George A Robitaille

Sonic Digital Media Deluxe V7

Question

I am running Sonic Digital Media Deluxe V7 on my desktop HP Pavillion a1218n.

This program came preinstalled on this computer!

Everything appears to work but one annoying thing is;

each time this program is started, the 'Sonic Update Manager' starts as well and does it's thing until it displays the following message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert 'Sonic MyDVD Plus' disk and click OK.

If I just press enter it goes off looking then returns the following message:

The path cannot be found. Verify that you have access to that location and try again, or try to find the installation package "MyDVD Plus.MSI" in a folder from which you cannstall the product MyDVD Plus.

My question is, since I can not locate any file on my computer with this "MSI" extension, where can I find a file with this extenxion to passivate the Sonic Update Manager?

Thank You!

3 answers to this question

I am running Sonic Digital Media Deluxe V7 on my desktop HP Pavillion a1218n.

This program came preinstalled on this computer!

Everything appears to work but one annoying thing is;

each time this program is started, the 'Sonic Update Manager' starts as well and does it's thing until it displays the following message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert 'Sonic MyDVD Plus' disk and click OK.

If I just press enter it goes off looking then returns the following message:

The path cannot be found. Verify that you have access to that location and try again, or try to find the installation package "MyDVD Plus.MSI" in a folder from which you cannstall the product MyDVD Plus.

My question is, since I can not locate any file on my computer with this "MSI" extension, where can I find a file with this extenxion to passivate the Sonic Update Manager?

Thank You!

Since the program came with your HP it is most likely an OEM version and HP is responsible for support. I could not find any reference to "Sonic Digital Media Deluxe V7" on any Roxio or Sonic website.

Since the program came with your HP it is most likely an OEM version and HP is responsible for support. I could not find any reference to "Sonic Digital Media Deluxe V7" on any Roxio or Sonic website.

I must confess that the file that came with the computer was"Sonic Digital Media Deluxe Version 6" but when it started giving problems HP sent me the Version 7.

Roxio would not have anything to do with these programs saying that they were more than 12 months old and there was no support for anything that was that old!

I guess what you are telling me is that I should go back to HP and see if I can get the file from them?

If no-one here can help I guess that's what I'll have to try.

Thanks!

Geo. R.

Ok, I know this is kind of out of date, but here's the current way to solve this issue from HP/Compaq

"Resolving .MSI Startup Errors"

http://h10025.www1.h..._link=ot_search

Scroll down to the section titled:

"Fixing MSI errors for non-HP software"

Next choose your Operating System.

XP, Vista or Win 7

Then follow the directions. Easy.

These issue were common with the OEM preloaded software HP/Compaq installed if you cleared the temp files or had a virus issue. This simple fix addresses both the Sonic Digital Media issue and the place to find a proper fix. I hope everyone who experiences this issue finds and understands this clear and orderly answer to where the "please reinstall the xxx.MSI file" prompt is located.

Edited by HailDarkLord