• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Rerider58

Calibration Problems Using Officemax Version Of Avery 8692 Cd Labels

Question

I bought OfficeMax CD labels that are supposed to be the same alignment as Avery 8692 labels. Maybe they are--I don't have any Avery labels to compare them to--but I find the CD label image doesn't print in close enough alignment with the label. I went through the Calibration process a couple of times on my Canon MP610 printer. When that didn't solve the problem, I became suspicious and measured the label paper margins. I found the labels themselves aren't centered! They're offset to the right an eighth of an inch. That doesn't sound like much, but it's enough that the crucial left side of the printing--the tracklist--falls off the edge of the world. Worse yet, the label is smaller than the image RLC8 wants to print, so even if I can get the image offset by exactly the right amount, the outer part of the image will be lost. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

2 answers to this question

I bought OfficeMax CD labels that are supposed to be the same alignment as Avery 8692 labels. Maybe they are--I don't have any Avery labels to compare them to--but I find the CD label image doesn't print in close enough alignment with the label. I went through the Calibration process a couple of times on my Canon MP610 printer. When that didn't solve the problem, I became suspicious and measured the label paper margins. I found the labels themselves aren't centered! They're offset to the right an eighth of an inch. That doesn't sound like much, but it's enough that the crucial left side of the printing--the tracklist--falls off the edge of the world. Worse yet, the label is smaller than the image RLC8 wants to print, so even if I can get the image offset by exactly the right amount, the outer part of the image will be lost. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Buy Avery? You can fine tune the location but you can't do much with the wrong size. Take them back and complain perhaps they will cut you a deal.

Same thing holds true for blank CD and DVD media. Spend the few cents extra an buy the name brand (except for Memorex) rather than the store brand.

You obviously are not experienced in this, skins is right, you can't do much about alignment. There are countless avery label types, you can't fix this now but you should know that when deciding for a certain type you need to pay extra attention to product label specifications.