12 replies to this topic

#1 afalty

afalty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hi,

Yesterday I installed the #10 software.  Now I want to learn how to use it.  I have just spent the last two hours online trying to find the tutorials to do so as the book suggested.

Would someone please reply with the correct path to the tutorial section?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

regards,

al

#2 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:33 AM

You can find tutorials in the Tips and Tricks section of Easy Media Creator 9. They are still applicable for programs common to version 9 and 10 such as Videowave and MyDVD.

If you go to the EMC10 page of the Roxio website (roxio.com), it has two tutorials at this time on creating slideshow and the use of CineMagic.

Edited by malatekid, 28 September 2007 - 05:37 AM.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#3 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

There is also the manual

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27675
Dell XPS630i. Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI. CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz. RAM: 3 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM). Hard drives: 2x WD25 00AAJS-75VWA 250GB SATA. Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB. Audio: Audigy 2 (Dell OEM). DVD RW drives: Liteon iHAS234, HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N. All drivers and firmware up to date.
XP Pro SP3 , IE 8, WMP 11, all updates. Creator 2011 Pro.

#4 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:07 AM

I'd be interested in writing some 'getting started' tutorials. A relative is going to start a website soon (probably by the end of the year) and asked me to write some content for it.  Easy Media Creator beginner tutorials would fit in well (it's a family oriented project). There is so much information in the forums; I could compile and organize a lot of it into easily navigable, step-by-step how-to's -- from a user's perspective. Of course, that's as long as I can link visitors back to these forums for the advanced creative and technical expertise of the gurus smile.gif  

Any thoughts?

karri

eta: I have V9, but I imagine it's not so different from 10?

Edited by karri, 08 October 2007 - 06:08 AM.

Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials
Beginner Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite
Roxio Creator Getting Started Guide
Roxio Creator User Guide

#5 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

Very enterprising of you and I'm sure many would benefit greatly. Have you looked at some of the how to videos that sknis has made?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=15528

Another set of good animated tutorials, not for EMC, but for Paintshop pro might give you some ideas (these require Quicktime):

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...14693&lc=en
Dell XPS630i. Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 650i SLI. CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz. RAM: 3 GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM). Hard drives: 2x WD25 00AAJS-75VWA 250GB SATA. Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB. Audio: Audigy 2 (Dell OEM). DVD RW drives: Liteon iHAS234, HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N. All drivers and firmware up to date.

#6 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (jeanrosenfeld @ Oct 8 2007, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very enterprising of you and I'm sure many would benefit greatly. Have you looked at some of the how to videos that sknis has made?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=15528

Yes, thanks to sknis' video tutorials this is how I got up to speed so quickly smile.gif My tutorials would start out very basic, as I am no where near the level of expertise of sknis and the other gurus. I can also compile and reorganize some of the already great information here on the boards into a more linear format. First, do this, then that, etc.

Another set of good animated tutorials, not for EMC, but for Paintshop pro might give you some ideas (these require Quicktime):

I will check these out, thanks!
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Roxio Creator User Guide

#7 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:45 AM

I went through some of the tutorials in that link -- thanks so much! This will be a great resource. I had thought about presenting the tutorials in html format, but I have a copy of BB Flashback somewhere. I can dig it out and give that a try. I only used it once previously, a while back. I didn't know about reducing file sizes then, and a lot of peopel were still on dial up, so my effort got very little viewing. I think it can output to Flash, though, which most people should be able to view, no? I am not familiar with using Quicktime, (I just have the player) but I would want to use whatever format would be accessible to most viewers.

Thanks again! smile.gif
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Roxio Creator User Guide

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (karri @ Oct 9 2007, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went through some of the tutorials in that link -- thanks so much! This will be a great resource. I had thought about presenting the tutorials in html format, but I have a copy of BB Flashback somewhere. I can dig it out and give that a try. I only used it once previously, a while back. I didn't know about reducing file sizes then, and a lot of peopel were still on dial up, so my effort got very little viewing. I think it can output to Flash, though, which most people should be able to view, no? I am not familiar with using Quicktime, (I just have the player) but I would want to use whatever format would be accessible to most viewers.

Thanks again! smile.gif

IMHO, low or medium quality WMV. Quick to download and very viewable in smaller screens but not as good full screen mode.

If you looked at mine, you'll notice that they are all less than 2 minutes long. It took a lot of thought, pre-setup and editing to get the balance between download time and making sure that the important information was included.

I used Snag-It to do the screen capture -- some at 15 frames per second and some at 30 fps captured as AVI. I edited the AVI files in VideoWave to add the text. I could have added narration but like many people I don't like my speaking voice.

Quicktime wouldn't compress the files enough nor would any of the Quicktime type file compression codecs.

Edited by sknis, 09 October 2007 - 05:20 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

I didn't mean to suggest that you should use Quicktime format. I linked to those PSP tutorials only for you to see the design of the tutorials.

#10 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Oct 9 2007, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMHO, low or medium quality WMV. Quick to download and very viewable in smaller screens but not as good full screen mode.

If you looked at mine, you'll notice that they are all less than 2 minutes long. It took a lot of thought, pre-setup and editing to get the balance between download time and making sure that the important information was included.

I used Snag-It to do the screen capture -- some at 15 frames per second and some at 30 fps captured as AVI. I edited the AVI files in VideoWave to add the text. I could have added narration but like many people I don't like my speaking voice.

Quicktime wouldn't compress the files enough nor would any of the Quicktime type file compression codecs.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions sknis. It sounds like I have my work cut out for me and have some research to do. I will download the trial version of SnagIt and give it a try. Two minutes will be tough, but I understand your point, so I will give it a go. Maybe if I try adding voice, it might squeeze a little more information into a shorter amount of time. I will try to produce a sample in both wmv and swf for comparison.

Thanks again for all the help!
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Roxio Creator User Guide

#11 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (jeanrosenfeld @ Oct 9 2007, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mean to suggest that you should use Quicktime format. I linked to those PSP tutorials only for you to see the design of the tutorials.

Oh yes of course, I am sorry I was unclear. Those tutorials are a perfect reference, and I so appreciate you posting the link. I understood that was your intention; having those tutorials as a design reference will be a huge asset for me and I really appreciate your help! I have a little confusion about file formats and thats why I added the question about the Quicktime movie, just in case I was headed in the wrong direction with Flash or Windows Media formats. Again, thanks so much!
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Roxio Creator User Guide

#12 Tom2

Tom2

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:21 AM

I have been trying to access the tutorials.  I get to the link page listing the tutorials, but only get a blank screen when selecting any of them.  I have WMP11.
Tom

ASUS P5P80
   CPU - Intel P4 2.80GHz
   2GB RAM
XP Home SP2
Drives
   WD 2500JB  C:\
    Maxtor 6B160PO  D:\ & E:\
Video Card -- Radeon 9250 driver 6.14.10.6238
Monitor -- BenQ FP951
Optical Drives
    Sony DVD-RW DRU-500A 2.1a
    TSST DVD-ROM SD-M1912

#13 jeanrosenfeld

jeanrosenfeld

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Tom2 @ Oct 19 2007, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been trying to access the tutorials. I get to the link page listing the tutorials, but only get a blank screen when selecting any of them. I have WMP11.

If you mean the link to the Corel Paintshop pro tutorials that I posted (as examples of nice tutorials, not tutorials for Roxio EMC 10), they are Quicktime movies and will not play in WMP.

As for the blank page, that is possibly because you have to have Paintshop pro XI installed, not sure (I have now got version X2 installed, just checked: I now also get the blank popup page).

However, if you have Quicktime player try this work around:

Open Quicktime player, file menu, Open URL; copy the URL at the top of the blank screen into the Quicktime box.

For example, for the first one, the URL is

CODE
http://www.corel.com/akdlm/6763/downloads/PaintShopPro/XI/lynda/01_01_interface_100k.mov

Once you've got that URL, you only need to change the last part for one of the other movies.

Click OK. It will connect and play. If you want to keep the movie, after it has all downloaded, you should find it in your Temporary Internet files folder as a .mov file with the name as at the end of the URL (sort by size to find it quickly), right click, copy, and paste into any convenient folder. You can then replay off line whenever you want.

Edited by jeanrosenfeld, 19 October 2007 - 06:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users