• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

I dont know y when I burn a DVD 8.5 with MYDVD 10 that it end up with a directory "ROXIOPLASMA" that contains "METADATA.DAT,   PLASMADATA.DAT and PROJECTDATA.DMSD on the DVD when all I nead is the VIDEO_TS directory to play in a Home Theater DVD player.

After my DVD has been burned with this directory on the DVD I can only think that this is the problem that my Home Theater DVD player dosen't play this kind of disk it will not recongnise it to play so I SCRAPED another disk BAVO.

In any case I can play It on my computer that works but as you can figure I did not burn it for that purpuse.

I hope that there Is a way to corect this because this program it not doing what it Is Projected to do.

It seams to me that whem you burn a DVD for home use  that the DVD should contain the "VIDEO_TS DIRECTORY" ony, like Professional DVD's are burnt.

My Question Is

How can I burn a desent DVD using MYDVD adding Backgroung and menus without burning ROXIOPLASMA directory on the DVD and just having the VIDEO_TS directory?

Thank you for any responce
Even from Experience users

Michael

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know y when I burn a DVD 8.5 with MYDVD 10 that it end up with a directory "ROXIOPLASMA" that contains "METADATA.DAT, PLASMADATA.DAT and PROJECTDATA.DMSD on the DVD when all I nead is the VIDEO_TS directory to play in a Home Theater DVD player.

After my DVD has been burned with this directory on the DVD I can only think that this is the problem that my Home Theater DVD player dosen't play this kind of disk it will not recongnise it to play so I SCRAPED another disk BAVO.

In any case I can play It on my computer that works but as you can figure I did not burn it for that purpuse.

I hope that there Is a way to corect this because this program it not doing what it Is Projected to do.

It seams to me that whem you burn a DVD for home use that the DVD should contain the "VIDEO_TS DIRECTORY" ony, like Professional DVD's are burnt.

My Question Is

How can I burn a desent DVD using MYDVD adding Backgroung and menus without burning ROXIOPLASMA directory on the DVD and just having the VIDEO_TS directory?

Thank you for any responce
Even from Experience users

Michael

From your post its very difficult to understand what you did. For example what do you mean by "when I burn a DVD 8.5 with MYDVD 10"? "METADATA.DAT, PLASMADATA.DAT and PROJECTDATA.DMSD on the DVD". I think you are trying to create a slideshow on a DVD because a Roxioplasma folder may be created when you burn a slideshow containing the Metadata.dat file.
I just tried creating a DVD using the "Add Slideshow" option from the myDVD task panel and it indeed does create the Roxioplasma directory with all the files as you have indicated. It also created a Video_TS folder as required for the DVD to be played on a stand-alone DVD player. There is also another directory containing the photos I used on the DVD. I have never used the "Add Slideshow" option before since I always create my slideshows using Videowave which offers much more flexibility.

Edited by myguggi, 30 December 2007 - 01:08 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (myguggi @ Dec 30 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From your post its very difficult to understand what you did. For example what do you mean by "when I burn a DVD 8.5 with MYDVD 10"? "METADATA.DAT, PLASMADATA.DAT and PROJECTDATA.DMSD on the DVD". I think you are trying to create a slideshow on a DVD because a Roxioplasma folder may be created when you burn a slideshow containing the Metadata.dat file.
I just tried creating a DVD using the "Add Slideshow" option from the myDVD task panel and it indeed does create the Roxioplasma directory with all the files as you have indicated. It also created a Video_TS folder as required for the DVD to be played on a stand-alone DVD player. There is also another directory containing the photos I used on the DVD. I have never used the "Add Slideshow" option before since I always create my slideshows using Videowave which offers much more flexibility.

I used MYDVD and added a avi file to my project and changed the Backgroung and added chapters and it created menus and I burnt to disk and on the disk there is ROXIOPLASMA folder on it.

Thank you for your responce

Michael

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used MYDVD and added a avi file to my project and changed the Backgroung and added chapters and it created menus and I burnt to disk and on the disk there is ROXIOPLASMA folder on it.

Michael

I have always burned to either an iso image file or to a folder set and so never encountered this Roxioplasma folder with those included files. I just did a little test using a short mpg file and burned directly to DVD. A Roxioplasma folder was also created containing those files. But I am able to play the DVD on my stand-alone DVD player. I will investigate further and maybe someone else will pop in any give more information.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Michael

I have never used Add Slideshow.
I dont know If it had anything to do with adding or edit chapters but If anybody knows please let me know that if you add chapters to a progect In MYDVD If it will create a ROXIOPLASMA FOLDER on the DVD

#6 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,250 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know If it had anything to do with adding or edit chapters but If anybody knows please let me know that if you add chapters to a progect In MYDVD If it will create a ROXIOPLASMA FOLDER on the DVD

Go into the search (top right on this page) and type in ROXIOPLASMA folder.

#7 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,549 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't reply to your own post.  It is tough to tell what your are saying.  If you did make a slide show, I believe you will get the Roxioplasma folder.  I have, in previous version, when I made a slide show.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#8 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (myguggi @ Dec 30 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have always burned to either an iso image file or to a folder set and so never encountered this Roxioplasma folder with those included files. I just did a little test using a short mpg file and burned directly to DVD. A Roxioplasma folder was also created containing those files. But I am able to play the DVD on my stand-alone DVD player. I will investigate further and maybe someone else will pop in any give more information.

So Im not the ony one having that problem but what I dont Understand is Y it's creating a folder in addition to the Video_TS folder.

You say that It funtions In your Home Theater DVD player or your stand alone DVD player with the Roxioplasma folder.

Well I'm starting to think that my MEMOREX DVD+R DL have a problem because in two Different Stand alone dvd players that I have the disk is not Recognized

May I Know What DVD's you are using Altho I could be my LG Writher I'll Start with the disk's

Michael

#9 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (ogdens @ Dec 30 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go into the search (top right on this page) and type in ROXIOPLASMA folder.

Hy ogdens
What Is it Im searching for that will fix this problem of burning a dvd without the ROXIOPLASMA folder on the dvd
thanks

Michael

[quote name='grandpabruce' date='Dec 30 2007, 02:18 PM' post='176411']
Don't reply to your own post.  It is tough to tell what your are saying.  If you did make a slide show, I believe you will get the Roxioplasma folder.  I have, in previous version, when I made a slide show.
[/quoI NEVER USER SLIDE

#10 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,549 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (mikey123 @ Dec 30 2007, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Im not the ony one having that problem but what I dont Understand is Y it's creating a folder in addition to the Video_TS folder.

You say that It funtions In your Home Theater DVD player or your stand alone DVD player with the Roxioplasma folder.

Well I'm starting to think that my MEMOREX DVD+R DL have a problem because in two Different Stand alone dvd players that I have the disk is not Recognized

May I Know What DVD's you are using Altho I could be my LG Writher I'll Start with the disk's

Michael

Yes, I have not had any problems with them playing on my set top DVD player.

Get rid of the Memorex media.  It is a bottom feeder.  Get Verbatim media.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#11 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:16 AM

One other consideration is that consumer burned DL media does not enjoy widespread compatibility!!!

I have tried it on 5 Players in my house (Verbatim discs) and only 2 will play one!

While Memorex is always a crap shoot, it could just be your Player…
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:19 AM

What model is the LG Drive? What X speed did Roxio burn the disc at?
Your Memorex disc is really this, (Manufacturer:  Ritek MID RITEK D01 (001) Write speeds: 2.4 X)
Have you used DVDInfo Pro program under tools to check the disc for read errors?

I use Verbatim +R DL disc's. I have never had one not play on any player I have tried. That's going back to a 2001 JVC model long before DL media was sold for home burning. In fact the JVC has played your  'Memorex RITEK D01 (001)'  disc's.

It's not voodoo, the problem is hardware, software, or media.

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#13 james_hardin

james_hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Dec 31 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cd

Thanks for narrowing that down cd.…  biggrin.gif

Happy New Year!
Dell 8300 3.0ghz 1.5gb RAM 300gb & 200gb HDs
XP Pro/SP2
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X

#14 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Dec 31 2007, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your Memorex disc is really this, (Manufacturer:  Ritek MID RITEK D01 (001) Write speeds: 2.4 X)
Have you used DVDInfo Pro program under tools to check the disc for read errors?

I use Verbatim +R DL disc's. I have never had one not play on any player I have tried. That's going back to a 2001 JVC model long before DL media was sold for home burning. In fact the JVC has played your  'Memorex RITEK D01 (001)'  disc's.

cd

I Beleive you are corect My Memorex could be the problem but also the burner could be also I will try the Verbatim +R DL before I look at changing my burnet LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N.

My suspesion that I think that It's the disk's is that I have no name brand 4.7 DVD and had ROXIO 7 and the AVI file containd 2 hours 8 minites of play and it was refusing to burn because it was over 2 hours when I saw that I went to version 10 and was able to burn to that 4.7 disk but when I saw the quality I went and got the MEMOREX 8.5 thinking the of the Brand name being not bad.
So you all got me sold on Verbatim +R DL
I'll try them and all let you know
As far as "It's not voodoo, the problem is hardware, software, or media"
I've been troble shouting since the first DOS or the 286
But there is always questions to be asked to others that have the the know how

Thanks for the help I'll let you know the results of the Verbatim
Michael

#15 mikey123

mikey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Dec 31 2007, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cd

I forgot to add that I used the slowest speed that I could write and tryed at the normal also and the 4.7 I let the machine decide and had no problems.

#16 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:23 AM

The GSA-H42N REV LVL RL01 firmware shows support for these +R DL disc's and X burn speeds. In DVDInfo Pro what firmware does your drive show? If the LG burns a single layer disc fine, I would guess the media or the software is botching the burn. USE DVDInfo Pro program, under tools to check the botched disc for read errors?

The Verbatim disc's we all spoke of are the 'MKM media ID, (mid)' below.

DVD+R9   supported media types:   20
------------------------------------------
CMC MAG  D01-000 4x,2.4x
CMC MAG  D03-064 4x,2.4x
CMC MAG  D04-000 2.4x
DEFAULT  8X -000 2.4x
INFOME   D01-000 2.4x
KIC00000 D20-000 2.4x
MBIPG101 R10-065 4x,2.4x
MKM      001-000 4x,2.4x
MKM      003-000 10x,8x,4x
PHILIPS  CD2-000 2.4x
PRODISC  D01-000 4x,2.4x
Plasmon3 D02-000 8x,4x
RICOHJPN D00-001 2.4x
RICOHJPN D01-002 8x,4x
RICOHJPN D01-067 8x,4x
RITEK    D01-001 4x,2.4x
RITEK    D03-001 2.4x
RITEK    S01-001 2.4x
RITEK    S04-066 4x,2.4x
UMEDISC  DL1-002 8x,4x

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users