Roxio Community

Dual Layer discs with v1.0.3 ... suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shapechanger

Shapechanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hi -

I'm still using Popcorn 1.0.3. and it still works great. I'm using an iMac which contains a dual layer burner. I've had the iMac for a year now and never utilized the dual layer capabilities because I'm too cheap to buy the discs. Well, the discs have come down in price enough for me to try them out. But first, I have some questions:

1) What type of dual layer disc should I buy? -R or +R  Thoughts? I always used -R single layer disc and they have been great.

2) Does my version of Popcorn automatically detect if the disc is dual layered?

3) Any other tips, tricks or suggestions would be happily appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 lakewoodlawnman

lakewoodlawnman

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Shapechanger @ Nov 15 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi -

I'm still using Popcorn 1.0.3. and it still works great. I'm using an iMac which contains a dual layer burner. I've had the iMac for a year now and never utilized the dual layer capabilities because I'm too cheap to buy the discs. Well, the discs have come down in price enough for me to try them out. But first, I have some questions:

1) What type of dual layer disc should I buy? -R or +R  Thoughts? I always used -R single layer disc and they have been great. Verbatim +R DL  are the only DL you should use.

2) Does my version of Popcorn automatically detect if the disc is dual layered? I didn't think Popcorn 1 burned DL but I don't have 1 anymore so I can't test.

3) Any other tips, tricks or suggestions would be happily appreciated.
Burn DL at 2x or 4x not any faster.

Thank you!

Edited by lakewoodlawnman, 15 November 2007 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Shapechanger

Shapechanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

Thank you, lakewoodlawnman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users