• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eckertt001

eckertt001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

I just installed crunch on my new mac, and when trying to start the program it simply crashes, and wants me to send a report to apple.  I uninstalled (deleted) and reinstalled and same results.  Cant seem to find an update either.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

Crunch launches fine on my Mac in OS 10.4.10. Haven't tried it in Leopard.

A common reason for Roxio applications crashing at startup is a conflict with a third-party codec in a Library>QuickTime folder. Remove the third-party codecs and then launch Crunch. If this works then test to find the one that's the problem by adding them back and relaunching.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 tnt

tnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:54 AM

Thank's to eckertt001 and tsantee for the problem and problem solving. I just got my one solved (removing XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component) rolleyes.gif .

#4 Tster

Tster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

Hate to say it, after hours of frustration with this "supposedly" simple program

I purchased Agile's Ipod converter (download demo first to see if it does what you need)  and works flawlessly.

This is a result of a mfr rushing to market and assuming that all end users are engineers.

I do however love Roxio's main media creator program, in my opinion better than Nero's.  

Even good mfr's make mistakes, this may be one to admit and shelf it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users