• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

A friend made a DVD video using Roxio Media Creator 9 and mailed me the disk. It plays fine on a standalone DVD player, but I can't play it or open it on a PC. In other words, it shows up as a blank, unformatted disk. No VIDEO_TS folder present. Nothing. Personally, I use other software (Nero, Pinnacle), so this doesn't make much sense that you can create a DVD that plays on standalone decks but is invisible to a PC. Nero and Pinnacle both create DVD videos that are PC readable/playable.

The only thing that I can think is Roxio employs some kind of finalize (make compatible) scheme. I asked my friend to see if there was a finalize command -- or something related to "make compatible" (which I have read about in the Roxio knowledge base.) But unfortunately she is a bit technologically challenged and cannot determine how else to make a disk or change a disk.

So, my questions:

1) Does Roxio make disks in stages, requiring a finalize step if you want to open DVDs on a PC (vs. a standalone deck)? Side question: what is the purpose of this? Add more data later?
2) If the above answer is YES, then can I take a disk that has not been "finalized" and finalize it? In other words, if I have the Roxio 9 software on MY computer, could I take this disk and make it play/read on a PC. What do I need to do?
3) If a disk already created can't be finalized after the fact, what does my friend need to do to produce a disk that can be read/played on a PC?

Thanks.

P.S. There is a lot of discussion on this forum about bad media. I don't think this is the case and IME the problem is not the media or brand, but a bad burn caused by a "hiccup" in the computer/burner during the burn phase. Bad physical media (I have burned thousands of disks using all brands, plus or minus) is very, very rare.

Edited by pestoking, 06 October 2007 - 09:53 AM.

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

Bad physical media is a lot more common than you think actually, but that's neither here nor there

Interesting problem - usually it's the other way round (plays on PC but not on standalone and that is more often than not down to the media)

The way it works in making a DVD is a two stage process - first of all, it renders an avi or whatevr to the vob format for the players, then makes a temporary .iso file which is then burnt to the DVD. You can split the job manually by choosing to output MyDVD to tyhe hard drive and then just double click on the iso to have it burnt (that way you can make multiple copies without having to render each time)

Now why it won't play back in the PC is a different matter. Does the DVD play in WMP or anything else? It's possible you don't have the correct codecs installed (I'm guessing here). Try to download and install gspot and see if that will identify anything that is missing

Let us know what happens after that
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 mikiem

mikiem

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:59 AM

I'm going to make a wild guess... If nothing else maybe it'll give someone an idea or 2.

The only time I've had problems reading a DVD of any sort with a PC it's turned out to be one of two things: either the disc was junk or incompatible, or the disc format was unsupported on the PC. There is a disc format supported by *some* DVD players and not by all PCs, and many come across it with DVDs from a DVD Recorder -- I *think* it might be UDF?

My Panasonic DVDR for example burns this type of disc when the blank is a DVD - RW, and it's unreadable on many PCs, including my primary machine until or unless I install Drag to Disc. While I've never tried creating or recording a DVD -VR using EMC9, I imagine it's possible that it uses the same format. If that's how the DVD was made, or using Drag to Disc, then maybe that's the problem and the solution would be to install support for that type of disc. There are alternatives to using Roxio software for this support, I *think* including Nero's version of Drag to Disc but I could be wrong.

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,034 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

Video CDs made using either Drag to Disc or InCD won't play on a standalone (the format is wrong)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

As I noted, the PC thinks the disk is blank. It's not a codec issue, not an issue with WMP player. Heck, the DivX player says the same thing. There are no file to be seen in a PC environment.

I am familiar with the 2 stage creation process, Nero and Pinnacle can do the same thing. But once you go from render to burn, or render to ISO to burn, the resulting disk is a standard DVD.

How this apparently empty disk can play in a DVD standalone remains a mystery. It has to be in a format that can be read by a standalone -- a format to which I am not familiar.

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 6 2007, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad physical media is a lot more common than you think actually, but that's neither here nor there

Interesting problem - usually it's the other way round (plays on PC but not on standalone and that is more often than not down to the media)

The way it works in making a DVD is a two stage process - first of all, it renders an avi or whatevr to the vob format for the players, then makes a temporary .iso file which is then burnt to the DVD. You can split the job manually by choosing to output MyDVD to tyhe hard drive and then just double click on the iso to have it burnt (that way you can make multiple copies without having to render each time)

Now why it won't play back in the PC is a different matter. Does the DVD play in WMP or anything else? It's possible you don't have the correct codecs installed (I'm guessing here). Try to download and install gspot and see if that will identify anything that is missing

Let us know what happens after that

I am guessing my friend used a drag and drop method creating a DVD on the fly.

QUOTE (mikiem @ Oct 6 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to make a wild guess... If nothing else maybe it'll give someone an idea or 2.

The only time I've had problems reading a DVD of any sort with a PC it's turned out to be one of two things: either the disc was junk or incompatible, or the disc format was unsupported on the PC. There is a disc format supported by *some* DVD players and not by all PCs, and many come across it with DVDs from a DVD Recorder -- I *think* it might be UDF?

My Panasonic DVDR for example burns this type of disc when the blank is a DVD - RW, and it's unreadable on many PCs, including my primary machine until or unless I install Drag to Disc. While I've never tried creating or recording a DVD -VR using EMC9, I imagine it's possible that it uses the same format. If that's how the DVD was made, or using Drag to Disc, then maybe that's the problem and the solution would be to install support for that type of disc. There are alternatives to using Roxio software for this support, I *think* including Nero's version of Drag to Disc but I could be wrong.

I am headed in this direction. I will ask if this is what she did.

In the meantime, is there any command in Roxio to finalize such a Drag to Disc created DVD? Or does she have to re-burn the project?

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Oct 6 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Video CDs made using either Drag to Disc or InCD won't play on a standalone (the format is wrong)

#6 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

All DVD Movies, all no exception, are written using UDF!!!

All XP/Vista OS's can read UDF.

All XP/Vista have a packet reader built in and can read any pw disc.

All DVD Movies are finalized, no choice.

I may have missed it, but tell us the type of media we are dealing with here and the make and model of your drive.

Also your OS.

Run Nero's Info Tool on the disc and see what it reports.

Edited by james_hardin, 07 October 2007 - 02:52 AM.

Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#7 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

We're on the same page. I have many ways to look at a disk, including Nero. Nero says this disk is blank. I cannot tell if the media is write-once or re-writable (she put a label on the disk and I don't want to remove it if I don't have to). If the media were re-writable, would this make a difference?

Nero reports....there is no disk in drive. Have tried it on two desktops with NEC dual-layer burners, also tried it on a notebook with a different brand (QSI) DVD player. It too says their ain't no disk and the notebook won't play it using the PowerDVD app that's on it (which says their ain't no disk)

Yet it plays fine on standalone decks. And yes, I note that finalize is not an option when you burn the project.

I finally got Roxio 9 and it can't see the disk, can't finalize it (even if it was an option).

This is a ghost disk, haunted.

At this point, I have asked her to burn another one.

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Oct 7 2007, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All XP/Vista OS's can read UDF.

All XP/Vista have a packet reader built in and can read any pw disc.

All DVD Movies are finalized, no choice.

I may have missed it, but tell us the type of media we are dealing with here and the make and model of your drive.

Also your OS.

Run Nero's Info Tool on the disc and see what it reports.

#8 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (pestoking @ Oct 7 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're on the same page. I have many ways to look at a disk, including Nero. Nero says this disk is blank. I cannot tell if the media is write-once or re-writable (she put a label on the disk and I don't want to remove it if I don't have to). If the media were re-writable, would this make a difference?

Nero reports....there is no disk in drive. Have tried it on two desktops with NEC dual-layer burners, also tried it on a notebook with a different brand (QSI) DVD player. It too says their ain't no disk and the notebook won't play it using the PowerDVD app that's on it (which says their ain't no disk)

Yet it plays fine on standalone decks. And yes, I note that finalize is not an option when you burn the project.

I finally got Roxio 9 and it can't see the disk, can't finalize it (even if it was an option).

So could you find out exactly how your friend is creating the DVD? What program in EMC 9 is she using?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#9 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (pestoking @ Oct 7 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It ain't the software and it ain't the disc (it plays) but if you won't answer questions asked about your system, there is nothing to pursue here…

Tell your friend, you never put labels on DVD media!
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Oct 7 2007, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but there's more........

DVD-Video media use UDF version 1.02. These discs contain a so-called UDF Bridge format, where both an ISO 9660 (Level 1) as well as a UDF 1.02 filesystem are present on the same disc, describing the same filesystem.

cd smile.gif

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#11 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

Sheesh,

The only thing you don't know is:

Burner: NEC dual layer

DVD labels: unfortunately, the newbs like them.

It's not like I'm running Windows 3.1 or DOS 6.2. We're both old timers. The OS and the burner ain't the issue. Same same issue on other desktops (running WinXP and whatever burner). Cut me some slack.

QUOTE (james_hardin @ Oct 7 2007, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It ain't the software and it ain't the disc (it plays) but if you won't answer questions asked about your system, there is nothing to pursue here…

Tell your friend, you never put labels on DVD media!

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:09 AM

Burner: NEC dual layer

With the DVD in question place it in the drive, start, all programs, Nero, tools, CD-DVD Speed. Click the disc info tab, now at the top your drive info, below look for Disc Status. Now what does the disc in question say and the drive details, example mine ( BenQ DVD DD DW1640 BSRB.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-R
Book Type : DVD-R
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MCC 00RG200
Write speeds: : 2.4 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4489 MB
: 4707319808 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Usage : General
Copyright protection : n/a
Recorder information : recorded with SONY SONY DRU-500A
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
Pre-recorded Information in Lead-in (0Eh)
0000 - 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 87 0D 13 88 99 80 00 - .@....P.........
0010 - 03 4D 43 43 20 30 30 00 04 52 47 32 30 30 20 00 - .MCC.00..RG200..
0020 - 05 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 F0 FF FF FF 90 19 18 00 - ................
0030 - 04 09 11 00 5D 8E 41 77 04 00 00 00 FC 08 11 00 - ....].Aw........
0040 - 00 C0 D4 77 00 80 00 00 1C 09 11 00 7D 3F 41 77 - ...w........}?Aw
0050 - 00 80 00 00 D6 04 02 00 FC FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 - ................
0060 - 01 00 00 00 90 19 18 00 50 09 11 00 00 00 15 00 - ........P.......

cd

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#13 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

You are really going to like this:

"No disc inserted"

That's it. That's what Nero reports from the Nero Speed tester. No kidding. Others disks report just fine as you show below.

Yet this DVD plays fine in my standalone deck. This disk is a freak of nature.

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Oct 9 2007, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the DVD in question place it in the drive, start, all programs, Nero, tools, CD-DVD Speed. Click the disc info tab, now at the top your drive info, below look for Disc Status. Now what does the disc in question say and the drive details, example mine ( BenQ DVD DD DW1640 BSRB.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-R
Book Type : DVD-R
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MCC 00RG200
Write speeds: : 2.4 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4489 MB
: 4707319808 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Usage : General
Copyright protection : n/a
Recorder information : recorded with SONY SONY DRU-500A
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
Pre-recorded Information in Lead-in (0Eh)
0000 - 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 87 0D 13 88 99 80 00 - .@....P.........
0010 - 03 4D 43 43 20 30 30 00 04 52 47 32 30 30 20 00 - .MCC.00..RG200..
0020 - 05 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 F0 FF FF FF 90 19 18 00 - ................
0030 - 04 09 11 00 5D 8E 41 77 04 00 00 00 FC 08 11 00 - ....].Aw........
0040 - 00 C0 D4 77 00 80 00 00 1C 09 11 00 7D 3F 41 77 - ...w........}?Aw
0050 - 00 80 00 00 D6 04 02 00 FC FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 - ................
0060 - 01 00 00 00 90 19 18 00 50 09 11 00 00 00 15 00 - ........P.......

cd

#14 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (pestoking @ Oct 11 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"No disc inserted"

That's it. That's what Nero reports from the Nero Speed tester. No kidding. Others disks report just fine as you show below.

Have you tried to play your "phantom DVD" on a friends computer system or at a computer store?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (pestoking @ Oct 11 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"No disc inserted"

At the top of CD/DVDSpeed is the drive with the disc in it showing in the box?

she put a label on the disk and I don't want to remove it if I don't have to)

If so, then soak the label off in clean warm dish soap water.

cd

Edited by cdanteek, 12 October 2007 - 04:40 AM.

cd

Spoiler

#16 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:33 AM

My life is a computer store. I have a variety of desktops and notebooks. All the same. It's the disk.

QUOTE (myguggi @ Oct 11 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried to play your "phantom DVD" on a friends computer system or at a computer store?

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

pestoking

Is there a label on it? It would help if you answer all the question.

cd

cd

Spoiler

#18 pestoking

pestoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

Yes, the drive is showing up just fine. Regarding the label. yah I could take it off but it's not going to make the disk more readable.

The best thing I can think to do, short of getting another output, is to capture the DVD into my video editing software, and edit the video into my own project. I lose the original menus, but what the hay.

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Oct 11 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the top of CD/DVDSpeed is the drive with the disc in it showing in the box?
If so, then soak the label off in clean warm dish soap water.

cd

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

How could you capture the contents of the DVD if the PC Drive won't read it.

Now I'm confused...

cd

cd

Spoiler

#20 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (pestoking @ Oct 19 2007, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I lose the original menus, but what the hay.
Unless the disc is DVD VR, NO software can edit or capture the menus from a disc. At least, none that I know.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users