JSchur

Popcorn 2 and OS X 10.5 Leopard?

Question

Hi

Upgraded to Leopard and when I try to burn from Popcorn 2 I get a Mac OS error message. Anyone successfully running P2 in Leopard?

Regards

John

Edited by JSchur

21 answers to this question

John,

Unfortunately, I'm seeing the same error message. Hope Roxio comes out with an update without forcing the upgrade to version 3...

ape

Hi

Upgraded to Leopard and when I try to burn from Popcorn 2 I get a Mac OS error message. Anyone successfully running P2 in Leopard?

Regards

John

Hi John

I have the same issue. Popcorn won't burn DVDs after install of Leopard. I get a message 'Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error. Result code = -13780'.

Paul

Same issue here. You would think they had the developer kit and would be ready for Leopard. Searched the kbase and no known issues. At least we are all getting the same result code 13780.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Greg

Hi

Regards

John

PopCorn 2.0.1 - Leopard 10.5 French - Mac G5 PPC 2x2Ghz - PowerPC 970 (2.2)

Result code = -13780

Same here ! :angry2:

Edited by Barraud

Here's the fix that I found. I reinstalled popcorn 2.0 not the update 2.01 from my original disc. It works. How ever when I installed the update 2.01 I got the same error message. So once again I deleted the whole program and once again reinstalled only 2.0 not the update. Once again It worked fine. Hope this answers or helps with your problem

Edited by 407ph

Mac Pro Popcorn 2.01 OS X 10.5

Getting the same error as everyone else "could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error. Result code = 13780".

What are the chances of a fix?

I'm having the same problem, same error code - Popcorn 2 cannot burn DVDs or even create a disk image under Leopard. Was working fine earlier.

Does anybody know if Roxio are working on this problem or are we expected to buy Popcorn 3?

This is the same issue that is causing an error when burning with Toast 7.

We're working on updaters for both applications.

This is the same issue that is causing an error when burning with Toast 7.

We're working on updaters for both applications.

When will we know the new update is ready? Will it be posted here? Thank you.

When will we know the new update is ready? Will it be posted here? Thank you.

They'll start working on it after everyone gets tired of waiting and upgrades to Popcorn 3.

You need to reinstall version 2.0

The upgrade to 2.0.1 is broken in 10.5

I have successfully deleted the program, then reinstalled from the 2.0 CD without updating the 2.0.1 upgrade.

Hope it work for others as well.

Some of us unlucky users purchased Popcorn as a digital download after the 2.0.1 update was released, so there is no way to reinstall just 2.0.

I called tech support about this today and they actually suggested I find an illegal download source for it! So - does anyone have suggestions for such a source?

Thanks and best

Hi

Regards

John

I just reinstalled my original Popcorn 2.0 and it is working like a charm with Leopard.

I just reinstalled my original Popcorn 2.0 and it is working like a charm with Leopard.

That is acceptable for a short term fix, but we still need a version that includes all of the bug fixes/extra functionality of 2.0.1 that will run on Leopard.

I have the same problem. I have posted request ticket direct from Roxio. They try to sale me a new product instead of fixing old one. I have feeling like they do not care any more of upgreate Popcorn 2 for Leopard. To sad!!!!!

I have the same problem. I have posted request ticket direct from Roxio. They try to sale me a new product instead of fixing old one. I have feeling like they do not care any more of upgreate Popcorn 2 for Leopard. To sad!!!!!

The update for Toast 7 which resolved a similar issue was released yesterday. The Popcorn 2 update will be released in the next day or two.

The update for Toast 7 which resolved a similar issue was released yesterday. The Popcorn 2 update will be released in the next day or two.

:(

can not download the version 2,02 even so I am logged in

it keep coming back to the same page!!!!

can not get support via email either as Roxio server is declining....

please advise