ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,254 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (MartyK @ Jul 25 2007, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone around that can help?

Yes....give us some details of your problem.

#3 MartyK

MartyK

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (ogdens @ Jul 25 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes....give us some details of your problem.

I have used Photostory 3 previously and have successfully made DVD’s using Sonic DVD.

I haven’t had the occasion to make another Photostroy DVD for around 6 months.  When trying, I create the slide story, added music, etc and finished my production … it plays without any problems on my PC.

BUT, when trying to make a DVD, I was able to proceed thru Creating disk, Burning Files to Disk and then got a halt with a message “Sonic DVD cannot create the DVD because an error has occurred”

As a result, I uninstalled Photo Story 3, uninstalled Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3 … and reinstalled.  

I same problem described above recurred.

So, I purchased and downloaded a new copy of Sonic DVD for Photostory 3 for Windows –ESD and tried again … the same problem repeated.

I called tech support (have a ticket #) paid the additional $35 and did the following.

Downloaded and installed pxengine 3_00_58a, removed all temp files using the “run” protocol, and upgraded my firmware thru a support download from Sony … I have a Sony DVD RW DR U-810A running version 1.0 f firmware and installed using the Nero Suite provided by Sony (it’s a replacement of the original DVD RW device furnished by the OEM).

I have a HP PC with Microsoft Windows XP, version 2002, service pack 2 and use Norton Antivirus and Verizon DSL

In addition to Photo Story 3 and Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3

the following programs are installed on my PC:

DVD Solution
Intervideo Win DVD Player
Muvee AutoProducer
Nero Suite
Sonic Encoders
Sonic Record Now!
Sonic Update Manager
Can you help or do I have to follow-up with tech support?

MartyK

#4 Patty

Patty

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,630 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:54 AM

Glad to see you got a response, MartyR, I feel sure ogdens will be able to help you. rolleyes.gif Good Luck wink.gif
Patty

V6, V7v7.5, V8 , v9 ,
Dell Dimension XPS4, Windows XP Prof
PROCESSOR,80547,Pentium 4 Prescott DT,Pentium4 Prescott DT.3.4GHZ.1 MEGB, 800FSB
DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 1G, 533M, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8 (4G total Memory)

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5
ASSEMBLY, DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC 3450 CARD (CIRCUIT), MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394,
CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 256, GEFORCE, 6800, HMGA11
FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR, 3MD, NO BEZEL, SAMSUNG, CHASSIS 2001
HARD DRIVE, 250GB, Serial ATA, 8MB, WD-XL80-2
HARD DRIVE, 74GB, 8MEGB, 10K, Serial ATA, WD-EXPN
HARD DRIVE, 74GB, 8MEGB, 10K, Serial ATA, WD-EXPN
NORTON INTERNET SECURITY, WXPPSP3

Dell Vostro 2510 Laptop
Vista Ultimate- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB  L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)    Vostro  25108X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at  667MHz, 2 DIMM    Memory 250GB2 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free  Fall Sensor,    Hard  Drives 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M  GS,
    Video  Board High Definition Audio 2.0    Sound  CardIntegrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone
Roxio V9.1, 2009, 2010 Pro

XPS 9100..........Windows 7 Ultimate 64..525W, EXTREME PERFORMANCE SYSTEM..., 9100, Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, Mini Tower, KIT...,Processor, I7-920, 2.66, 8MB, Bloomfield, D0, Speaker, 120V, BOSE2, Dell AMERICASORGANIZATION, Card, Wireless, Network, DW1525, Full Height, TUNER..., Television..., TVT9, PLACEMAT..., CARD(CIRCUIT)..., TVT9, NATIONAL TELEVISION SYSTEMS COMMUNICATIONS..., ATSC, Hard Drive, 1.5TB, S2, 7.2K BRINKS-XLOB, HARD DRIVE..., 1TB, S2, 7.2K, WESTERN DIGITAL..., XL500, Kit, Card, Network, Documentation, Antenna, Screw, Assembly, 6-Dual In-line Memory Module, 2G 1333, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8, Assembly, Blu-Ray Rewritable, 8X, Half Height, Plds, Card, Graphics, Advanced Micro Devices, 1G, 5670, M206, Assembly, Dvd+/-Rw, 16X, Half Height, BARE, HitachiLg Data Storage, Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.3, Premium, Blu-Ray Disk Playback, Kit, Mouse/keyboard Combo Wireless, AMF, Abnt2
Roxio 2011 Pro

#5 Jim.

Jim.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Patty @ Jul 26 2007, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to see you got a response, MartyR, I feel sure ogdens will be able to help you. rolleyes.gif Good Luck wink.gif

I tried the very same version MartyR when I had it installed on a main computer and used to get the Error message a couple of times but nearly always when tried again it made the dvd I required.  So perhaps trying to burn the dvd a few times suddenly produces the goods.

But my trouble now is that I had to buy a new laptop after the main computer decided it did not like to work anymore and went into enforced retirement.  I have installed Photo Story 3 on it but because I lost everything I needed the dvd burn part installed, so contacted Roxio and Element 5 who eventually sent me the information I bought and paid for back in 2005.  But now when I try and download the part it goes through until it comes up with a box asking for my name, organisation and SERIAL NUMBER which can only be obtained if a boxed version is bought, but the version I bought was by computer download.  I have asked and asked by sending several tickets for a suitable number to fill the box and then be able to complete the download.  I have tried the numbers I have such as Ref number or License Information number but it keeps coming up saying NUMBERS INVALID.  Now I have just received another e-mail asking me for a list of things such as Operating System, Programme Suite, Information on my machine CPU speed etc etc types of files etc etc.
All I want is a number to complete the box, HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?????????
Jim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users