• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alcarpenter

alcarpenter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:04 AM

I have uninstalled all previous EMC installations (5, 8, and 9 trial), in an attempt to get a clean EMC 10 Suite install.  During that install, I find that Roxio Update Manager 3.0.0 still shows in my Control Panel, and the 10 install will not continue until RUM is uninstalled.  Multiple attempts to uninstall it have been completely unsuccessful, using both the Remove option and the Change/Repair/Remove approach on the Control Panel.  These attempts appear to work as, after selecting "Remove", the Conrol Panel window reappears but, instead of the next program being highlighted, it is still Roxio Update Manager that is highlighted!  Continued hits on the "Remove" button repeat the process.  I need help!

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (alcarpenter @ Sep 11 2007, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have uninstalled all previous EMC installations (5, 8, and 9 trial), in an attempt to get a clean EMC 10 Suite install. During that install, I find that Roxio Update Manager 3.0.0 still shows in my Control Panel, and the 10 install will not continue until RUM is uninstalled. Multiple attempts to uninstall it have been completely unsuccessful, using both the Remove option and the Change/Repair/Remove approach on the Control Panel. These attempts appear to work as, after selecting "Remove", the Conrol Panel window reappears but, instead of the next program being highlighted, it is still Roxio Update Manager that is highlighted! Continued hits on the "Remove" button repeat the process. I need help!

Try rebooting to see if it is really still there.  XP or Vista.  You might also want to see if it will uninstall using Microsoft's Uninstaller Clean up utility.

If Update Manager is running, you will not be able to delete it.  Is it runnning in Windows Task Manager (if XP)
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 alcarpenter

alcarpenter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Sep 11 2007, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try rebooting to see if it is really still there.  XP or Vista.  You might also want to see if it will uninstall using Microsoft's Uninstaller Clean up utility.

If Update Manager is running, you will not be able to delete it.  Is it runnning in Windows Task Manager (if XP)

Great advice - that did it!  It was still there after multiple reboots, and NOT running in Task Mgr., but the MS Uninstaller Clean Up utility fixed the problem in a heartbeat.  Also, got the same info from Tech Support, within a few hours.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users