coolmanoh

Photosuite 8

Question

I have been using Roxio PhotoSuite 8 for several years now with no problems. I just installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro and since then I can't run PhotoSuite. I get the message: "PhotoSuite 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close." I don't know whether this has anything to do with the installation of ZoneAlarm or is just a coincidence, since I've seen this message before. But this is the first time it won't go away. I'm using Windows XP SP2 and there is only one user. Do I need to re-install the Roxio software? If I have to re-install, are there special instructions for getting rid of all the registry entries? Any help will be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

I have been using Roxio PhotoSuite 8 for several years now with no problems. I just installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm Pro and since then I can't run PhotoSuite. I get the message: "PhotoSuite 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close." I don't know whether this has anything to do with the installation of ZoneAlarm or is just a coincidence, since I've seen this message before. But this is the first time it won't go away. I'm using Windows XP SP2 and there is only one user. Do I need to re-install the Roxio software? If I have to re-install, are there special instructions for getting rid of all the registry entries? Any help will be appreciated.

Does Zone Alarm Pro have a registry cleaner? Have you used it or another registry cleaner lately? In EMC 9 and 10 (at least), registry cleaners "cleaned" up too much of the registry deleting some Roxio needed keys.

Also check to make sure that IE 7 and/or WMP 11 hasn't crept into your system. Both have been problems with 8 and with some early versions of EMC 9.

Does Zone Alarm Pro have a registry cleaner? Have you used it or another registry cleaner lately? In EMC 9 and 10 (at least), registry cleaners "cleaned" up too much of the registry deleting some Roxio needed keys.

Also check to make sure that IE 7 and/or WMP 11 hasn't crept into your system. Both have been problems with 8 and with some early versions of EMC 9.

I don't think ZoneAlarm Pro has a registry cleaner. I have a registry cleaner called RegVac which I use now and then but I don't like to use it since I always have to reload some of the HP printer files. I don't use Internet Explorer - I use Firefox - and I don't know what WMP 11 is. Anyway, thanks for your input.

I don't think ZoneAlarm Pro has a registry cleaner. I have a registry cleaner called RegVac which I use now and then but I don't like to use it since I always have to reload some of the HP printer files. I don't use Internet Explorer - I use Firefox - and I don't know what WMP 11 is. Anyway, thanks for your input.

You don't use Internet Explorer, but you do have it on your computer. Open Internet Explorer, and post what version it is. Same thing with Windows Media Player.

You don't use Internet Explorer, but you do have it on your computer. Open Internet Explorer, and post what version it is. Same thing with Windows Media Player.

Internet Explorer version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Windows Media Player version: 5.1

Internet Explorer version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Windows Media Player version: 5.1

Lets try that again! Windows Media Player version: 5.1 was probably for Windows 98 in 1998, not XP!

cd

Lets try that again! Windows Media Player version: 5.1 was probably for Windows 98 in 1998, not XP!

cd

OK, I don't know where I got that. The version is 10.0.0.3802.

By the way, do you know how to re-install Windows Media Player? My copy will play the sound

but there's no video.

OK, I don't know where I got that. The version is 10.0.0.3802.

By the way, do you know how to re-install Windows Media Player? My copy will play the sound

but there's no video.

I think that you have some serious issues with your computer. First, try getting rid of any spyware/malware, using free versions of AdAware or Spybot. Next, do a virus check to see if your computer is infected. Then, defrag your hard drive(s). Reboot, between all of these.

If that doesn't help, then it may be time for a Format C: and reinstall of the OS.

I think that you have some serious issues with your computer. First, try getting rid of any spyware/malware, using free versions of AdAware or Spybot. Next, do a virus check to see if your computer is infected. Then, defrag your hard drive(s). Reboot, between all of these.

If that doesn't help, then it may be time for a Format C: and reinstall of the OS.

Thanks for the advice. I just downloaded Spybot and am about to run it. Regarding Roxio PhotoSuite, I uninstalled all of the software, then re-installed and it's running ok now.