Sign in to follow this  
sean821

Error 0652 on Rolllback Install

Question

I am trying to install EMC10 on my Vista - 32 machine from the "3-CD's" version.

I follow the instructions on the CD and when the program gets about 1/3 through installing it rolls back the last three apps it installed (SmartSound, Copy, Core, etc.)and halts with a Error 0652.

I have tried clean installs according to the forums here and have also contacted Chat who told me to disable all startups and Firewall/Anti-Spy prog.s. I did this from another clean install and no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Machine : Dell XPS 700

2.6 GHZ dual Core

4GB Ram

250 GB HD

Nvidia 8800 GT

3 answers to this question

I see you have a dell, can you check that

1. you dont have any other cd or dvd burning apps installed by dell (under add & remove applications.)

2. can you make a new account under control pannel called user or the like (and make sure you make it a adminstrator as the account type) and then log into it as a test and see if you can install it, as some times dell and hp ect give users a power user account and not a admin account and this make a big diference.

thats all i can sugest at this stage sorry but i hope it may help you

good luck

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Do you ever fix it?

I am trying to install EMC10 on my Vista - 32 machine from the "3-CD's" version.

I follow the instructions on the CD and when the program gets about 1/3 through installing it rolls back the last three apps it installed (SmartSound, Copy, Core, etc.)and halts with a Error 0652.

I have tried clean installs according to the forums here and have also contacted Chat who told me to disable all startups and Firewall/Anti-Spy prog.s. I did this from another clean install and no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Machine : Dell XPS 700

2.6 GHZ dual Core

4GB Ram

250 GB HD

Nvidia 8800 GT