Roxio Community

Skin image "MenuSeparator.png" found but cannot be loaded...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DigitALL

DigitALL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Installed Roxio10 on my new installed Vista x86.
Prior to Roxio, I have installed my Office copy, Sony Vegas, some Adobe programs, and Corel PSP 11.

The installation was fine, it took about 10 minutes, it asked me to reboot and after everything loading up, I get the message <<Skin image "MenuSeparator.png" found but cannot be loaded...>> I didn't even run Roxio yet... I have rebooted few times but still the same problem.
After I press OK, I get:
-----------------------------
.../RoxWatchTray10.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's supportteam for more information
Go figure...

I have installed Roxio from the DVD, the UAC, Antivirus, Firewall were all dissabled.

I have read that Roxio has lots of issues with installation but I guessed that it was for people that trying to do different changes or customisation but it seems that I was wrong.  mad.gif

My question is: How is possible to advertise that Roxio is 100% compatible with Vista and Roxio people have tons of complaints about installation??? Isn't this called false advertising?  blink.gif

Anyway, if anybody know anything that I could do, please share your experience.  smile.gif

Edited by DigitALL, 03 October 2007 - 05:30 PM.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,335 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (DigitALL @ Oct 3 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Installed Roxio10 on my new installed Vista x86.
Prior to Roxio, I have installed my Office copy, Sony Vegas, some Adobe programs, and Corel PSP 11.

The installation was fine, it took about 10 minutes, it asked me to reboot and after everything loading up, I get the message <<Skin image "MenuSeparator.png" found but cannot be loaded...>> I didn't even run Roxio yet... I have rebooted few times but still the same problem.
After I press OK, I get:
.../RoxWatchTray10.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's supportteam for more information
Go figure...

I have installed Roxio from the DVD, the UAC, Antivirus, Firewall were all dissabled.

I have read that Roxio has lots of issues with installation but I guessed that it was for people that trying to do different changes or customisation but it seems that I was wrong.  mad.gif

My question is: How is possible to advertise that Roxio is 100% compatible with Vista and Roxio people have tons of complaints about installation??? Isn't this called false advertising?  blink.gif

Anyway, if anybody know anything that I could do, please share your experience.  smile.gif

Try shutting off all unecessary processes running, before you install.

You aren't going to normally see a lot of people, who are not having problems, dropping into the forums.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  At least Roxio has forums.  Their main competition doesn't.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 DigitALL

DigitALL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

So far it passed more than NINE hours since I am trying to run Roxio. If this program works indeed, by far it is not to be installed by regular users. And this is funny because it is not even targeted for professionals.
Your reply was not relevant. In my previous message I wrote "...the UAC, Antivirus, Firewall were all disabled. " I had no other programs running, not even Adobe reader.
When I run Roxio icon, every time I get the same message that windows is configuring and then installing and then again configuring Roxio products, over and over. It takes about 5-7 minutes. Then finally the Roxio starts...
The audio related programs seems to work fine but when I try to run anything in tools I get only errors. And most important, the same as any video related program:  would not work, only errors. If you somehow are not familiar with the specific errors (I doubt) I can reply back and provide them in detail.
I have spent already too many hours. I have installed different OS and much more complex than this Roxio and never had so many headaches. I remember when I used Roxio version 4 and then 7. All worked fine but they were audio oriented only. Don't you guys think that you  jumped a little too far, plunging right into video editing and HDTV? Nothing wrong with the progress and development but it seems to me that you tested your work on one PC with whatever configuration and now you are advertising that Roxio is compatible with XP and Vista???
I will not uninstall it, I want solid advice and directions how to fix it. I see that in this forum there are lots of gurus and that means I could get the proper directions. From my end, when I installed this program, the PC was more than optimal condition, with all programs shut and nothing running.
Please note that if I have no choice, but to get rid of it, I will spend other few hours to remove it and clean the registry but I will promise you that for the following weeks, every day I will spend about two hours to post in as many places I could about your software problems, especially where the reviews are required. From my end, I find this unacceptable to release such product and even if I will take my money back, I am sure that through my feedback I will help many, many others.

----------------
The relevant info is here:
I run a PC with Asus P5B motherboard and Duo Core at 3.6GHz and 3Gb Ram (4Gb installed).
The video card is Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTS
The OS is Vista Home Premium and updated to the latest.
This configuration is one of the top (relative) but very common, so I have no awkward PC.
----------------

#4 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:21 AM

Why don't you use your phone and call Tech Support???

They can help you complete the install and if you have encountered something unexpected, they would want to know about it…
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#5 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,335 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (DigitALL @ Oct 3 2007, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[snip]

I remember when I used Roxio version 4 and then 7. All worked fine but they were audio oriented only. Don't you guys think that you  jumped a little too far, plunging right into video editing and HDTV? Nothing wrong with the progress and development but it seems to me that you tested your work on one PC with whatever configuration and now you are advertising that Roxio is compatible with XP and Vista???

I didn't jump anything or advertise anything, since I don't work for Roxio, and FYI, EMC 7 was great for doing video work, not just audio.

I do hope that you get your problem resolved.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#6 DigitALL

DigitALL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Oct 4 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you use your phone and call Tech Support???

They can help you complete the install and if you have encountered something unexpected, they would want to know about it…

Sure, I could call them and perhaps spend long time to get nowhere. As far as I know, Roxio does not have a ticketing system to fix problems (correct me if I am wrong) so the forum should provide this backup / support, isn't it?

I thought that in this forum there are people working for Roxio that are intimate with the program that can provide real help. Instruction in writing are more clear that over the phone and I bet that over the phone, the support will start with questions similar like: Did you turned your computer on?" and so on. Generally speaking, we all know how a telephone customer support is like...

#7 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (DigitALL @ Oct 4 2007, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure, I could call them and perhaps spend long time to get nowhere. As far as I know, Roxio does not have a ticketing system to fix problems (correct me if I am wrong) so the forum should provide this backup / support, isn't it?

I thought that in this forum there are people working for Roxio that are intimate with the program that can provide real help. Instruction in writing are more clear that over the phone and I bet that over the phone, the support will start with questions similar like: Did you turned your computer on?" and so on. Generally speaking, we all know how a telephone customer support is like...

You are wrong…

This is a peer-to-peer forum and you are lucky to even see it since Sonic took over.

There is both email support and chat (as available) follow the support link above, right.

But I would go for a phone rather than wallow around for days with this slow web stuff.

It might serve you better if you leave your 'chip' at the door… You seem to have all of the answers even before anything is asked or suggested.

Edited by james_hardin, 04 October 2007 - 07:15 AM.

Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users