• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 darthnoir

darthnoir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:11 AM

My apologies if this has already been clearly answered before.  My searches in the forums yielded solutions that did not seem to work for me.

I'm running Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 under Vista.

I have a DVD ISO image that is 7.5 GB

When I've tried to burn this image to a DVD-R single layer disc, I get the following message:

Please insert a disc in this drive with at least this amouint of free space: 3,785,968blocks (841:19:43 MSF / 7.2GB).
(Possible disc types are: DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R Double Layer)

After search the forums, I noted several people stated you needed to copy to an ISO image to do the compression???

I attempted to do this.  However, under Disc Copier, if I select Destination "Disc Image" there is no option to compress down to 4.7 GB or 4.3 GB.  If I click Save As... it simply creates an identical sized ISO image file.

Is there some sort of hidden option to compress a 7.5 GB ISO down to a 4.7 GB DVD-R?

I used to run Roxio Disc Copier 7 under windows XP and it simply did the compression for me.  What am I missing?

Thank you for your time.

#2 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (darthnoir @ Sep 11 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My apologies if this has already been clearly answered before.  My searches in the forums yielded solutions that did not seem to work for me.

I'm running Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 under Vista.

I have a DVD ISO image that is 7.5 GB

When I've tried to burn this image to a DVD-R single layer disc, I get the following message:

Please insert a disc in this drive with at least this amouint of free space: 3,785,968blocks (841:19:43 MSF / 7.2GB).
(Possible disc types are: DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R Double Layer)

After search the forums, I noted several people stated you needed to copy to an ISO image to do the compression???

I attempted to do this.  However, under Disc Copier, if I select Destination "Disc Image" there is no option to compress down to 4.7 GB or 4.3 GB.  If I click Save As... it simply creates an identical sized ISO image file.

Is there some sort of hidden option to compress a 7.5 GB ISO down to a 4.7 GB DVD-R?

I used to run Roxio Disc Copier 7 under windows XP and it simply did the compression for me.  What am I missing?

Thank you for your time.

I just had this problem crop up again this week.  It is crabby but what I do is change the Disc Size from DVD-R/DVD+R as well as the write speed back and forth a few times until it actually stops asking for a new disc and accepts the one in the drive.  However, when finally accepted, it does work with the correct Disc Size.  I'm not sure why this works but it works for me in both XP and Vista.  Yes, it is very aggravating.
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#3 darthnoir

darthnoir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Beerman @ Sep 11 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just had this problem crop up again this week.  It is crabby but what I do is change the Disc Size from DVD-R/DVD+R as well as the write speed back and forth a few times until it actually stops asking for a new disc and accepts the one in the drive.  However, when finally accepted, it does work with the correct Disc Size.  I'm not sure why this works but it works for me in both XP and Vista.  Yes, it is very aggravating.

Where can you specify the Disc Size?

When the error pops up, the Roxio ejects the disc.

The only drop downs on the Disc Copier dialog that I see are:

Source

Destination

Write Speed

Under Tools | Options all I see is:

Reset "Do not show me again" warnings
Log File
Cache DIrectory
Encoding/Transcoding Priority
Output to Portable Device/Disk

Inserting the disc over and over again, and changing speeds still has yet to yield me any success.

#4 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (darthnoir @ Sep 11 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where can you specify the Disc Size?

When the error pops up, the Roxio ejects the disc.

The only drop downs on the Disc Copier dialog that I see are:

Source

Destination

Write Speed

Under Tools | Options all I see is:

Reset "Do not show me again" warnings
Log File
Cache DIrectory
Encoding/Transcoding Priority
Output to Portable Device/Disk

Inserting the disc over and over again, and changing speeds still has yet to yield me any success.

You may have to have a disc in the drive for the Disc Size to show up. I don't need to.
If you change the disc size and burn speed back and forth a few times, it should finally work.
Quite a workaround, huh?  sad.gif

Attached Images

• DC.jpg

Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users