• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Traveler555

Traveler555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

I bought and downloaded some MP3 files.  I first burned them as audio files, but it wouldn't play in the Audiovox radio/CD player by my bed.  Plays on my computer and on the other CD player in my RV, but not the one by my bed.  Since I want to listen to CDs to sleep by, this is not a great development!  I then tried converting the MP3 to a WAV file, but that didn't work either.  I've burned other CDs that have worked on that player, so can't imagine what is wrong here.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Malia

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,287 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Traveler555 @ May 15 2007, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought and downloaded some MP3 files.  I first burned them as audio files, but it wouldn't play in the Audiovox radio/CD player by my bed.  Plays on my computer and on the other CD player in my RV, but not the one by my bed.  Since I want to listen to CDs to sleep by, this is not a great development!  I then tried converting the MP3 to a WAV file, but that didn't work either.  I've burned other CDs that have worked on that player, so can't imagine what is wrong here.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Malia

Well, the first thing is to make sure you burned the discs as Audio discs, not Data discs.  Easiest way to tell is to look at the disc on your PC, in Windows Explorer.  If you see "Track01.CDA", "Track02.CDA" as the listing, then you indeed have an audio CD, if you see the song names and .MP3 or .WAV as the file type, you burned a Data CD.  

If you have indeed created Audio CDs, then the next question is, are you using the same discs you used previously, or is this a new package?  It may simply be that your Audiovox doesn't like the brand of discs you're using... so buy a couple discs of different brands/makes and see if that solves the problem.  Also, make sure you're using CD-R, not CD-RW discs.  Most players will play the write-once discs, not all will play the erasable discs.

Hope that helps!
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#3 Traveler555

Traveler555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  

Yep, I made sure that I created audio discs - found that out the hard way when I first created data discs from the MP3.  Explorer shows file type as CD Audio.  

I had no idea the brand of disk could make a different, but I am using Memorex CD-R brand.  I checked other disks I had created that work and they are also Memorex, but not the "Cool Colors" kind - these are a little glossier and I wonder if that could make a difference.  I read somewhere that using a slower recording speed might help, so I tried again using 4x instead of the 24x.  Still no good.  

Weird because they will play on the Sony CD player, but not the Audiovox.  I'll buy another brand tomorrow.  Any suggestions for picky players?

Thanks again,
Malia

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Traveler555 @ May 16 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  

Yep, I made sure that I created audio discs - found that out the hard way when I first created data discs from the MP3.  Explorer shows file type as CD Audio.  

I had no idea the brand of disk could make a different, but I am using Memorex CD-R brand.  I checked other disks I had created that work and they are also Memorex, but not the "Cool Colors" kind - these are a little glossier and I wonder if that could make a difference.  I read somewhere that using a slower recording speed might help, so I tried again using 4x instead of the 24x.  Still no good.  

Weird because they will play on the Sony CD player, but not the Audiovox.  I'll buy another brand tomorrow.  Any suggestions for picky players?

Thanks again,
Malia

The best  brand is whatever works with your burner, computer, and set top player..... the following have been mentioned on this forum many times Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (I think the TY's are only avaiable on-line).

#5 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

I have seen more problems posted on the boards for Memorex than all other brands put together.

Lynn

#6 Traveler555

Traveler555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:25 AM

Just wanted to let y'all know I got it to work.  My daughter had sent me some home burned CDs that worked and they were burned on Staples brand CDs of all things.  I tried them and they work!  So there's another option for those having the same problem.  Thanks a bunch for the replies!
Malia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users