• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JAMAR

Cannot install downloaded EMC 10

Question

Results from attempt to install EMC 10:

Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for EMC 10 Content

EMC 10 Content Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard which will guide you through the program setup porcess. Pl...

You must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content [ - What does this mean?]

The wizard was interrupted before EMC 10 Content could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To install install this program at a later time. plcase run the installation wizard again.

Repeated this process two times - same result.

How do I install Roxio 10 from downloaded RoxioContentCDv10_SQA.exe?

Please help me!

5 answers to this question

EMC 10 Content Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard which will guide you through the program setup porcess. Pl...

You must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content [ - What does this mean?]

Your system has not been modified. To install install this program at a later time. plcase run the installation wizard again.

Please help me!

The Content is a separate install after the Program install. While it does not have to be installed, if it is, it must be installed after the program install. It adds features such as themes and templates.

How many files did you get (download) and what are the sizes?

Please help me!

There are two files that must be downloaded. One is the program file, and the other which you seem to have is the content file.

Go back and download the program file. Install it, reboot, then install the content file.

Edited by barryware

I have a similar problem in installing the CD content. However I installed the program file first and it runs fine. But installing the CD content does not seem to work. At least, I have not evidence that any of the content files are on my computer (pictures, videos, sounds). I have done a search and can't find any of them.

I have a similar problem in installing the CD content. However I installed the program file first and it runs fine. But installing the CD content does not seem to work. At least, I have not evidence that any of the content files are on my computer (pictures, videos, sounds). I have done a search and can't find any of them.

Open up MyDVD......click on Change Menu Style. Tell me how many choices you have.

The Control Panel should show that the Content was installed but it will not show up under Programs. Content for version 10 is listed under EMC not Roxio as shown.

post-79-1198855716.jpg

OK, I see the style choices, in excess of 70. I also see the program content listed in control panel. Looks like everything is ok. Thanks for the help.