jcbanar

Burning Avi Files

Question

I am trying to copy VHS tapes, thru a Plextor PX TV 402 U converter, to my Mac mini (OS X 10.4.5) using the EYETV (1.8.5) software bundled with the Plextor. I set the EYETV pref's to record as an MPG 4 file and after running the tape and doing the conversion I have used the "Burn with Toast" button to boot Toast (Toast Titanium 7.0) which exports the file to the Toast icon. From the side menue I have selected the "video DVD" option and, with no problems, burned the disc. My problem is that what I end up with is two files, a "Video TS"

and a "Audio TS" set of files not the MPG 4 file I was expecting.

My Question, How do I take the EYETV file and burn a DVD, using Toast, and end up with an .MPG 4 file?

I have just started this project and do not know all of the ins and outs of this process BUT want to learn.

Thanks

JCB

5 answers to this question

The video DVD spec requires MPEG 2 video and that is what Toast converted your MPEG 4's to in order for the DVD to play on standard DVD players.

If you have a DVD player that plays MPEG 4 then choose the DivX format in the Video window to burn your discs or you might experiment with using the Data window if you don't want any DivX encoding.

If you haven't updated to Toast 7.0.2 click the Software Updates link at the left of this page.

Edited by tsantee

I am trying to copy VHS tapes, thru a Plextor PX TV 402 U converter, to my Mac mini (OS X 10.4.5) using the EYETV (1.8.5) software bundled with the Plextor. I set the EYETV pref's to record as an MPG 4 file and after running the tape and doing the conversion I have used the "Burn with Toast" button to boot Toast (Toast Titanium 7.0) which exports the file to the Toast icon. From the side menue I have selected the "video DVD" option and, with no problems, burned the disc. My problem is that what I end up with is two files, a "Video TS"

and a "Audio TS" set of files not the MPG 4 file I was expecting.

My Question, How do I take the EYETV file and burn a DVD, using Toast, and end up with an .MPG 4 file?

I have just started this project and do not know all of the ins and outs of this process BUT want to learn.

Thanks

JCB

This would mean you would need to export as .mpg 4 and burn as a Data and not Video in Toast.

I am very new to this and i really don't know where to post my question... I will try here

When i drag to convert an MTS file that is 2.05GB it automatically changes to 425MB. How can i make it bigger file as the original one? Does this effect the quality of the new file if i chose 1080p best quality?

Thank you in advance and sorry for mentioning that at a different forum ... :)

I am very new to this and i really don't know where to post my question... I will try here

When i drag to convert an MTS file that is 2.05GB it automatically changes to 425MB. How can i make it bigger file as the original one? Does this effect the quality of the new file if i chose 1080p best quality?

Thank you in advance and sorry for mentioning that at a different forum ... :)

You're running Toast 7? What are you trying to create? If it is a video DVD then that needs to be rescaled to standard definition which Toast does during its encoding. Or are you using Toast to convert the video into a different format? Please describe more about what you're trying to do and what you want to use to play the video when you're done.