sam666

Deleting Roxio

Question

The basic outline of what the update does is described on the update screen that someone posted above. It "prevents potential issues with the uninstall or reinstallation of Easy Media Creator 10"

Do you know what John, I am a regular pc user and have been for years. I purchased this Roxio product in good faith just the same as I have purchased many others.

I am appauled at the lack of replies by the moderators or effective solutions offered by roxio.

and I for 1 am going to detete your product, never to revisit or purchase from you again.

5 answers to this question

I love these critical updates that MS decide to install and then re-boot without permission when I'm half way through encoding a video or something. Very annoying to get up in the morning thinking everything will be finished to find it's not.

Even worse when the update screws up your system.

Why on earth would you be tasking your rig with anything while you are doing an update? Or better still, while rendering video?

Actually, if you read the extended MS update descriptions, they will tell you that your computer may need a restart after the update. I usually follow the KB's regarding any updates. I would like to know a bit more than "Critical Security Update"

Edited by barryware

Do you know what John, I am a regular pc user and have been for years. I purchased this Roxio product in good faith just the same as I have purchased many others.

I am appauled at the lack of replies by the moderators or effective solutions offered by roxio.

and I for 1 am going to detete your product, never to revisit or purchase from you again.

This is basically a users forum not the Roxio Support site.

We have no idea what you are posting about :blink:

:angry2:

Sam666

I totally understand you're frustration. I too haven't gotten anywhere with my Roxio product either. You'd think that they would stand behind their products no matter what they are. I can't delete the Roxio product without paying someone to delete it, because it will also delete my Windows Media which I've had on my computer for years and I use for business purposes. I'm afraid I'll loose all my music I have on it. What's a person to do? Have you noticed all the un-happy people on this site? :angry2:

:angry2:

Sam666

I totally understand you're frustration. I too haven't gotten anywhere with my Roxio product either. You'd think that they would stand behind their products no matter what they are. I can't delete the Roxio product without paying someone to delete it, because it will also delete my Windows Media which I've had on my computer for years and I use for business purposes. I'm afraid I'll loose all my music I have on it. What's a person to do? Have you noticed all the un-happy people on this site? :angry2:

Why do you have to pay someone to delete Roxio? Where do you get the idea that removing Roxio will delete your Windows Media? Don't you have your music backed up if you are so afraid of losing your music?

Perhaps if you were to explain what problem you are having, someone here might be able to help you.

Why do you have to pay someone to delete Roxio? Where do you get the idea that removing Roxio will delete your Windows Media? Don't you have your music backed up if you are so afraid of losing your music?

Perhaps if you were to explain what problem you are having, someone here might be able to help you.

Here goes...

When I purchased the Record Now 9 to put some of my tapes on my computer for business purposes, my frustration begins.

I put tape into recorder, with waves coming into computer via mic and start recording <I have tried several different things none of which have worked.>

#1 When I go into LP/Tape Assistant or Sound Editor-seems pretty simple: there are simple steps (right?)

step 1) capture from <via audio (wave)> and input <mic> then press record on both computer and tape recorder.

Frustration:( the destination the file goes to I write down so I can go back to...

before the music completes the record, the computer comes up with <Runtime Error; program:

C:\program files\Roxio\... then computer shuts down

When I go back to the file to put step 2) tag information it says audio file does not exist or is not supported audio file <I've tried this in (wav) format/file and (wma) in both LP/tape assistant and Sound Editor with the same result. You'd think it is their program-why wouldn't it be supported or find it?

If you can help I'd be grateful

After much frustration, and with no response from several emails, I decided to remove the product from my computer. Now you have to remember I've had no luck in getting any music on with my tapes which is why I got the program. When I attempted to remove the program- a warning came up that I would lose Windows Media <which was already on my computer prior to Roxio and I use daily> did I want to continue? Well of course not! I did not want to have to go back thru and repeat putting each CD on again. Someone had told me the only way I can delete the program without affecting Windows... is to have it done by geek squad or some one who knows what they are doing <and that would not be me :blink: >

To my knowledge, Windows Media music is only in Windows Media-I don't have the music saved in additional files but if I can I will. I do know that when I attempted to do the 'wave files' it saved it in a specific file. Can you tell me how and where to save them from Windows Media? I have to work and do not have a lot of time to play on the computer. That is why this is adding to my frustration. I don't know how anyone can spend so much time. During my short frustration, all I could think of while reading some of the complaints and so many others frustrated, is why and how do they put up with this? I checked in several times a day to see if my emails had been responded to and had not been-this went on for weeks. I would not have even responded to Sam666 had I not already read so many frustrated people on this website. I truely don't understand if the people are that dissatisfied how can this company stay in business? Word will get out! How many people have actually already told others how the company treat the customer after sales? When I talked to tech support- they told me to give it or sell it to a friend. I want to keep my friends. I couldn't nor would I ever give something to some one that I was this dissatisfied with. The company writes you off as if you were never there. What goes around comes around and soon I hope.

Thanks for any assistance