kd8ov

Copy DVD keeps asking to insert blank disc

Question

I am having a problem where Roxio will not recognize that I have inserted a blank DVD. I figured that I had a problem with my firmware and it would not recognize a 16X DVD. This was after trying with 5 different DVD in the package.

For the fun of it I tried to do a drag and drop with this drive using windows. Windows was able to burn to the disk without any problems.

This makes me believe that the problem is not my burner but it is actually a problem with roxio 8.05. Any suggestions?

So far I have reinstalled Roxio without curing the problem.

The error message I get is:

Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD-R/RW into the Optorite DVDRW (F:) drive Supported medis: CD-r, CD-RW, DVD-r, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

I have tried to do a DVD to DVD copy without success (same message) and have tried a .gi image of a DVD with the same problem.

Hopefully someone can help

4 answers to this question

Is it only with DVDs, Steven or is it with CDs as well?

Also, try maybe a different brand of media and see if that helps. I presume it did work begfore and stopped for some reason - the problem is now finding out what made it stop

73 de

I have only used the DVD copy a few times. I created a DVD when I first got 8.0 without any problems. I have not tried any other media since I don't have any other media to try...

I just don't understand why window can copy stuff to it but roxio can not.

I don't have problems with recording CD's

Thanks...

A thought that just struck me Steven - did you by any chance install Internet Explorer 7 and/or Media Player 11?

Both those cause severe problems with EMC8 - you would have to uninstall both and then maybe re-install or try to repair EMC8

btw I don't know if you're into contests, but, if you are and fancy a chance of winning a week expenses paid in Ireland, check here

I am having a problem where Roxio will not recognize that I have inserted a blank DVD. I figured that I had a problem with my firmware and it would not recognize a 16X DVD. This was after trying with 5 different DVD in the package.

For the fun of it I tried to do a drag and drop with this drive using windows. Windows was able to burn to the disk without any problems.

This makes me believe that the problem is not my burner but it is actually a problem with roxio 8.05. Any suggestions?

So far I have reinstalled Roxio without curing the problem.

The error message I get is:

Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD-R/RW into the Optorite DVDRW (F:) drive Supported medis: CD-r, CD-RW, DVD-r, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

I have tried to do a DVD to DVD copy without success (same message) and have tried a .gi image of a DVD with the same problem.

Hopefully someone can help

What is your source to be copied (ie. another disc, an image, video files of some sort, etc.) onto these blank media?

If you open up the Disc and Device Utility with this media in the dirve, what does it say - does it see the media ok and as blank?

Edited by rich86