56 replies to this topic

#21 millas

millas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (PeterDamH @ Nov 12 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just loaded EMC 10 onto my Win Vista Business computer, and I have the HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One.  I too immediately started getting the HP CUE message.  I also noticed that I now have a new icon in the system tray, the ECM Media Manager.  I went into ECM 10, and turned OFF (unchecked) the "Media Manager starts monitoring at Startup" checkbox.  I then rebooted my computer, and no more HP CUE message.  I am convinced this is a Roxio problem, not an HP problem.  I don't know how important the Media Manager is to the overall functionality of ECM 10, but I intend to not use it.

Not being able to find this "checkbox" - and as my previous post reports - setting media manager file "watching" to stop does not do the job --- maybe PeterDamH has found a switch/checkbox somewhere to actually exclude the Media Manager application from the EMC set-up?

Any further thoughts?

Regards,
Stewart

#22 julianekg

julianekg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:37 AM

I've actually disabled anything Roxio from loading at startup so its something else in the Roxio program itself that is causing the problem.  Never had this problem with any other versions just this one.  So all I can say is that it is definitely a problem with the Roxio and not Hp.  Maybe both sides can get together and figure it out.  But sometimes I think that something like that happening is wishful thinking on my part.

#23 lennysden

lennysden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hi Everyone biggrin.gif

I have the same problem as you. I have a HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one mated to a Compaq presario computer running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. The issue with " HP Cue status is not working" is got to be a technical glitch between the Roxio EMC10 and HP / Compaq running gear. When I first got the Compaq computer it had installed on it Roxio Creator Basic v9 which runs beautiful. Although I still have this program on my computer I have the Roxio EMC10 uploaded on to the computer as well. Whether the problem lies between Vista running gear and Roxio EMC10 compatibility or HP running gear and Roxio EMC10 compatibility is another question. Does anyone know whether there is any issues with Roxio EMC10 with other manufacturers like HP / Compaq? If there is, Roxio should check again compatibility with Vista OS running gear. It could be that the " HP cue status is not working" is, as you would say, taking us down the wrong track. Could be a technical glitch within the Vista OS program! For which, needs a patch for Vista.
What does anyone thing?    unsure.gif

#24 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (lennysden @ Nov 28 2007, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone biggrin.gif

I have the same problem as you. I have a HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one mated to a Compaq presario computer running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. The issue with " HP Cue status is not working" is got to be a technical glitch between the Roxio EMC10 and HP / Compaq running gear. When I first got the Compaq computer it had installed on it Roxio Creator Basic v9 which runs beautiful. Although I still have this program on my computer I have the Roxio EMC10 uploaded on to the computer as well. Whether the problem lies between Vista running gear and Roxio EMC10 compatibility or HP running gear and Roxio EMC10 compatibility is another question. Does anyone know whether there is any issues with Roxio EMC10 with other manufacturers like HP / Compaq? If there is, Roxio should check again compatibility with Vista OS running gear. It could be that the " HP cue status is not working" is, as you would say, taking us down the wrong track. Could be a technical glitch within the Vista OS program! For which, needs a patch for Vista.
What does anyone thing?    unsure.gif

Did you install Hp's Vista drivers for that printer?

Edited by grandpabruce, 08 February 2008 - 06:58 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#25 Big_Dave

Big_Dave

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

I am running EMC 9.1 with Vista Home Premium with a HP C5180 and I have the HP Cue Status serviced disabled in MS Services.  The was a recommended fix provided by HP to keep the printer from being unexpectedly uninstalled.  There is a patch at HP that might fix your problem.  I can't say it will fix the issue for those who are using EMC 10.
VISTA Home Premium +SP2 32 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit sp1 and 64 bit sp1, XP Pro --->multiboot
Creator 2012 Pro + Creator 2011 Blu-ray plugin

DIY Asus P8P67, Intel i7-2600k 4.4 OC'd ghz, Corsair 8gb XMS3 DDR3 1600, NVIDIA 550 TI 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb SATA III, dual Hitachi 1.5TB SATA III
HP DV7-4100t Intel i3-M380 2.5 ghz, 4gb, Crucial C300 128 gb SSD
HP DV9700T Duo 2 T9300 2.5 ghz, 4gb, GF 8600m GS 512 mb, TS-L632N DVD/CD
HP e9280t i7-960 3.2 ghz, 12gb, GTX 460 1gb, HP BD-RE BH20L, Vertex 3 120GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium, Sony PS3

#26 serendipity

serendipity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

I also have the same problem with HP cue not working with my Office Jet 7410 since installing Creator 10. I have tried to fix it but the probelm still exists even after uninstalling Creator10. Also Vista Ultimate seems to be running a little slower. Any ideas how to fix this? I guess I am a little peeved at Roxio because the first time this happened they gave me a fix which didn't work and I then spent hours reinstalling Vista.

#27 laknox

laknox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (serendipity @ Dec 1 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have the same problem with HP cue not working with my Office Jet 7410 since installing Creator 10. I have tried to fix it but the probelm still exists even after uninstalling Creator10. Also Vista Ultimate seems to be running a little slower. Any ideas how to fix this? I guess I am a little peeved at Roxio because the first time this happened they gave me a fix which didn't work and I then spent hours reinstalling Vista.

I just started getting this error message and I'm running XP Pro SP2 on a 2 month old system I built.  I run trusty old CD Creator 5 Platinum and was =not= getting this message until about a week ago when I had to move my system.  I've got an HP 6310xi as well as an A310 PhotoPrinter.  I also can't get the HP software to update (failure to d/l), but that's another issue among several I'm having since having to move my system.

Lyle Knox
Chandler AZ

#28 JohnnieBoy

JohnnieBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (laknox @ Dec 22 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just started getting this error message and I'm running XP Pro SP2 on a 2 month old system I built.  I run trusty old CD Creator 5 Platinum and was =not= getting this message until about a week ago when I had to move my system.  I've got an HP 6310xi as well as an A310 PhotoPrinter.  I also can't get the HP software to update (failure to d/l), but that's another issue among several I'm having since having to move my system.

Lyle Knox
Chandler AZ

Hello all.

I experienced  the same set of issues but in addition I got the error messages that (i) Roxio Convert  stopped wroking and (ii) that the tuner in my Media Center stopped working. My new HP high-end PC, Vista Premium, my HP 6310 printer and Media Center all worked fine until I installed Roxion EMC 10 in late October. After  many trials & tribualtions, i had Future Shop remove Roxio and I bought the new version of Nero 8, Ultimate. Believe it or not, I still get the "HP CUE has stopped working" & Nero 8 also  knocked out the media tuner. So it seems to me to be some sort of incompataibily between the  HP printers and the new media creation software be it Roxio or Nero. So I am still in trouble, frustrated and do not know what to do anymore. Has anyone experienced the same full set of issues I have & if so, how did you solve them??

JohnnieNoy

#29 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:21 AM

Still no fix , humm.

I am also watching the HP updates and HP driver page for my 1311 series printer and still no patches there either.

Well it looks like we will have to wait for one of the Devs at HP/Roxio (of one of their family members....hopefully a spouse) to get the error on their own PC before anyone will look into it.

In the meantime I have re-enabled the Status monitor so every day I get the error I forward it to Microsoft , maybe they will get sick of seeing it and will kick someones butt into gear.

In the meantime , other than the very annoying error , both my HP printer all in one , Roxio MC 10 and Vista SP1 work flawlessly.

Its s shame this error has to screw up an otherwise perfectly running system and the people that caused don't give a rats backside even months after the fact.

PS: JIC anyone EVER decides to look into this problem please feel free to contact me for any error info , screenshots and/or testing , I am fairly proficient with my PC.

Happy New Year
ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ; Intel i7-4771 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2133mhz ; EVGA GTX780 ; SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD Raptor II/System installed with Windows 8.1 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor II Games ; 1TB WD/storage (partitioned) Programs / video ; Happuage WinTV HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

#30 Big_Dave

Big_Dave

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:06 AM

If you haven't tried HP Customer Care online then they could possibly have a suggested fix for your problem.  I would not be surprised if they ask you to uninstall all HP software and drivers and then reinstall the VISTA HP software download from the web.   HP does have a special uninstaller that will remove all HP entries.  I had this problem with HP and that is what I had to do along with disabling the HP Cue Device Discovery Service in listed in Services under the Administrative Tools.

I am running EMC 9.1, VISTA Home Premium and using the HP C5180.
VISTA Home Premium +SP2 32 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit sp1 and 64 bit sp1, XP Pro --->multiboot

DIY Asus P8P67, Intel i7-2600k 4.4 OC'd ghz, Corsair 8gb XMS3 DDR3 1600, NVIDIA 550 TI 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb SATA III, dual Hitachi 1.5TB SATA III

#31 Pat in ABQ

Pat in ABQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

The Uninstalling & Re-installing software suggestions by HP did not work for me. Here is what DID work for me: In Control Panel, go to Windows Defender and open.  Click Tools, then Software Explorer.  Make sure the Category is Windows Startup.  Find the HP Imaging program (there were 2 in mine) and highlight the one that ends in hpqtra08.exe, and in the lower right-hand corner click disable.  Restart your PC.
The HP CUE will now be gone.  So how do you now find the "Toolbox" for the printer (since the icon is now gone in the taskbar)?
To get to the Toolbox, in Control Panel click on Printers and then right click on the Printer Icon, then L click on Printing Preferences.  Click the Features tab, and at the bottom, click Printer Services.  This takes you into the Toolbox, where you can check the ink levels and clean the print heads.

#32 MysterC

MysterC

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yeah I tried the HP thing removing and reinstalling the software , and I am using the official software for Vista from the HP site , have been using it for months and months now with NO negative issues at all...except this one.

And I have disabled the HP startup proggie as well BUT THEN my buttons on my printer do not work , and I went through a time when that really didn't matter and that was cool.....but now it does , I need the scan and copy buttons and for now I use them often.

so I have:

1)Removed the fully working and no problem other than Roxio HP software and that did not work.

2)Stopped the HP Cue Device Discovery Service , which also has no problem on my system other than with Roxio EMC 10 , BUT then my buttons don't work on my printer.

3)Set my HP Cue Device Discovery Service to a delayed start up......negative workie.

4)Installed SP1 RC1 for Vista (which is awesome for a release candidate BTW) , problem still exists.

I think if only Roxy would just look into this it would be a very VERY small problem to hot-fix , if only......

Edited by MysterC, 03 January 2008 - 05:04 PM.

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ; Intel i7-4771 ; CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB 2133mhz ; EVGA GTX780 ; SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium ;450gig WD Raptor II/System installed with Windows 8.1 64bit Pro/600gig WD Raptor II Games ; 1TB WD/storage (partitioned) Programs / video ; Happuage WinTV HVR 2250 ; PC P&C 860Watt PSU (powerful single 12volt rail) ; CoolerMaster HAF 942 ; LG DVD Burner /LG Blu-Ray Player/Burner ; Thermaltake BlacXse USB hub/drive extender ; Thermaltake Max 4 3.5" SATA HDD Rack HotSwapabale AHCI activated ; LG W2363D 23" 3ms Full HD 120Hz 3D ; Nvidia 3D Vision Kit

#33 Uridium

Uridium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

I installed EMC 10 today and got the same error with my HP3210.  Stopping Media manager from starting at startup hasn't solved the problem.

#34 iNexxFear

iNexxFear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

I've added my findings to this post since it was the first one I seen the other day....

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=33899

Click Here

Doesn't seem resolveable at this point from either party... though it doesn't happen with other software only Roxio!

#35 iNexxFear

iNexxFear

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Additionally, I would urge other folks to start service issues with support...  Even if you get a response, I would vent your issues to them...

I have done such and they are "supposedly" forwarding my comments on to the correct areas... I suggested that they update their software as there are issues as clearly posted here...  I don't think that griping here will get the job done alone... granted john might check and lock out issues... But until customer service starts getting notice of it, I don't think anything will be done!

My final 2 cents on this issue...  Sorry for the continued rambling but just thought it was important enough to get across so that these issues are resolved!

#36 rhanlon617

rhanlon617

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:19 AM

Roxio needs to solve this problem.    Sure , stopping hpqtra08.exe from running stops this error, but why should I even need to do this.   This is Roxio's problem.  Not HP's.   Try telling HP that their software works great with all other software except Roxio and watch what they say.

For me. eliminating the Roxio tray watch program(RoxWatchTray10.exe) from running via msconfig did not fix the problem and I could not find any way in the software to turm it off.    I have an All in One printer connected via LAN and I can still use the HP Solution Center Software for use with the printer to remotly monitor the Ink levels by selecting network settings.   All this, howver, are just workarounds that do not truly solve the problem.  Roxio needs to get their act together and work with HP to solve tis problem!

#37 CLS

CLS

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

I believe there is now a fix for the CUE issue. I had the same problem with an HP 5180. I recently downloaded the latest version of HP solution center digital imaging software version 90.000.060.000 and the problem seems to be corrected. No more CUE status stopped working and without having to disable anything everything seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps
AMD Athalon Dual Core 5200+ 2.6GH
ASUS 8M2N-LA
4GB RAM
400GB HD
TSST DVDRW
Nvidia 6150LE
Audigy 2 Platinum
Vista Ultimate SP2
Creator 2012 Pro

#38 Big_Dave

Big_Dave

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

CLS

I didn't see that version of software available under the HP C5180 software downloads.  Where did you find it?

#39 CLS

CLS

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (CLS @ Feb 8 2008, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe there is now a fix for the CUE issue. I had the same problem with an HP 5180. I recently downloaded the latest version of HP solution center digital imaging software version 90.000.060.000 and the problem seems to be corrected. No more CUE status stopped working and without having to disable anything everything seems to be working fine.

Hope this helps

I cannot find it again either. I've searched the site and used the site search and no luck. It's been driving me crazy since I realized that it solved the problem.

SORRY .......... but I'm going to keep looking because I know it's there somewhere.
AMD Athalon Dual Core 5200+ 2.6GH
ASUS 8M2N-LA
4GB RAM
400GB HD
TSST DVDRW
Nvidia 6150LE
Audigy 2 Platinum
Vista Ultimate SP2
Creator 2012 Pro

#40 Big_Dave

Big_Dave

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

Perhaps you found the update under the HP C5280 software updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users