21 replies to this topic

#1 grandma_of_3

grandma_of_3

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

I purchsed a download version of Easy Media Creator 9 and have had nothing but problems with it.
Whenever I attempt to open the program I get the following message..
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 suite.msi    source code could not be found...

The program worked twice since I bought it in January.....

What is wrong and how can I fix it......

Very frustrated here

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,375 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (grandma_of_3 @ Aug 3 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchsed a download version of Easy Media Creator 9 and have had nothing but problems with it.

Very frustrated here

Try going through the clean install instructions, as listed in the following:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 Julesellen

Julesellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem with the missing msi file when I've tried to do a repair from the control panel. However how can you do a clean install when you downloaded the software in the first place, I do have back up copy discs from Roxio but as they just only have exe files on them I have no idea how to use them to re-install or repair the program. Please help

#4 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

An .msi file is a database of all the  files, settings, and configuration information for the associated application.That file is placed on your harddrive in a hidden folder.It can also be on the installation discs to help with the installation.If Windows asks for it during installation or repair all you should have to do is put your install disc in and browse for it on the disc.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#5 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

You could try the following, as you have the downloaded installation file, which is a self extracting file:

Use Winzip or Winrar to extract the contents of the installation file to a suitable folder (the extraction will also create subfolders; leave the folder structure as it is). You will see that Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 suite.msi is one of the files extracted,

Then when you get the message that it cannot find the file, you should have the option to point it to where you have extracted it to.

If you do a clean uninstall, you can also try reinstalling by double clicking on setup.exe, which will also be one of the extracted files. If you do that don't delete the extracted files after the installation, in case you need to use them, for example for a repair.
Dell XPS630i. Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI. CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz. RAM: 3 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM). Hard drives: 2x WD25 00AAJS-75VWA 250GB SATA. Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB. Audio: Audigy 2 (Dell OEM). DVD RW drives: Liteon iHAS234, HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N. All drivers and firmware up to date.
XP Pro SP3 , IE 8, WMP 11, all updates. Creator 2011 Pro.

#6 Julesellen

Julesellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (jeanrosenfeld @ Aug 6 2007, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could try the following, as you have the downloaded installation file, which is a self extracting file:

Use Winzip or Winrar to extract the contents of the installation file to a suitable folder (the extraction will also create subfolders; leave the folder structure as it is). You will see that Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 suite.msi is one of the files extracted,

Then when you get the message that it cannot find the file, you should have the option to point it to where you have extracted it to.

If you do a clean uninstall, you can also try reinstalling by double clicking on setup.exe, which will also be one of the extracted files. If you do that don't delete the extracted files after the installation, in case you need to use them, for example for a repair.

Sorry to be so dumb but how do I find the installation file? I'm not sure where to look.

#7 Julesellen

Julesellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

I've just tried to use the discs to reinstall but they don't work. The file just wont open. As its still under warranty I suppose I contact Roxio for replacements. Any advise

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,375 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Julesellen @ Aug 8 2007, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just tried to use the discs to reinstall but they don't work. The file just wont open. As its still under warranty I suppose I contact Roxio for replacements. Any advise

Read Post #5 in this thread.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#9 Julesellen

Julesellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:47 AM

Yes I've read post 5, but as I previously wrote I don't know how to find the file in the 1st place, can someone please be more specific
Thanks

#10 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,233 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Julesellen @ Aug 8 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I've read post 5, but as I previously wrote I don't know how to find the file in the 1st place, can someone please be more specific
Thanks
The "files" are the program and content .exe ones you downloaded, or are on the backup cd's you recieved, that you used to install the program originally. Those "self-extracting" exe files are what's being referred to in post #5. Once extracted to a folder on your hard drive, there will be the .msi file the repair is looking for.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#11 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

In your first post you mentioned that you had downloaded the files. I don't know the exact name of the file you downloaded (and I assume that you still have them on your hard drive in whatever folder you saved them in, or on CD), but it will be something like

RoxioEMCSuitev9.0_efisd_R03.exe

the bit after RoxioEMC9Suitev9,0 may be different (may depend on when you got it), but you should be able to recognise the file from the first part of the name. That is the one you should extract from.

The Contents installation file that you downloaded will have a name similar to

RoxioContentCDv9.0_SUI.exe

You install the Contents after you have installed the suite
Dell XPS630i. Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI. CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz. RAM: 3 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM). Hard drives: 2x WD25 00AAJS-75VWA 250GB SATA. Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB. Audio: Audigy 2 (Dell OEM). DVD RW drives: Liteon iHAS234, HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N. All drivers and firmware up to date.

#12 Julesellen

Julesellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, found the file, followed previous advise re uninstalling and reinstalling then doing a repair on the program. I've also tried disabling the registry and repairing etc. None of these things have worked, I still do not have the Generate chapter menu check box. I'm now very frustrated, any other suggestions please

#13 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Julesellen @ Aug 10 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, found the file, followed previous advise re uninstalling and reinstalling then doing a repair on the program. I've also tried disabling the registry and repairing etc. None of these things have worked, I still do not have the Generate chapter menu check box. I'm now very frustrated, any other suggestions please

That is a different problem, perhaps you would have been better starting a new thread (you also tacked on to someone else's thread with that issue).

What resolution is your screen set at?
It would help if you posted your system specs. You can add them to your signature, as I have done, for example. (click My controls at the top of the forum click edit signature, type in the details).

What is running on the PC when this problem occurs? Try disabling all startup items, restart and do a repair of EMC 9 again.

#14 Guitar_Bob

Guitar_Bob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (grandma_of_3 @ Aug 3 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very frustrated here

I have the EXACT same problem.   Now check this,
The attempted bad installation continues every time I reboot.   I attempted to reinstall from my download, and it now reports it is corrupt.

Contacted tech support - they say buy a new download for $4.95.   So, I attempted to uninstall the whole thing.  Can't - "Another installation is in progress".   So buying new download won't work.

So I can't uninstall, can't stop the bad install, the .msi file is NOT THERE (I did complete search of my hard drive) and my ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR 9 SUITE DOES NOT WORK.

I certainly hope there is a moderator on this forum, because the company either owes us a fix or our money back.

Edited by Guitar_Bob, 11 August 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#15 smonteijr

smonteijr

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Guitar_Bob @ Aug 11 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I certainly hope there is a moderator on this forum, because the company either owes us a fix or our money back.

I have a Gibson V and baby blue Strat, and play through Marshall.

As far as the forum goes, it is mostly users like me attempting to help users like you. It's not officially moderated by Roxio, although you will see Roxio staff post in the forums. So to assist you with getting your money back, you will have to contact Roxio directly.

What has me concerned is this download you bought. Exactly what was it? Was it the same version or a newer version of what you had? That sounds very shady in my opinion.

To end, can you provide more specs on your computer (see my sig).

Keep that train a rolling!

Edited by smonteijr, 11 August 2007 - 02:10 PM.

#16 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

If you're talking about the missing isscript.msi file, I've had that problem (dunno why) on a new install of windows

If you go to the content package, open and extract that with winrar or winzip to a temporary folder, you will find a file there called "ISScript1050"

Run that and then try the install again
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#17 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,233 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (smonteijr @ Aug 11 2007, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....As far as the forum goes, it is mostly users like me attempting to help users like you. It's not officially moderated by Roxio, although you will see Roxio staff post in the forums. So to assist you with getting your money back, you will have to contact Roxio directly...........
smonteijr: You got part of that right, where one needs to contact roxio regarding refunds. As to moderating the forums, yes Roxio does officially moderate them, making sure posts are within guidelines. Their moderators will also post information from time to time on things like updates, new products, etc.... News type items. In general, they do not officially post replies to requests for support assitance.

Guitar_Bob: try gi7omy's suggestion, and if that does not help, post back so someone can try to offer some other suggestions.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#18 Morrisgirl68

Morrisgirl68

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:57 AM

I currently have the same problem with the missing Suite.msi file.  I downloaded winzip from the internet, and extracted the EMC9 program files.  I think the file is in Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 folder and the file is Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite.  I too, obviously, bought the downloadable EMC9 from Roxio.  I was able to finish the repair, and will now reboot the computer and see if it works.  I'll keep you "posted"!   biggrin.gif

#19 Morrisgirl68

Morrisgirl68

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Morrisgirl68 @ Aug 16 2007, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I currently have the same problem with the missing Suite.msi file.  I downloaded winzip from the internet, and extracted the EMC9 program files.  I think the file is in Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 folder and the file is Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite.  I too, obviously, bought the downloadable EMC9 from Roxio.  I was able to finish the repair, and will now reboot the computer and see if it works.  I'll keep you "posted"!   biggrin.gif

Well,  It didn't work.  I can't even open the program.  When I first purchased, downloaded, and installed the program, it worked fine.  I worked with Videowave for about a week, and then I saved my work and closed down.  The next time I tried to open EMC9, it wouldn't open.  I tried going to Start, All Programs, and just opening Videowave, but that didn't work either.  Does anyone have any other suggestions????  PLEASE!!!  Thanks!

#20 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

Morrisgirl - it's always better to start a new thread - it seems your problem is different from the one originally stated

You say it diod work and then stopped. What may you have installed in the meantime (including windows updates)? If you can find out what else was installed, try uninstalling that and see if that restores the suite.
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users