• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SabreHell

SabreHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

When I try to convert my DVD it does not seem to work. The blue bar shows it is working but when the blue bar fills up ,it just stops and never finishes. I have upgraded to Leopard and also upgraded the popcorn 2, but nothing is working.

I also reinstalled the software over and over again, but nothing works.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any help that anyone can give

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

Are you saying that it finishes the compressing but doesn't start writing the new DVD? If so my guess is that the optical drive went to sleep. The best workaround is to choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done select the disc image with the Image File setting and burn your DVD from that.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 SabreHell

SabreHell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Jan 6 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you saying that it finishes the compressing but doesn't start writing the new DVD? If so my guess is that the optical drive went to sleep. The best workaround is to choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When that is done select the disc image with the Image File setting and burn your DVD from that.

What i am trying to do is to take a 7 minute video from a DVD. Upload it, so I can edit the video in IMovie. I am not making an immediate copy of the dvd. But when it looks like the dvd is done converting, it does nothing. It keeps saying"exporting video".

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (SabreHell @ Jan 6 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What i am trying to do is to take a 7 minute video from a DVD. Upload it, so I can edit the video in IMovie. I am not making an immediate copy of the dvd. But when it looks like the dvd is done converting, it does nothing. It keeps saying"exporting video".

My guess, then, is there is something wrong with the end of the source video. There are some other things to try, though. Drag the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive. Now choose that VIDEO_TS folder as your source. In options choose just that title to export and try again.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users