• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kd8ov

kd8ov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

I am having a problem where Roxio will not recognize that I have inserted a blank DVD.  I figured that I had a problem with my firmware and it would not recognize a 16X DVD.  This was after trying with 5 different DVD in the package.

For the fun of it I tried to do a drag and drop with this drive using windows.  Windows was able to burn to the disk without any problems.

This makes me believe that the problem is not my burner but it is actually a problem with roxio 8.05.  Any suggestions?

So far I have reinstalled Roxio without curing the problem.

The error message I get is:

Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD-R/RW into the Optorite DVDRW (F:) drive Supported medis: CD-r, CD-RW, DVD-r, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

I have tried to do a DVD to DVD copy without success (same message) and have tried a .gi image of a DVD with the same problem.

Hopefully someone can help

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

Is it only with DVDs, Steven or is it with CDs as well?

Also, try maybe a different brand of media and see if that helps. I presume it did work begfore and stopped for some reason - the problem is now finding out what made it stop

73 de
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 kd8ov

kd8ov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:34 AM

I have only used the DVD copy a few times.  I created a DVD when I first got 8.0 without any problems.  I have not tried any other media since I don't have any other media to try...

I just don't understand why window can copy stuff to it but roxio can not.  

I don't have problems with recording CD's

Thanks...

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:02 AM

A thought that just struck me Steven - did you by any chance install Internet Explorer 7 and/or Media Player 11?

Both those cause severe problems with EMC8 - you would have to uninstall both and then maybe re-install or try to repair EMC8

btw I don't know if you're into contests, but, if you are and fancy a chance of winning a week expenses paid in Ireland, check here
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 rich86

rich86

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (kd8ov @ Aug 13 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having a problem where Roxio will not recognize that I have inserted a blank DVD.  I figured that I had a problem with my firmware and it would not recognize a 16X DVD.  This was after trying with 5 different DVD in the package.

For the fun of it I tried to do a drag and drop with this drive using windows.  Windows was able to burn to the disk without any problems.

This makes me believe that the problem is not my burner but it is actually a problem with roxio 8.05.  Any suggestions?

So far I have reinstalled Roxio without curing the problem.

The error message I get is:

Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD-R/RW into the Optorite DVDRW (F:) drive Supported medis: CD-r, CD-RW, DVD-r, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

I have tried to do a DVD to DVD copy without success (same message) and have tried a .gi image of a DVD with the same problem.

Hopefully someone can help

What is your source to be copied (ie. another disc, an image, video files of some sort, etc.) onto these blank media?
If you open up the Disc and Device Utility with this media in the dirve, what does it say - does it see the media ok and as blank?

Edited by rich86, 16 August 2007 - 10:33 AM.

Currently running Creator 2012 Pro under Windows 7 Pro/64 on a home-built AMD Phenom II Quad processor tower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users