#1 ilana

ilana

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

hi,

i recently purchased emc 10 suite and it apparently included the sonic interactual dvd player.  whenever i try to play a dvd (for my daily exercise routines), interactual player has 'made itself' the default.  i went to my pc's default settings yet it still is going to interactual player.  i have figured out a work-around that is less than optimal.  so, that is one problem.

the reason i don't want to use the sonic interactual player is that the volume is not working.  it is as if it is on mute -- yet, it is not on mute.  all other playback functions appear to be working.  i have used several dvds and no volume on any of them.  however, when i use my work-around -- with a windows program -- the volume works.

any advice on how to make the volume work or how to uninstall this program from my pc?  fyi, it is not listed in my program list so i can't figure out how to uninstall it.

oh, and on the sonic interactual website, all links are dead (you get an error when you click any links) and i spent the time to fill out the contact form and when i clicked 'submit,' i got a page full of code and error messages.  this site is the only roxio support site i can find.

thanks!
ilana

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,390 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (ilana @ Jan 26 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

i recently purchased emc 10 suite and it apparently included the sonic interactual dvd player.  whenever i try to play a dvd (for my daily exercise routines), interactual player has 'made itself' the default.  i went to my pc's default settings yet it still is going to interactual player.  i have figured out a work-around that is less than optimal.  so, that is one problem.

the reason i don't want to use the sonic interactual player is that the volume is not working.  it is as if it is on mute -- yet, it is not on mute.  all other playback functions appear to be working.  i have used several dvds and no volume on any of them.  however, when i use my work-around -- with a windows program -- the volume works.

any advice on how to make the volume work or how to uninstall this program from my pc?  fyi, it is not listed in my program list so i can't figure out how to uninstall it.

oh, and on the sonic interactual website, all links are dead (you get an error when you click any links) and i spent the time to fill out the contact form and when i clicked 'submit,' i got a page full of code and error messages.  this site is the only roxio support site i can find.

thanks!
ilana

Are you talking about Cineplayer?  If you want some other player being your default, go to whatever that player is, and set it as the default.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 arsesq

arsesq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Jan 26 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you talking about Cineplayer?  If you want some other player being your default, go to whatever that player is, and set it as the default.

I have the same problem. Cineplayer pre-empts my InterVideo WinDVD, which I much prefer. I've gotten to the point where, after reinstalling WinDVD, *both* applications come on simultaneously when I put a DVD in the drive. Then I can shut down CinePlayer and keep going with WinDVD, but this is a lousy solution.

No, modifying the Autoplay selection doesn't seem to help. Neither does using TweakUI. Elsewhere there's discussion to the effect that Windows Media Player acts like a virus, and I have an idea that CinePlayer is some kind of front end to the Windows Media Player. So how does one extirpate the Windows Media Player and/or CinePlayer. Is there some way to uninstall just CinePlayer?

--arsesq

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,390 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (arsesq @ Feb 13 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same problem. Cineplayer pre-empts my InterVideo WinDVD, which I much prefer. I've gotten to the point where, after reinstalling WinDVD, *both* applications come on simultaneously when I put a DVD in the drive. Then I can shut down CinePlayer and keep going with WinDVD, but this is a lousy solution.

No, modifying the Autoplay selection doesn't seem to help. Neither does using TweakUI. Elsewhere there's discussion to the effect that Windows Media Player acts like a virus, and I have an idea that CinePlayer is some kind of front end to the Windows Media Player. So how does one extirpate the Windows Media Player and/or CinePlayer. Is there some way to uninstall just CinePlayer?

--arsesq

Cineplayer can be uninstalled.  It is listed as Roxio Cineplayer in Add/Remove Programs.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users