Sign in to follow this  
eckertt001

Crunch just crashes

Question

I just installed crunch on my new mac, and when trying to start the program it simply crashes, and wants me to send a report to apple. I uninstalled (deleted) and reinstalled and same results. Cant seem to find an update either.

3 answers to this question

Crunch launches fine on my Mac in OS 10.4.10. Haven't tried it in Leopard.

A common reason for Roxio applications crashing at startup is a conflict with a third-party codec in a Library>QuickTime folder. Remove the third-party codecs and then launch Crunch. If this works then test to find the one that's the problem by adding them back and relaunching.

Thank's to eckertt001 and tsantee for the problem and problem solving. I just got my one solved (removing XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component) :rolleyes: .

Hate to say it, after hours of frustration with this "supposedly" simple program

I purchased Agile's Ipod converter (download demo first to see if it does what you need) and works flawlessly.

This is a result of a mfr rushing to market and assuming that all end users are engineers.

I do however love Roxio's main media creator program, in my opinion better than Nero's.

Even good mfr's make mistakes, this may be one to admit and shelf it.