• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Leetom

Leetom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

I can create videos but get an error when I try and go from Videowave 7 to DVD builder.  I cannot burn DVDs, or even get the video to translate to the DVD builder application.  However, I can import the video to InterVideo WinDVD Creator and burn a DVD with the Video file created originally in Videowave.  I haven't used the Videowave software in about a year.  A year ago I was able to burn DVDs without a problem.
I am running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2 on a Compaq Presario AMD Athlon XP 3000+ at 2.10 GHz with 448 MB of RAM.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

#2 act4yew

act4yew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Leetom @ Jun 8 2007, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can create videos but get an error when I try and go from Videowave 7 to DVD builder.  I cannot burn DVDs, or even get the video to translate to the DVD builder application.  However, I can import the video to InterVideo WinDVD Creator and burn a DVD with the Video file created originally in Videowave.  I haven't used the Videowave software in about a year.  A year ago I was able to burn DVDs without a problem.
I am running Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2 on a Compaq Presario AMD Athlon XP 3000+ at 2.10 GHz with 448 MB of RAM.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

mad.gif I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating!  I have capture d video via my digital camcorder and I've edited it from 3 miniDV video cassettes.  I've SAVED THE PRODUCTION AS and I SAVED OUTPUT TO: video file.  I've RENDERED and FINISHED and CANNOT get it to BURN to DVD.

I also RENDERED it as a GOOD QUALITY mpg and it RENDERED to 388MB (1hr: 39min) and I rendered at the DEFAULT setting and it created a 5.3GB file size.  The 5.3GB file is REALLY to big to BURN to my 4.7GB DVD disk so I'd like to know can I CONDENSE IT in its RENDERED state.  Neither RENDERING will begin to BURN.  I just get an ERROR message....well, not a message, but a WARNING that "DVD BUILDER HAS ENCOUNTERED PROBLEMS AND NEEDS TO CLOSE".

PLEASE, someone HELP, I need to BURN by Monday.

#3 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:24 AM

IE7 and WMP11 are known to break EMC7, as posted at the top…

Do either of you have these MS updates installed?
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:44 AM

In addition to what James said there, the amount of RAM (448 MB) not only is on the lowish side but also tells us that you are using an onboard video chip and not a dedicated video card. You seem to have 64 MB allocated to the card (hence the 448 MB available RAM)

I'd recommend a hardware upgrade - more RAM and a separate graphics card if you want to be able to render video successfully
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 golinux

golinux

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (act4yew @ Jun 9 2007, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also RENDERED it as a GOOD QUALITY mpg and it RENDERED to 388MB (1hr: 39min) and I rendered at the DEFAULT setting and it created a 5.3GB file size.  The 5.3GB file is REALLY to big to BURN to my 4.7GB DVD disk so I'd like to know can I CONDENSE IT in its RENDERED state.

Check out edited out. It will do what you want.

Edited by james_hardin, 09 June 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:32 AM

If you saved the file as a .iso image, just open that with Disc Copier and it will shrink it to fit with some loss of quality
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#7 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (sisterscape @ Jun 9 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out edited out. It will do what you want.

An extra program is not needed as long as the project total or any individual Title does not exceed 2 hours!

Simply burn to file (ISO) and use Disc Copier to burn to disc, allowing it to re-render to fit.

Of course anything in excess of 1 hour on a 4.7gb disc will suffer in quality…

Edited by james_hardin, 09 June 2007 - 04:02 PM.

XP Pro/SP2

#8 golinux

golinux

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Jun 9 2007, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you saved the file as a .iso image, just open that with Disc Copier and it will shrink it to fit with some loss of quality

You and James seem to have short memories so I'll remind you that shrinking in Disk Copier produces the dreaded 60 minute transcoding glitch!  The only way around it is in that thread.

Edited by sisterscape, 09 June 2007 - 05:54 AM.

#9 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,654 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (sisterscape @ Jun 9 2007, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You and James seem to have short memories so I'll remind you that shrinking in Disk Copier produces the dreaded 60 minute transcoding glitch! The only way around it is in that thread.

Just a side question: Would you happen to know if the same glitch happen in version 9?
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#10 Leetom

Leetom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (act4yew @ Jun 8 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mad.gif I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating!  I have capture d video via my digital camcorder and I've edited it from 3 miniDV video cassettes.  I've SAVED THE PRODUCTION AS and I SAVED OUTPUT TO: video file.  I've RENDERED and FINISHED and CANNOT get it to BURN to DVD.

I also RENDERED it as a GOOD QUALITY mpg and it RENDERED to 388MB (1hr: 39min) and I rendered at the DEFAULT setting and it created a 5.3GB file size.  The 5.3GB file is REALLY to big to BURN to my 4.7GB DVD disk so I'd like to know can I CONDENSE IT in its RENDERED state.  Neither RENDERING will begin to BURN.  I just get an ERROR message....well, not a message, but a WARNING that "DVD BUILDER HAS ENCOUNTERED PROBLEMS AND NEEDS TO CLOSE".

PLEASE, someone HELP, I need to BURN by Monday.

As a last resort you can try running the InterVideo WinDVD Creator from your software and when it starts select create CD/DVD with existing file.  This will allow you to burn the video you created onto a DVD using the WinDVD software instead of VideoWave 7 software.  Unfortunately, this won't help with your 5.3 GB file problem.  You may just have to edit your file to get it down in size.

#11 golinux

golinux

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (malatekid @ Jun 9 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a side question: Would you happen to know if the same glitch happen in version 9?

Nope.  Remember that when I first came to Roxio I had just bought V. 8 but dumped it (because of excessive capture times).  That experience soured me on "upgrades".  V. 7.5 does everything I need with a few workarounds.  No need to keep returning to the trough, if you know what I mean.  And no. I'm not even interested in the trial version, thank you.

Edited by sisterscape, 09 June 2007 - 07:03 AM.

#12 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,654 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:05 AM

Thank you for the response. smile.gif
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#13 Leetom

Leetom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Jun 9 2007, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the advice.

How can I tell if IE7 and WMP11 are installed?

I checked my software through add or remove programs and only found the following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.1
Microsoft Visual J#.NET REdistributable Package 1.1
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 6.0 Parser
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer Clean Up
Windows Media Format 11 Runtime
Windows XP Serive Pack 2

#14 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

Open both media player and ie and go to help, about and it says there which version you are using

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#15 Leetom

Leetom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Jun 9 2007, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Open both media player and ie and go to help, about and it says there which version you are using

James, thank you very much for your help!

I downgraded from Windows Media Play 11 and that didn't solve the problem.

When I down graded from Internet Explorer 7 to Internet Explorer 6 everything worked fine in VideoWave 7.

I am just hoping all the iPod SW my daughter uses doesn't get effected.  You know how that can go...

Much obliged.

#16 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (malatekid @ Jun 9 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

myguggi @ Nov 25 2006, 05:59 PM)

I have the same or similar behaviour on all DVDs that I have created of videos that are > 60 minutes. The funny thing is that the playback behaviour is different on different stand alone DVD players. On the one player it it jumps back to a previuos point, I press stop on the remote, then play and the video plays Ok from then on. On the other player it "freezes" for about 5 seconds and then continues playing normally. On the 1st player this behaviour occurs always around the 65-70 minute mark while on the 2nd its always around the 62 minute mark. All these DVDs contain an about 90 minute video that was rendered to an iso file and then burned to DVD using Disc Copier. I have over a 100 of these DVDs that display this behaviour and it would be nice to know what causes this.

malatekid  Nov 26 2006, 10:24 AM  

I have the same issue that myguggi described but this was in V7.5. I still have to watch the video (105 minutes) I created with EMC9 to see if the same problem persists.
http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12924

Why not answer your own question. My inquiring mind would like to know, did you have the same ' glitch '  with EMC9?

We are working with v7 here, correct?

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#17 Leetom

Leetom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Jun 9 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not answer your own question. My inquiring mind would like to know, did you have the same ' glitch '  with EMC9?

cd

Just one more note, using InterVideo WinDVD to create a DVD from video files edited in VideoWave 7 cut off some of the video at the end of the production.  In addition, some of the video was choppy on the DVD.  Not a clean alternative.  Best to downgrade to Internet Explorer 6.

#18 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Jun 9 2007, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cd

The dreaded 60 minute glitch is one that very, very few have been able to reproduce… I have yet to see it and tried very hard to reproduce it.

Likewise it only appears on some Players but not all!

There is always someone reporting skipping on DVD's with V8 as well as V9. But I do not believe that anyone has described exactly what Sistercape has encountered.
Since V7 has been out of production almost 2 years now and is easily broken by MS updates (IE7 & WMP11), I think it would be more prudent to upgrade to V9 rather than invest in another software with limited capabilities.
XP Pro/SP2

#19 act4yew

act4yew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Jun 9 2007, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES.   What do I do?

#20 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (act4yew @ Jun 9 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES.   What do I do?

Remove them wink.gif

IE7 will uninstall from add/remove programs - for WMP11 you'll need to hunt a bit as it isn't quite as straightforward

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users