Guest videoKid

Embedded attachments are no longer shown as such

Question

Guest videoKid

Embedded image is no longer shown as such and instead become a downloadable file. I like the way it was done in the old Board! :angry:

42 answers to this question

Guest videoKid

Larry,

I also see a link.

Conclusions I arrived at based on the posts in in this thread:

1) Attachment included in a guru's post is not viewable as image by non-guru posters. It is shown as a link to a downloadable file which a non-guru poster cannot view and cannot download at all . So any guru attachment is basically "useless"/"non-usable" to non-guru posters. :angry2:

2) Attachment posted by non-guru is reduced in size for large image (I don't know what the threshold for "large image"). It is viewable by all.

3) Only gurus can see other guru's attachment and in full size.

Edited by videoKid

Larry,

I also see a link.

Conclusions I arrived at based on the posts in in this thread:

1) Attachment included in a guru's post is not viewable as image by non-guru posters. It is shown as a link to a downloadable file which a non-guru poster cannot view and cannot download at all . So any guru attachment is basically "useless"/"non-usable" to non-guru posters. :angry2:

2) Attachment posted by non-guru is reduced in size for large image (I don't know what the threshold for "large image"). It is viewable by all.

3) Only gurus can see other guru's attachment and in full size.

You may be right on #1 and #2. For #3 some images are also reduced in size for gurus

To what dotted lines around which photo (in which post?) are you referring? I see none on any photos in this thread.

Posts 12, 15, and 16 have dotted lines around the photo. The dotted lines are not right on the photo.

Guest videoKid
You may be right on #1 and #2. For #3 some images are also reduced in size for gurus

Ok, thanks Walt.

Posts 12, 15, and 16 have dotted lines around the photo. The dotted lines are not right on the photo.

The only dotted lines I have are on the right side of the quoted part, no dotted lines visible anywhere else. <_<

Guest videoKid
The only dotted lines I have are on the right side of the quoted part, no dotted lines visible anywhere else. <_<

All sides, except, the left side, of the quoted part have the visible dotted lines. The left vertical side most likely has, too, but due to a vertical blue line on that side, I cannot tell for sure.

Kinda like only the people with a certain rank can do whatever - as I said, like MyBook or FaceSpace - not to be too specific, but a certain class of BB - not a support Forum.

Lynn

Thanks. I had a feeling it might not work any better. Seems like the only thing that does work is when linking to an external address like CD did. Man, I sure hope they get their act together and fix this new board.

Thanks. I had a feeling it might not work any better. Seems like the only thing that does work is when linking to an external address like CD did. Man, I sure hope they get their act together and fix this new board.

I guess we'll have to make the best of it!

beerstranded.jpg

cd :)

Good picture, cd.

I didn't think they has snow where Paul lives. :)

Good picture, cd.

I didn't think they has snow where Paul lives. :)

now were is the plane and the drop zone for the delivery?, if paul was doing the dropping off the beer would have been drunk before it got there.... just the IOU note on the end of the parachute .. he he

Try it now. I found some new permission settings in the Administration area that did not exist in the older version. I may have to play around with them a bit more if the changes I made did not work right.

Try it now. I found some new permission settings in the Administration area that did not exist in the older version. I may have to play around with them a bit more if the changes I made did not work right.

Looks like you corrected the problem, John.

All the images that showed up as a download yesterday are showing a image for me now!

cd

Does that mean we get to keep that picture of you with the earring, cd?? :lol: And the black and white picture of the first gurus??

Does that mean we get to keep that picture of you with the earring, cd?? :lol: And the black and white picture of the first gurus??

I'll swear I could see a resembalance to someone in that B&W photo too Brendon... :lol: I just can't figure out who's relative that could have been <_<

Frank...(BTW, Thanks John for the fix).

If your not on dial-up, and want to keep them for future blackmail. By all means snag them! :lol:

REDWAGON, I'll swear I could see a resemblance to someone in that B&W photo too Brendon

I did too, Frank. :lol:

cd :)

If your not on dial-up, and want to keep them for future blackmail. By all means snag them! :lol:

You didn't make that photo big so that person on dial-up can't get it down to throw darts at, did you? :lol::lol::ninja::lol: