4 replies to this topic

#1 edefosse

edefosse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to convert a .dvr-ms video file created with Microsoft Windows Media Center (Vista) to DivX format but I am experiencing major problems.

When I launch Copy & Convert and select the .dvr-ms file by pressing the "Add Movies..." button I get a window stating "Remux file...".  Once that "Remux file..." process finishes I am popped back over to the main Copy & Convert window where you would normally hit "Burn..." or "Save As..."

However, the problem is that apparently the "Remux file..." operation didn't work as evidenced by the fact that the movie information under the "Sources" panel says that the Playtime length is  0 min 0 sec.  Furthermore, the bottom right hand of the screen states "Content Quality: Error Calculating Quality".

Pressing "Save As.." at this point results in Copy & Convert attempting to convert the file but the conversion ends prematurely and no converted file is written.

Any insights?

Thanks,

-Erin

#2 PA_Dave

PA_Dave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

I have the same issue.  I have a brand new Dell with Vista Home Premium, plenty of disk space and 4GB RAM.  When using Copy & Convert to convert dvr-ms files recorded on this box with Media Center, the Redux process does not seem to run properly.  I have been able to run it properly once against a 30 minute show recording, but when running it against an hour long or 2 hour long episode, I get a 30 second clip from Redux (once I got a 1.5 minute clip).  If I use the freeware DVRTOMSToolbox to convert the dvr-ms file to an mpeg file, I can then convert mpeg to divx.  This defeats the purpose of having this software, however.  Please fix this!!!

#3 mslewis

mslewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:45 AM

I am trying to use Copy & Convert to convert a .dvd-ms file to DVD-Video.  I am experience major problems in both the conversion and the burning.  CONVERSION: Same as with other postings, when using Copy & Convert to convert dvr-ms files recorded with Media Center, the remux process does not seem to run properly. I also have been able to convert 30 minute show recording, but when trying to convert an hour long or 2 hour long episode, it gets some percentage (11% on a number of tries) into the conversion and then locks up.  BURNING: Once the remux process finishes for at least the 30 minutes shows and I compile 4 together and hit the Burn button, it gets part way through the burning process then locks up.  RESPONSE: This is now the 3rd posting with similar problems, but I don't see any Roxio suggested fixes,  admission of problem, updates to correct the problem.  I have owned 3 Roxio software products in the past that I have been very pleased with.  I am disappointed in this product and the lack of support.  Roxio, please help fix this problem and make me a satisfied customer again.

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

mslewis,

This is a user forum where the helpers are customer-volunteers and not Roxio staff.

I don't have anything to do with dvr-ms files, so I can't help you myself. However since Copy & Convert uses the same Copier 9 as Easy Media Creator 9 uses, may I suggest that it might be worth your while to pop up to the EMC9 forums where many other people are using the same program?

Best regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#5 mslewis

mslewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Brendon @ Jun 9 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mslewis,

This is a user forum where the helpers are customer-volunteers and not Roxio staff.

I don't have anything to do with dvr-ms files, so I can't help you myself. However since Copy & Convert uses the same Copier 9 as Easy Media Creator 9 uses, may I suggest that it might be worth your while to pop up to the EMC9 forums where many other people are using the same program?

Best regards,
Brendon

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users