keepitlean

R6025 - Videowave Crash

Question

Whether launching individual programs or launching from "Home" most programs crash soon after launch with a C++ Runtime Library R6025 error code.

In Videowave it crashes as soon as I try and add a video to a new project.

I have checked the boards and knowledgebase; 000058MD makes no difference when I follow the steps listed; 000110CR - I am not running on a Dell.

At present I cannot edit any Videos at all.

Ideas?

Bob

2 answers to this question

Whether launching individual programs or launching from "Home" most programs crash soon after launch with a C++ Runtime Library R6025 error code.

In Videowave it crashes as soon as I try and add a video to a new project.

I have checked the boards and knowledgebase; 000058MD makes no difference when I follow the steps listed; 000110CR - I am not running on a Dell.

At present I cannot edit any Videos at all.

Ideas?

Bob

How about some information such as your computer specs especially video card. All you have given is "my car won't start"

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2

Athlon XP 300+

1GB RAM

Saphire RADEON X1600 PRO

This was all working until just before christmas.

Anyway, I upgraded the latest ATI drivers ATI Catalyst Control Center 2.007.1205.1450

I also uninstalled the software, removed folders regarding ATI, scrubbed the registry of all references to Roxio software and reinstalled.

Now Roxio fails with a "Video Card Diagnostics Failed" message as it tries to profile the card.

Roxio support finally came back with:

1.) Update to the latest version of Direct X from the Microsoft website below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

2.) Update your video drivers.

To find out what video device you need to update you can click on start, run, and type 'dxdiag' and press enter.

Click the display tab at the top of that window and that will tell you the manufacturer of you video device.

You can then go to the manufacturers website or you PC manufacturers site to update the driver.

3.) Please run the Dirextx Video Acceleration update from the Microsoft link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888656/

Did all that; same message "Video Card Diagnostics Failed".

Seem to be going backwards...........

Bob