• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Schaef

Schaef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

I purchased Easy CD & DVD Burning Software several months ago.   When I tried to use it today it would not load and said that I had exceed the trial period.  No where on the box or in the software does it say I have a trial version.   What the hell is going on!!!!

Thank for any help you can give me!

#2 TOTG

TOTG

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:57 AM

Its a problem with antivirus software.  Contact Roxio directly by either calling them or by chatting with them and they can help you.

Or just do a clean install.  Your choice.

Edited by TOTG, 12 July 2007 - 06:58 AM.

#3 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:45 AM

It's not an anti-virus problem - it's down to Norton Utilities One Button Checkup (which has nothing to do with a/v).

That is deleting a necessary registry entry and making that happen.

Norton seem very reluctant to either admit there is a fayult or even to do anything about it. As a fyi - McAfee causes the same problem but other utility programs don't (I use Ashampoo WinOptimizer myself and it has never caused that)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#4 bob 199

bob 199

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

angry.gif after load of easy CD & DVD Software the other day it worked in morning but in evening is said trial version had expired. I then uninstalled next morning and reinstalled and it worked again in the morning but in the afternoon it again said trial version had expired. Any good fixes for this yet? If not I will need a refund.

#5 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Did you run Norton One Button Checkup or the McAfee equivalent?
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,264 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

. . . .or any registry cleaner at all?

I have even provoked this fault with RegSeeker, which must be one of the best registry cleaners out there. The registry key which Roxio checks is extremely fragile and is seen as "faulty" by many registry cleaners, which then remove it.

Reinstalling the software will rebuild that key until the next time.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#7 hhines1

hhines1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:03 PM

I am having the same problem... Keeps telling me the trial version has expired.  I think there should
be a fix for this problem.   Waiting on Roxie for answer. sad.gif

#8 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (hhines1 @ Oct 30 2007, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having the same problem... Keeps telling me the trial version has expired.  I think there should
be a fix for this problem.   Waiting on Roxie for answer. sad.gif

Did you contact Roxio about this??? – this is a peer-to-peer forum, not Support

Did you read through this thread as the solution has not changed?
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#9 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,264 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

The fix is at present still:
(1) Reinstall the software to rebuild the registry key which Norton's OBC has killed

(2) Don't use Norton's One Button Checkup, or any vigorous registry cleaner.

Later, if certain things happen in the mail, we hope to be able to tell you the name of the key which gets killed, so you can back it up and also stop your registry cleaner from treading on it.

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

#10 Vijay2u

Vijay2u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

I'm using Easy Media Creator 9.  I've been running McAfee Virusscan forever and did not have this problem until I installed Windows Vista.  Is this perhaps a Vista compatibility issue and is there a fix?

QUOTE (TOTG @ Jul 12 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a problem with antivirus software.  Contact Roxio directly by either calling them or by chatting with them and they can help you.

Or just do a clean install.  Your choice.

#11 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Vijay2u @ Nov 5 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using Easy Media Creator 9.  I've been running McAfee Virusscan forever and did not have this problem until I installed Windows Vista.  Is this perhaps a Vista compatibility issue and is there a fix?

No, this problem is only caused by AV Software and has nothing to do with Vista.
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#12 styleajet3

styleajet3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Schaef @ Jul 12 2007, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchased Easy CD & DVD Burning Software several months ago.   When I tried to use it today it would not load and said that I had exceed the trial period.  No where on the box or in the software does it say I have a trial version.   What the hell is going on!!!!

Thank for any help you can give me!

Its acutally a problem with the registry cleaner. I just went through it. I exchanged the software thinking it was defective to find out that my Windoctor was deleting a registry value. What a pain in the but after uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times. I have it working now, but this shouldn't be with new software. You have to select ignore or allow in whatever registry cleaner you are using. This should be fixed! cool.gif

#13 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,264 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

It's a problem with a particular registry key, and they stopped using that validation method so it doesn't happen in later versions of the software.

It won't be fixed in this version however, because they're not doing any further updates. EMC10 is the current version, and they will be well into EMC11 by now.

Regards,
Brendon

#14 ohbjuan

ohbjuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Brendon @ Nov 27 2007, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a problem with a particular registry key, and they stopped using that validation method so it doesn't happen in later versions of the software.

It won't be fixed in this version however, because they're not doing any further updates. EMC10 is the current version, and they will be well into EMC11 by now.

Regards,
Brendon

Again, just poor customer service by Roxio. They should fix this problem for the money we paid for the software. I refuse to purchase a new version when I only downloaded this version from them about 6 months ago. Very poor customer service Roxio... Can you say, "Never buy from you again?"

#15 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,264 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:19 AM

ohbjuan,

Did you not bother to read the post about this subject which is pinned to the top of this forum? It has previously answered all the comments you just made.

I find it hard to believe you went all the way back to last month to find this old thread when the answer was at the top of the page.

Brendon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users