64 replies to this topic

#1 SS Scott

SS Scott

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

The following is a compatability list for BDMV discs created with DVDit Pro HD.  

Player                                                

Playstation 3 (1.6 + DVDit patch) ------- BD-R, BD-RE

Sony BDP-S1 (1.55)  ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R (when AACS folder is removed)

Sony BDP-S300 (3.2) -------BD-R, BD-RE

Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1  ------- BD-R, BD-RE                            

Samsung BD-P 1000 (1.0 firmware) ------- BD-R, BD-RE          

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R (mixed results - could be certain media that works)    

Samsung BD-P 1400 -------BD-R, BD-RE                    

Panasonic DMP-BD10 (A) ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R                              

Philips BDP9000 ------- unknown                                    

LG BH-100 ------- no

Edited by SS Scott, 06 November 2007 - 07:58 AM.

#2 planetweckesser

planetweckesser

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (SS Scott @ Apr 20 2007, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Player                                                

Sony BDP-S1 (1.5)  ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R (when AACS folder is removed)

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R                           

Panasonic DMP-BD10 ------- BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-R                              

LG BH-100 ------- no

Scott- I would agree with all of the above (have tried my discs in all these players) except Samsung BDP 1200 - tried a BD-R and was unable to play it back in two different BDP 1200 players - I have seen some people with success (except video quality is described as "jerky" at times). Also - you should modify the
Sony BDP-S1 to 1.55 and not 1.5 - two different firmwares and the 1.5 will not play DVDitProHD discs.

Edited by SS Scott, 07 May 2007 - 11:47 AM.

#3 BigMac

BigMac

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Scott,
I took a BD-R burn to Fry's this weekend to try it out on the LG BH100 multiformat player.  No joy, it spit it out right away.  So, put this one on the "does not play" list.

john

#4 jmco1

jmco1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

My PS3 has version 1.7 on it sony BD-R disk created witht he patch in place did not not play.  Any one know how to roll back the PS3 software to previous version?

#5 planetweckesser

planetweckesser

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (jmco1 @ May 14 2007, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My PS3 has version 1.7 on it sony BD-R disk created witht he patch in place did not not play.  Any one know how to roll back the PS3 software to previous version?

I have 3 PS3's with 1.7 and have played both BD-R and BD-RE without problems

#6 jmco1

jmco1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (planetweckesser @ May 15 2007, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have 3 PS3's with 1.7 and have played both BD-R and BD-RE without problems

i guess my first attempt did not burn right because when i burned the project again it played this time in the PS3.   at 15 bucks a disk i hope i dont have too many burn errors in the future

Edited by jmco1, 15 May 2007 - 04:58 PM.

#7 SS Scott

SS Scott

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

honestly, that is the first bad burn I have heard.  Though I think you said the disc works on your computer.  use BD-RE with your projects first to make sure everything is in order.  Then you can burn to BD-R

QUOTE (jmco1 @ May 15 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess my first attempt did not burn right because when i burned the project again it played this time in the PS3.   at 15 bucks a disk i hope i dont have too many burn errors in the future

#8 jmco1

jmco1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (SS Scott @ May 15 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
honestly, that is the first bad burn I have heard.  Though I think you said the disc works on your computer.  use BD-RE with your projects first to make sure everything is in order.  Then you can burn to BD-R

Scott  

Ok after reviewing the project again i think i may have figured out what happened.  After the first burned attempt did not work on the playstation I re opened the project and burned again. this attempt worked. i saved the project as a different file name so i would be able to identify which project file worked and which did not.  after comparing the two what i believed to be identical projects, i noticed that the "open dvd" box on the first project was checked but not on the second. that was the only difference.  So my question is will PowerDVD play the disk if it left "open"?  if so then this is probably why it played with powerdvd and not on the PS3.   I am still a newbie at this DVD / BD authoring so I am learning as I go.

thanks for the help

#9 Patrick G

Patrick G

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Player                                                

Samsung BD-P 1200 ------- BD-R (mixed results - could be certain media that works)                        

LG BH-100 ------- no

It's probably not a surprise but Panasonic DMP-BD10A (from the initial firmware 2.0 to the actual 2.2) works with BD-RE (I haven't tested with a DVD-R so far and I will only use BD-R when the price of the printable ones will drop)

Patrick

#10 Harhash

Harhash

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (SS Scott @ Apr 20 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Player                                                

In Egypt (middle east) we have PS3 being sold with firmware version 1.5 and I tried my projects on it and it gives a message invalid disc.... but the salesman is telling me that if it needed a firmware update it would say so and the fact that it said invalid disc means it won't be playable even with newer firmware... is that true? and did any one try the discs with firmware 1.5? what message does it report????

#11 Gilbert-Martin

Gilbert-Martin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

REgarding that Samsung BD-player 1000 they have published a firmwareupdate, that supposidly solves
playback problems for BD-R and BD-RE. Haven't tried it myself but sounds reasonable...
Funny though the Sony is supposed to play BD-Rs. Cause when I asked at the german branch of Sony they said, it does not play BD-Rs, unlike the PS3 which does.

#12 plee

plee

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Harhash @ Jun 23 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Egypt (middle east) we have PS3 being sold with firmware version 1.5 and I tried my projects on it and it gives a message invalid disc.... but the salesman is telling me that if it needed a firmware update it would say so and the fact that it said invalid disc means it won't be playable even with newer firmware... is that true? and did any one try the discs with firmware 1.5? what message does it report????

That's if your connect to the internet so it can check for the latest firmware.  You'll need to upgrade the firmware and apply the patch and you'll be good to go...

#13 Artmos

Artmos

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

Player
LG BH-100 ------- no

Hi!

I'm having a big problem with my BD authored in DVDit Pro HD software. It plays very well in PS3 but it doesn't play in any other BD player I terted (Samsung BD-P1000 and BD-P1200, Sony BDP-S1, Panasonic DMP-BD10A) even with the latest firmware on all this players. I tried burning a BD-RE directly on disc, generating a image than burning the disc and gerenating the BD volume than burning on the disc. All this doens't work.

What can I do to sove this problem?

Thanks.

Peter Gatz Birle - artmos@ig.com.br

#14 plee

plee

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Artmos @ Aug 23 2007, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

I'm having a big problem with my BD authored in DVDit Pro HD software. It plays very well in PS3 but it doesn't play in any other BD player I terted (Samsung BD-P1000 and BD-P1200, Sony BDP-S1, Panasonic DMP-BD10A) even with the latest firmware on all this players. I tried burning a BD-RE directly on disc, generating a image than burning the disc and gerenating the BD volume than burning on the disc. All this doens't work.

What can I do to sove this problem?

Thanks.

Peter Gatz Birle - artmos@ig.com.br

For the BD-P1000, you have to use the original firmware (1.0).  Not sure about the other players, can you verify the firmware versions?

#15 Artmos

Artmos

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (plee @ Aug 23 2007, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the BD-P1000, you have to use the original firmware (1.0).  Not sure about the other players, can you verify the firmware versions?

No, i cannot check the firmwares of this palyers. On the BD-P1000 you tested, it plays a authored BD-RE or BD-R disc with menus and a empty AACS directory on the disc?

Thanks.

#16 plee

plee

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Artmos @ Aug 24 2007, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, i cannot check the firmwares of this palyers. On the BD-P1000 you tested, it plays a authored BD-RE or BD-R disc with menus and a empty AACS directory on the disc?

Thanks.

I have not tested a disc on this unit, others have and were successful only on firmware 1.0

#17 Artmos

Artmos

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (plee @ Aug 24 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not tested a disc on this unit, others have and were successful only on firmware 1.0

Well, I tested in a Panasonic, Samsung 1000 and 1200, Sony S1 and any on plays the BD-RE disc. The Sony's PS3 and the driver BWU-100A plays it with the menus and subtitles without any problem. Only the BD-ROM players have problems.

What's going on with the DVDit Pro HD BD authoring discs? SS Scott, help me, please.

Thanks.

Peter.

#18 SS Scott

SS Scott

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:56 AM

Peter, I think you have the wrong assumption.  If it is playing in the PS3, it is a legal BDMV structure.  above in this posting are the players and their firmwares that have shown compatability with DVDit Pro HD created discs.  Sounds like the PS3 you are using is properly configured and the other players are not.  

BDMV on BD-R/RE is a nacsent thing right now.  BDMV on BD-R is an optional part of the BD specification.  I believe it will be more widely supported in the future as things shake out, until then such discs are really only good if you know for sure where they are being played.  Great for tradeshows, lobby video, dailies, personal collections - as long as you are not passing around a disc and hoping it will have wide playback capability.

#19 Marcam Productions

Marcam Productions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

I got a DVDitHD BD-R and BD-RE disk to play on the Samsung BP-P 1200. I tried the BD-R disk in a Pioneer Elite BDP-94 and Sony S300, and no joy on either one. It concerns me that some of the latest Blu-ray players do not support BD-R, maybe even less than the earlier models?

Also if you remove the AACS folder so that it can play on a Sony BDP-S1, will it still play in the other players without the AACS folder? Anyone try this?

Camron

#20 Artmos

Artmos

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (SS Scott @ Aug 25 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peter, I think you have the wrong assumption.  If it is playing in the PS3, it is a legal BDMV structure.  above in this posting are the players and their firmwares that have shown compatability with DVDit Pro HD created discs.  Sounds like the PS3 you are using is properly configured and the other players are not.  

BDMV on BD-R/RE is a nacsent thing right now.  BDMV on BD-R is an optional part of the BD specification.  I believe it will be more widely supported in the future as things shake out, until then such discs are really only good if you know for sure where they are being played.  Great for tradeshows, lobby video, dailies, personal collections - as long as you are not passing around a disc and hoping it will have wide playback capability.

Hi, SS Scott!

First of all, thanks for your help and a question: when I author a BDMV disc on DVDit Pro HD software, It generates a empty AACS directory. If I register any BDMV title on ISAN, with a AACS code, how can I burn it on a BD-R or BD-RE disc? So it'll be like the SUPERMAN movie I have here. Can this help to increase de compatibility with BD player?

Thanks.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users