• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

oldskoolboarder

Odd Tivo Transfer issue w/ Series 3

Question

I have a Series 2 DT and Series 3 HD Tivo. Both are wired to my network, not wireless.

Both units have the latest s/w updates to allow MRV and TTG. I've already transferred an SD show from the S2 to the S3 and it works fine.

I run Tivo Transfer and expected to see both S2 and S3 come up. Only the S2 comes up, the S3 can't be seen. If I run Tivo Desktop (using Parallels), I can see both S2 and S3 fine. What's going on?

5 answers to this question

I have a Series 2 DT and Series 3 HD Tivo. Both are wired to my network, not wireless.

Both units have the latest s/w updates to allow MRV and TTG. I've already transferred an SD show from the S2 to the S3 and it works fine.

I run Tivo Transfer and expected to see both S2 and S3 come up. Only the S2 comes up, the S3 can't be seen. If I run Tivo Desktop (using Parallels), I can see both S2 and S3 fine. What's going on?

I'm having the exact same issue. It's like the S3 doesn't even exist. The S3 does show up in TiVoDecode Manager if I manually enter its IP address.

I'm having the exact same issue. It's like the S3 doesn't even exist. The S3 does show up in TiVoDecode Manager if I manually enter its IP address.

Try what I just did. Reboot the S3 and it appears. Now I see it on Tivo Transfer and my S2. Just started a tranfser to see how long it takes.

Try what I just did. Reboot the S3 and it appears. Now I see it on Tivo Transfer and my S2. Just started a tranfser to see how long it takes.

This tip should REALLY be included in the "Product Support" page you get to from the Help menu in the TiVo Transfer app (http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/v8/tivo_togo.html). I lost 45 minutes trying to figure this out before I found this post.

Thanks oldskoolboarder!

This tip should REALLY be included in the "Product Support" page you get to from the Help menu in the TiVo Transfer app (http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/v8/tivo_togo.html). I lost 45 minutes trying to figure this out before I found this post.

Thanks oldskoolboarder!

No prob. I've heard that it has something to do w/ the Bonjour server not syncing but I'm not an Bonjour expert.

Why run Tivo Desktop in Parallels? (Just wondering out loud.)