this question

Player

Sony BDP-S1 (1.5) ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R (when AACS folder is removed)

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R

Panasonic DMP-BD10 ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R

LG BH-100 ------- no

Scott- I would agree with all of the above (have tried my discs in all these players) except Samsung BDP 1200 - tried a BD-R and was unable to play it back in two different BDP 1200 players - I have seen some people with success (except video quality is described as "jerky" at times). Also - you should modify the

Sony BDP-S1 to 1.55 and not 1.5 - two different firmwares and the 1.5 will not play DVDitProHD discs.

Edited by SS Scott

Scott,

I took a BD-R burn to Fry's this weekend to try it out on the LG BH100 multiformat player. No joy, it spit it out right away. So, put this one on the "does not play" list.

john

My PS3 has version 1.7 on it sony BD-R disk created witht he patch in place did not not play. Any one know how to roll back the PS3 software to previous version?

My PS3 has version 1.7 on it sony BD-R disk created witht he patch in place did not not play. Any one know how to roll back the PS3 software to previous version?

I have 3 PS3's with 1.7 and have played both BD-R and BD-RE without problems

I have 3 PS3's with 1.7 and have played both BD-R and BD-RE without problems

i guess my first attempt did not burn right because when i burned the project again it played this time in the PS3. at 15 bucks a disk i hope i dont have too many burn errors in the future

Edited by jmco1

honestly, that is the first bad burn I have heard. Though I think you said the disc works on your computer. use BD-RE with your projects first to make sure everything is in order. Then you can burn to BD-R

i guess my first attempt did not burn right because when i burned the project again it played this time in the PS3. at 15 bucks a disk i hope i dont have too many burn errors in the future

honestly, that is the first bad burn I have heard. Though I think you said the disc works on your computer. use BD-RE with your projects first to make sure everything is in order. Then you can burn to BD-R

Scott

Ok after reviewing the project again i think i may have figured out what happened. After the first burned attempt did not work on the playstation I re opened the project and burned again. this attempt worked. i saved the project as a different file name so i would be able to identify which project file worked and which did not. after comparing the two what i believed to be identical projects, i noticed that the "open dvd" box on the first project was checked but not on the second. that was the only difference. So my question is will PowerDVD play the disk if it left "open"? if so then this is probably why it played with powerdvd and not on the PS3. I am still a newbie at this DVD / BD authoring so I am learning as I go.

thanks for the help

Player

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R (mixed results - could be certain media that works)

LG BH-100 ------- no

It's probably not a surprise but Panasonic DMP-BD10A (from the initial firmware 2.0 to the actual 2.2) works with BD-RE (I haven't tested with a DVD-R so far and I will only use BD-R when the price of the printable ones will drop)

Patrick

Player

In Egypt (middle east) we have PS3 being sold with firmware version 1.5 and I tried my projects on it and it gives a message invalid disc.... but the salesman is telling me that if it needed a firmware update it would say so and the fact that it said invalid disc means it won't be playable even with newer firmware... is that true? and did any one try the discs with firmware 1.5? what message does it report????

REgarding that Samsung BD-player 1000 they have published a firmwareupdate, that supposidly solves

playback problems for BD-R and BD-RE. Haven't tried it myself but sounds reasonable...

Funny though the Sony is supposed to play BD-Rs. Cause when I asked at the german branch of Sony they said, it does not play BD-Rs, unlike the PS3 which does.

In Egypt (middle east) we have PS3 being sold with firmware version 1.5 and I tried my projects on it and it gives a message invalid disc.... but the salesman is telling me that if it needed a firmware update it would say so and the fact that it said invalid disc means it won't be playable even with newer firmware... is that true? and did any one try the discs with firmware 1.5? what message does it report????

That's if your connect to the internet so it can check for the latest firmware. You'll need to upgrade the firmware and apply the patch and you'll be good to go...

Player

LG BH-100 ------- no

Hi!

I'm having a big problem with my BD authored in DVDit Pro HD software. It plays very well in PS3 but it doesn't play in any other BD player I terted (Samsung BD-P1000 and BD-P1200, Sony BDP-S1, Panasonic DMP-BD10A) even with the latest firmware on all this players. I tried burning a BD-RE directly on disc, generating a image than burning the disc and gerenating the BD volume than burning on the disc. All this doens't work.

What can I do to sove this problem?

Thanks.

Peter Gatz Birle - artmos@ig.com.br

Hi!

I'm having a big problem with my BD authored in DVDit Pro HD software. It plays very well in PS3 but it doesn't play in any other BD player I terted (Samsung BD-P1000 and BD-P1200, Sony BDP-S1, Panasonic DMP-BD10A) even with the latest firmware on all this players. I tried burning a BD-RE directly on disc, generating a image than burning the disc and gerenating the BD volume than burning on the disc. All this doens't work.

What can I do to sove this problem?

Thanks.

Peter Gatz Birle - artmos@ig.com.br

For the BD-P1000, you have to use the original firmware (1.0). Not sure about the other players, can you verify the firmware versions?

For the BD-P1000, you have to use the original firmware (1.0). Not sure about the other players, can you verify the firmware versions?

No, i cannot check the firmwares of this palyers. On the BD-P1000 you tested, it plays a authored BD-RE or BD-R disc with menus and a empty AACS directory on the disc?

Thanks.

No, i cannot check the firmwares of this palyers. On the BD-P1000 you tested, it plays a authored BD-RE or BD-R disc with menus and a empty AACS directory on the disc?

Thanks.

I have not tested a disc on this unit, others have and were successful only on firmware 1.0

I have not tested a disc on this unit, others have and were successful only on firmware 1.0

Well, I tested in a Panasonic, Samsung 1000 and 1200, Sony S1 and any on plays the BD-RE disc. The Sony's PS3 and the driver BWU-100A plays it with the menus and subtitles without any problem. Only the BD-ROM players have problems.

What's going on with the DVDit Pro HD BD authoring discs? SS Scott, help me, please.

Thanks.

Peter.

Peter, I think you have the wrong assumption. If it is playing in the PS3, it is a legal BDMV structure. above in this posting are the players and their firmwares that have shown compatability with DVDit Pro HD created discs. Sounds like the PS3 you are using is properly configured and the other players are not.

BDMV on BD-R/RE is a nacsent thing right now. BDMV on BD-R is an optional part of the BD specification. I believe it will be more widely supported in the future as things shake out, until then such discs are really only good if you know for sure where they are being played. Great for tradeshows, lobby video, dailies, personal collections - as long as you are not passing around a disc and hoping it will have wide playback capability.

I got a DVDitHD BD-R and BD-RE disk to play on the Samsung BP-P 1200. I tried the BD-R disk in a Pioneer Elite BDP-94 and Sony S300, and no joy on either one. It concerns me that some of the latest Blu-ray players do not support BD-R, maybe even less than the earlier models?

Also if you remove the AACS folder so that it can play on a Sony BDP-S1, will it still play in the other players without the AACS folder? Anyone try this?

Camron

Peter, I think you have the wrong assumption. If it is playing in the PS3, it is a legal BDMV structure. above in this posting are the players and their firmwares that have shown compatability with DVDit Pro HD created discs. Sounds like the PS3 you are using is properly configured and the other players are not.

BDMV on BD-R/RE is a nacsent thing right now. BDMV on BD-R is an optional part of the BD specification. I believe it will be more widely supported in the future as things shake out, until then such discs are really only good if you know for sure where they are being played. Great for tradeshows, lobby video, dailies, personal collections - as long as you are not passing around a disc and hoping it will have wide playback capability.

Hi, SS Scott!

First of all, thanks for your help and a question: when I author a BDMV disc on DVDit Pro HD software, It generates a empty AACS directory. If I register any BDMV title on ISAN, with a AACS code, how can I burn it on a BD-R or BD-RE disc? So it'll be like the SUPERMAN movie I have here. Can this help to increase de compatibility with BD player?

Thanks.

Peter

REgarding that Samsung BD-player 1000 they have published a firmwareupdate, that supposidly solves

playback problems for BD-R and BD-RE. Haven't tried it myself but sounds reasonable...

Funny though the Sony is supposed to play BD-Rs. Cause when I asked at the german branch of Sony they said, it does not play BD-Rs, unlike the PS3 which does.

I've used the firmware update on several inits and it works fine with BD-R discs. As for the Samsung 1200, I've had no problem playing BD-R disc. Could be I've been lucky

Has anyone tried the new 2.60 firmware update on the Sony BDP-300 or 301? I would be curious to find out

it it supports BDMV. The product page for Sony lists all of the Bluray players as playing BDMV discs.

Since this is an ongoing process and ever changing, too - dispite the fact that some members around here don't like that topic - however: is there an update on which BD-player a Blu Ray (BD-R or BD-RE) works or not? Today is the 3rd of October 2007... In addition, annoying or not, any experiences with the PS3 Firmware 1.93 yet?

Someone said, it works with 1.9, what about the latest status. I'm getting a PS3 strictly for to play BD-Rs or BD-REs on (my own little productions) and wonder if I can safely update to the latest firmware.

To all of those, who don't want PS3 topics up here, forget about those PS3 forums, they are full of crap and kiddies who behave like babies. I spent hours browsing various forums and my head is spinning by now... :rolleyes:

Since this is an ongoing process and ever changing, too - dispite the fact that some members around here don't like that topic - however: is there an update on which BD-player a Blu Ray (BD-R or BD-RE) works or not? Today is the 3rd of October 2007... In addition, annoying or not, any experiences with the PS3 Firmware 1.93 yet?

Someone said, it works with 1.9, what about the latest status. I'm getting a PS3 strictly for to play BD-Rs or BD-REs on (my own little productions) and wonder if I can safely update to the latest firmware.

To all of those, who don't want PS3 topics up here, forget about those PS3 forums, they are full of crap and kiddies who behave like babies. I spent hours browsing various forums and my head is spinning by now... :rolleyes:

The PS3 is probably the safest bet on playback of \BDMV on BD-R/RE. 1.93 fixes the network issue caused by 1.92

I recently updated the firmware for my Panasonic DMP-BD10A to V 2.4.

This update doesn't affect playability of BDMV authored disc (BD-RE) with DVDit Pro HD.

Cheers

Patrick

Player

Panasonic DMP-BD10 (A) (up to actual 2.4 firmware)------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R

LG BH-100 ------- no

Hi, Scott. My BDPlayer is Pioneer BDp-LX 70, it cannot play BD-R/BD-re Disc which produced by DVDit Pro HD. So is it True? Or Something wrong in my processing?

Help.

Thanx.