rod2

proxy manager crashes

Question

this has been an occasional problem that suddenly happens every time i try to do any video-related operaiton, in either MyDVD or Videowave

i begin to convert a file or build a DVD and i get "Proxy Manager has generated an error and needs to close" and the program stalls

I've got to Tools-Options and cleared the proxy several times but nothing works. I've tried it connected to the internet and offline. I've tried different directories. I've tried different video files. So far, nothing, it hangs everytime

any ideas?

7 answers to this question

I have the same problem. I Have closed everything non-essential (closed all start-ups, except Microsoft applications) cleared the Proxy, recorded an ISO. I tried to update the NVidea drivers, but my screen started flashing, and I got this message: Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, so I reverted to an earlier version.

I still get the following errors (at various times):

Proxy Manager has stopped working

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

VideoWave 9 is not responding

Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD-Video, SVCD or VCD structure

Computer Information:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Dimension E521

Windows Vista Home Premium

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 46001- 2.40 GHz

Memory (RAM): 2046 MB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

NVidea - Geforce 7300 LE

I have the same problem. I Have closed everything non-essential (closed all start-ups, except Microsoft applications) cleared the Proxy, recorded an ISO. I tried to update the NVidea drivers, but my screen started flashing, and I got this message: Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, so I reverted to an earlier version.

I still get the following errors (at various times):

Proxy Manager has stopped working

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

VideoWave 9 is not responding

I had the same problem for a day after I moved theDivXDev.ax file out of the SysWOW64 folder in Vista. It just so happened I was trying to create a DVD with the AC3 codec. I ended up re-installing EMC9.0 and it went away.

Eventually i uninstalled and re-installed the program. Pain in the butt, however, it fixed whatever was the problem. POSSIBLY it could have been related that i had tried to turn off "Roxio watched media folders" or whatever it is. I've had all kinds of issues with video wave lately.... for no apparent reason it suddenly will start crashing, after performing beautifully for awhile. I just shake my head, uninstall, and re-install and keep working. Some of the most buggy software I've ever had to work with. Unfortunately, what it does, it does superbly.... until for unknown reasons it suddenly stops doing it.

Thanks for your suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Unfortunately, I get:

80004005 Error while  Encoding Menu

computer details:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Dimension E521

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 46001- 2.40 GHz

Memory (RAM): 2046 MB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

NVidea - Geforce 7300 LE

Burner: TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H653A SCSI CdRom Device

Drive: SAMSUNG SP2504C, 250 Gb

8004005 is usually video related

Have you updated your video drivers to the latest and installed DirectX 9.0c from MS?

Also - try using software rendering instead of hardware and see if that helps (you will lsoe out on some transitions but it may help to pin down the problem)

8004005 is usually video related

Have you updated your video drivers to the latest and installed DirectX 9.0c from MS?

I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidea, and my burning failed, then I deleted some movie files, because earlier I noticed that my DVD projects fail unless I use Hi Quality. Also one of the files had chapters and on my XP machine MyDVD sometimes failed when files had chapters, or edits, or transitions. I could never figure out why they worked sometimes and not at others.

But after I removed the files, the disk burned successfully.

BUT... then I couldn't load MS Word or Corel Paint Shop Pro. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that didn't work so I did a system restore. They work now.

But when I try to start MyDVD I get this error:

ERROR: Unable to load skin.

I've used many versions of MyDVD, but now I'm starting to wonder why I ever bought this product, This feels like a job. Oh how I wish Nero made sub-directories.

Edited by SteveRS

Hi all, I have the same Proxy Manager crash problem.. in addition to this I cannot burn any DVD because MyDVD crashes during video file encoding..... this is very frustrating!!!

Any idea on how to solve the problem?