Jude

Windows Installer -- Napster burn engine.msi

Question

Yesterday I purchased a brand new copy of Creator 9 suite. I installed without a hitch, except when I ran it for the first time, I wanted me to register the product. For some reason, it didn't seem to go through (I chose Easy Media Creator...I chose version 9...hit submit..over and over...). The next day (today) I start it up and along with the splash screen is the Windows Installer prompt saying it can't find the path saying

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable....enter alternate path to folder containing the installation package 'Napster Burn Engine.msi in the box below. "

I click anywhere on that screen and it locks my computer up, Easy Media crashes and Windows wants me to send a report to them...etc, etc.

What's up with the "Napster burn engine.msi" error/installation?

If I move the Windows Installer window out of the way (but not "X" it) it looks like I have full control of the suite, but I don't want to have to deal with that every time.

Thanks in advance,

Jude

11 answers to this question

Yesterday I purchased a brand new copy of Creator 9 suite. I installed without a hitch, except when I ran it for the first time, I wanted me to register the product. For some reason, it didn't seem to go through (I chose Easy Media Creator...I chose version 9...hit submit..over and over...). The next day (today) I start it up and along with the splash screen is the Windows Installer prompt saying it can't find the path saying

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable....enter alternate path to folder containing the installation package 'Napster Burn Engine.msi in the box below. "

I click anywhere on that screen and it locks my computer up, Easy Media crashes and Windows wants me to send a report to them...etc, etc.

What's up with the "Napster burn engine.msi" error/installation?

If I move the Windows Installer window out of the way (but not "X" it) it looks like I have full control of the suite, but I don't want to have to deal with that every time.

Thanks in advance,

Jude

Seems like something didn't complete in the install. Have you tried a repair install to see if that cleans it up?

No I haven't. How would I know which disk (of the 2) to do the repair install on? And since I've never had to do a repair install, should I go through the control panel?

thanks for the speedy reply, man

No I haven't. How would I know which disk (of the 2) to do the repair install on? And since I've never had to do a repair install, should I go through the control panel?

thanks for the speedy reply, man

Yes, you can use the control panel. When asked for a disk, use the program disk and not the content disk. If you're not sure, look at the disc info. I don't have it near me but one should read 'Content' and that's not the one you want for a repair install.

Control panel, Add/remove programs, highlight Roxio EMC 9 suite, click change. After a few screens you get to one with options Modify, Repair, Remove. Select repair, click next. If it asks for the CD it is the one with the software, not the contents one (which just adds some more templates, themes, styles, etc.)

Sorry Beerman, you posted while I typed.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld

AHHH this sucks! I (thought I) repaired the installation. Then it asked for me to do a reboot. Fine. Rebooted (left the disc in) and then started up Roxio just fine. Finished a movie and ejected the Roxio disc and inserted a brand new blank disc. I tried to burn a DVD through MyDVD and it gave me an error during compliation. I shut Roxio down, ejected the blank DVD, and restarted Roxio and guess what? I got a Napster Burn Engine.msi error.

I'm really starting to think I should have gone with Premier....

Any ideas?

OMFG

Ok, so thanks for everyone's help. I went and tried the 'ol "download Napster" trick, and sure as $hit, it worked. So if ANY of you run into this problem, please try that, and don't forget to cancel your Napster subscription (if you don't want Napster) !

Jude

OMFG

Ok, so thanks for everyone's help. I went and tried the 'ol "download Napster" trick, and sure as $hit, it worked. So if ANY of you run into this problem, please try that, and don't forget to cancel your Napster subscription (if you don't want Napster) !

Jude

I had thought about that but the last 2 times I suggested it for EMC9, it did not work. However, many have tried the pxengine update and it did work. Sorry I didn't suggest that first.

I'm glad you got it working and let us know how. You don't even need to subscribe to Napster to install it, just the install itself helps. And, in that regard, the repair install itself should have fixed your problem but I don't know why it didn't.

I had thought about that but the last 2 times I suggested it for EMC9, it did not work. However, many have tried the pxengine update and it did work. Sorry I didn't suggest that first.

I'm glad you got it working and let us know how. You don't even need to subscribe to Napster to install it, just the install itself helps. And, in that regard, the repair install itself should have fixed your problem but I don't know why it didn't.

I'm having problems with Napster and Roxio working together, what ol napster download trick are we talking about here?

I'm having problems with Napster and Roxio working together, what ol napster download trick are we talking about here?

Those who installed v9 and get the Napster Burn Engine error usually benefit from installing (or reinstalling) Napster.

I also had the same problem(over and over and over again)!!! First I did go to Napster and got the download, did not fix my problem! Then I finally saw "Resources" on the home page, found some info on the PX Engine update, followed that link, downloaded the update. Rebooted my computer and "VIOLIA", no more Napster Burn Engine Error*&%$#@(&^% cannot find the path error!) This is the first time my EMC 10 has ever booted correctly without that stupid installation window popping up!! Just update the PX Enginge folks, it works!!! :rolleyes:

Did you happen to notice you just responded to a four year old thread regarding a Napster problem on EMC9?

The PX Engine fault has NOTHING to do with this (and Napster had nothing to do with EMC10)