107 replies to this topic

#61 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

Maybe it will work with the Intel integrated chipsets - just a pity THEY don't work for video rendering wink.gif
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#62 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 15 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe it will work with the Intel integrated chipsets - just a pity THEY don't work for video rendering wink.gif

Daithi,
as I pointed out in another post, I have the integrated Intel 82845G  chipset on my system and it works just fine (except for the 3D functions and requires software rendering) I think you should stop making the blank statement that the Intel Integrated chipsets don't work. Some work and some don't!

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#63 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

I think you may be one of the lucky few Walt - in general integrated chipsets are a no-no for any video work (I won't argue that some may work, but a lot just don't)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#64 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

Like Walt, I also have integrated Intel chipset (82915G in my case) in my old PC and it works fine. I have done all my video projects successfully todate with it. smile.gif

Edited by malatekid, 15 October 2007 - 01:09 PM.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#65 Rhino-Skin

Rhino-Skin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

I guess I am lucky. Two systems running 10 all modules installed all systems go. See specs below.

#66 Tom2

Tom2

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 1 2007, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to start, run and type in 'msconfig' - in that, uncheck the tick box for RoxWatch# and any other apps you don't want to run at boot (where # is the version number). Reboot and tell the nag screen that you intended disabling a startup service

How many of the Roxio items can I uncheck in msconfig?
Tom

ASUS P5P80
   CPU - Intel P4 2.80GHz
   2GB RAM
XP Home SP2
Drives
   WD 2500JB  C:\
    Maxtor 6B160PO  D:\ & E:\
Video Card -- Radeon 9250 driver 6.14.10.6238
Monitor -- BenQ FP951
Optical Drives
    Sony DVD-RW DRU-500A 2.1a
    TSST DVD-ROM SD-M1912

#67 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

As many as youi want - all it does is stop them from loading up at boot - they can still be called manually

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#68 Tom2

Tom2

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 17 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As many as youi want - all it does is stop them from loading up at boot - they can still be called manually

Are any required for the others to work?
Walt had previously stated it happened when he disabled the RoxMediaDB service.  What is that?  I had gone into msconfig and disabled all of the Roxio's.  Will try enabling and see if it helps.

I get the problem with VideoWave after trying to open a saved project.  The program opens ok.

Booted the computer, opened VW10 from Programs and got the same Run Time error and immediate shutdown.
Checked RoxMediaDB in msconfig and the program came up and runs.  Still have problems with it hanging up.  Have learned to save frequently.  I think I was able to save even when the screen was locked.

Edited by Tom2, 17 October 2007 - 05:19 PM.

Tom

ASUS P5P80
   CPU - Intel P4 2.80GHz
   2GB RAM
XP Home SP2
Drives
   WD 2500JB  C:\
    Maxtor 6B160PO  D:\ & E:\
Video Card -- Radeon 9250 driver 6.14.10.6238
Monitor -- BenQ FP951
Optical Drives
    Sony DVD-RW DRU-500A 2.1a
    TSST DVD-ROM SD-M1912

#69 Thunder12

Thunder12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (John at Roxio @ Sep 28 2007, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone still getting the error in the title.  Can you include details on what modules the error is occurring in?  Right now I have seen posts that it happens in the following modules:

RoxWatchTray10.exe
MediaManager10.exe
VideoWave 10.exe

Also, if you were able to resolve the issue can you list your solution along with the module that the error occurred in.  That would really help us out.

it appears to be almost all modules.  the latest was roxwatch10.exe.  I have also seen the errors with wizards, and a regular pop up of interactive issues.  i have tried reinstalling with no better luck.

#70 SJSAvalanche

SJSAvalanche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:07 AM

For anyone still getting the error in the title.  Can you include details on what modules the error is occurring in?  Right now I have seen posts that it happens in the following modules:

RoxWatchTray10.exe
MediaManager10.exe
VideoWave 10.exe

Also, if you were able to resolve the issue can you list your solution along with the module that the error occurred in.  That would really help us out.

I am having the runtime errors which starts with the RoxWatchTray and all else fails thereafter. I am running Win x64 Ultimate. I have reinstalled and installed with Win Cleanup tool, disabled all startup items, disabled all non-windows services, including defender, and MS Firewall, Anti-Virus.

I contacted TS and they took me on an adventure of software reinstalling. I just chatted with a tech today and they said  "I have seen this error occur with ATI's Catalyst Control Center (CCC) installed. In the Avivo Video section, there is a setting under "All Settings" to use Windows Media Video Acceleration. Simply disabling that setting in CCC allows the program to run perfectly."

reading these posts do not convince me that this will fix it and that a customer (I think the name was Lazer)found this issue, but was unrelated to the Runtime Errors.

Please offer help besides uninstall/reinstall.... it does not fix anything.

Another recommendation is to inform your download users that they should follow an install document of some sort.

I have about 30 hours into trying to fix this problem and I am starting to run out of paitence. Please HELP!

#71 susan_6

susan_6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (SJSAvalanche @ Oct 22 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having the runtime errors which starts with the RoxWatchTray and all else fails thereafter. I am running Win x64 Ultimate. I have reinstalled and installed with Win Cleanup tool, disabled all startup items, disabled all non-windows services, including defender, and MS Firewall, Anti-Virus.

I contacted TS and they took me on an adventure of software reinstalling. I just chatted with a tech today and they said  "I have seen this error occur with ATI's Catalyst Control Center (CCC) installed. In the Avivo Video section, there is a setting under "All Settings" to use Windows Media Video Acceleration. Simply disabling that setting in CCC allows the program to run perfectly."

reading these posts do not convince me that this will fix it and that a customer (I think the name was Lazer)found this issue, but was unrelated to the Runtime Errors.

Please offer help besides uninstall/reinstall.... it does not fix anything.

Another recommendation is to inform your download users that they should follow an install document of some sort.

I have about 30 hours into trying to fix this problem and I am starting to run out of paitence. Please HELP!

I have been getting the runtime error in every module I have tried to open. I have also done two clean installs and one module might work once and then I start to get the runtime error again. Right now I don't even try to use EMC 10 until they can come up with a solution. It is too frustrating.

susan_6 sad.gif

#72 Joe1945

Joe1945

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

RoxWatchTray10.exe
MediaManager10.exe
VideoWave 10.exe

Have had similar problems trying to install EMC 10 with my new vista computer. When trying to open Plug&Burn and MyDVD Express, I get the R6025 runtime error (roxwizardlauncher10.exe) for both programs.

When trying to open VideoWave and MyDVD, I get the message that they have stopped working (APCRASH).  The fault module name the I get is d3dx9_33.dll

I can open up all other programs but have not used any of them yet ... so whether they work is still in question ... but a least they open up.  My new vista pc is an HP media model.

Hope this helps.

#73 konabrad

konabrad

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

RoxWatchTray10.exe
MediaManager10.exe
VideoWave 10.exe

I recently installed v10 on a new home-brew editing computer. I initially received the "Run Time" error R6025 but resolved it by following the posts on this topic and disabling the accelerator function in CCC of my ATI 1950 video card. Life was good as I produced some trial DVD's (I'm dabbeling in Hi Def). However, during play back of the finished DVD's, the scenes were "jumpy" and had some diagonal tearing. While looking for an answer, I downloaded and updated the latest driver for my ATI card. Now I can not open MYDVD without getting the Runtime Error R6025, and the program closes. Videowave still functions.
Maybe there is a clue as to the problem somewhere in here. However, I don't know what it is. I don't know if I should try reinstalling the old ATI driver and digging the hole deeper.
Brad
KONABRAD

Home Brew Computer:
Intel MOB D975XBX2KR
Intel Core2 Duo-Quad Core 2.4GHz
4GB DDR2 Ram 800MHz
Dual SATA Hard Drives 300GB & 1TB
Dual Monitors 21" Pri / 19" Sec
ATI Radeon X1950 PCIe Vid Card 512MB
Win XP Pro SP3

Cameras:
Sony HVR-A1U for Videos (Hi Def)
Sony DSC-H50 for Photos

#74 Sam C

Sam C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

I get the same problem when loading VideoWave. It loads but any action I take with an active file, I get the run time error as described. I have a new ATI video card but it worked perfectly for the last three days of heavy usage. I'm on XPSP2

I should have added that I spent the last two weeks with a different problem giving an error message number which no one in support has been able to give me the meaning of the error message. I am getting very tired of Creator 10. I have a project to complete which I haven't been able to do for two weeks.

#75 SJSAvalanche

SJSAvalanche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

RoxWatchTray10.exe
MediaManager10.exe
VideoWave 10.exe

Hey John.... the posts are growing with people who are having the runtime error problems.

Can we get an update on this problem? Guidance? Is there going to be an update to this application?

I said to myself before I bought this product, it was strange there was not trial for EMC10... I will never again buy any software that I cannot try it before I buy it.

Coming up on one week of hell trying to get this product to work. I am know at the mercy of "level 2 support" BUYER BEWARE!

I was chatting with an on-line Roxio tech and they told me to disable Windows Media Acceleration in my ATI control center.... guess what... that is only there for x1000 cards. I have an x800

Just looking for some help!

#76 susan_6

susan_6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

angry.gif I haven't cheked in a day or two, but has the problem with EMC 10 been fixed yet? I am getting tired of trying everything they say do and nothing works!! sad.gif

#77 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (susan_6 @ Oct 25 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
angry.gif I haven't cheked in a day or two, but has the problem with EMC 10 been fixed yet? I am getting tired of trying everything they say do and nothing works!! sad.gif

Exactly what did "Roxio" tell you to do???

I am asking because there is nothing in this entire thread from Roxio telling anyone to do anything???
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#78 LeAnn K

LeAnn K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:53 AM

I too am fed up with this.  I purchased the EMC 9 after my trial expired then upgraded to EMC 10 via email and have not been able to do anything except remove them.

Is it possible to get a refund?  Has anyone tried???????

#79 susan_6

susan_6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:46 PM

I have been in contact with support. They have had me run the Windows Cleanup Utility, reinstall EMC10 (done that three times), they sent me a file to download and they said it would take care of the problem, didn't. The file was a zip with Contents in it.

As for getting a refund, I would ask. All they can say is no. I don't mean to be flip about it, but I also had EMC 9 and then upgraded. I guess I expect someone to figure it out!

#80 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Oct 26 2007, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly what did "Roxio" tell you to do???

I am asking because there is nothing in this entire thread from Roxio telling anyone to do anything???

QUOTE (susan_6 @ Oct 26 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been in contact with support. They have had me run the Windows Cleanup Utility, reinstall EMC10 (done that three times), they sent me a file to download and they said it would take care of the problem, didn't. The file was a zip with Contents in it.

As for getting a refund, I would ask. All they can say is no. I don't mean to be flip about it, but I also had EMC 9 and then upgraded. I guess I expect someone to figure it out!

Thank you for the explanation Susan you answered my question and then some!

However you do not seem to realize that in order to fix something you have to possess some staying power

Support is working with you and if you bail out now all you have done is wasted their time as well as everyone else's as a 'fix' was never found…

You assumed that the Content disc was a mistake. How do you know they were not trying to test something that was included in the Content disc?
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users