alanemayers

Can't Update From 7.5.0.47 To 7.5.2.49

Question

I certainly agree with that ml. So if you have Yahoo as your browser, then I guess it would be a good idea to configure the browser so you eliminate the pop ups. I always assumed that it was the web site that you logged onto that showed a pop up, and I certainly would think that Roxio has any such pop ups.

I know in my Norton Internet Security 2005, I can go and tell it to stop all pop ups. maybe all security programs don't have that option.

Frank....

Well Bruce, If the OP did what I suggested, and if that is true, then there is no way that any anti-virus progarm would be interferring with a down load. When msconfig is run and all of the check marks under "Selective Startup" are removed and the computer re-booted, then none of those programs will ever get started when they re-boot their computer. I'm not so sure that there is anything running that would interfere with the down load in that case, but I would suggest that some exact steps may not be done correctly as far as the down loading process from Roxio.

Frank....

We aren't going to know anything, until the OP comes back and tells us what he/she did.

We aren't going to know anything, until the OP comes back and tells us what he/she did.

I had someone send it to me.

Great gobs of insperation ! Don't fight it, just let someone else send it to you. How unique :) Did it install correctly and does everything appear to be O.K. now ?

Frank....

If anyone arrives here still seeking solutions to this problem, here is another option.

Use a different browser.

FireFox put me into the endless loop. Internet Explorer got the file.

Some people will find this easier than messing around disabling pop-up blockers.

Hello All,

SOLUTION to PROBLEM

I am having some troubles with burning to ISO file in DVD Builder (EMC 7.5) for DL DVD, and have been reading some related posts. However, I decided to update to latest 7.5 version and re-attempt prior to asking questions. In trying to download update file, I was also frustrated by being caught in the loop mentioned in previous posts.

Grandpa Bruce pointed the way to a solution, but it involved turning off firewall software, like Zone Alarm (I run ZA Pro). Well, with a bit of effort, I have a solution that does not require disabling the firewall (This is for ZA Pro, but the principle is generic):

1. Open up ZA, and navigate to Privacy/Site List.

2. Add site "softwareupdates.roxio.com" (when you mouse over the "Download Patch" icon, you will see a re-direction to this site) and configure; I allow Mobile Code, Session and Persistent Cookies, block 3rd Party Cookies, disallow Web Bugs, and allow Private Header information. This last one is critical, it is the Go/No-Go item - without it, the loop will continue.

I hope the above is helpful!

Cheers,

Smiffy

This did it for me!!!

I had someone send it to me.

LOLLOL! There are always workarounds. Glad you got it..

Great gobs of insperation ! Don't fight it, just let someone else send it to you. How unique.

1. Open up ZA, and navigate to Privacy/Site List.

2. Add site "softwareupdates.roxio.com" (when you mouse over the "Download Patch" icon, you will see a re-direction to this site) and configure; I allow Mobile Code, Session and Persistent Cookies, block 3rd Party Cookies, disallow Web Bugs, and allow Private Header information. This last one is critical, it is the Go/No-Go item - without it, the loop will continue.

Question, why when I go to Creative Labs for a sound Card update, ATI and Nvidia for a Video Card update, and Ms for ther updates! I don't have to jump through these loops ( shuting off popupblocker, antivirus, internet security) to update!

Houston what is the problem here?

Is it Roxio DRM or I don't want you to bother me?

cdanteek

Question, why when I go to Creative Labs for a sound Card update, ATI and Nvidia for a Video Card update, and Ms for ther updates! I don't have to jump through these loops ( shuting off popupblocker, antivirus, internet security) to update!

Houston what is the problem here?

Is it Roxio DRM or I don't want you to bother me?

cdanteek

Good grief, who knows what's up? I've never had to dance this wildly to get a download (other than clicking to allow a pop-up) either. Maybe it's just another example of why a few people have a program that doesn't work and they scream and rant that it's junk, and the rest say it's the greatest thing ever. Everyone has some peculiar combination of setup/programs/configurations and so on that causes problems/needs workarounds and whatnot.

In the end...as long as there's this cool forum where we can all come together and figure something out to make everyone happy and get their programs humming...that's what counts.

I have the retail version of 7.5.0.47 and have downloaded the upgrade to 7.5.2.49 but when I try to install it tells me I either do not have the program on my PC or am using the wrong patch. I absolutely have 7.5 retail on my pc and am using the proper patch. Any ideas? Thanks

First of all - this is a long dead thread (you'd be better off starting a new topic)

Second - check in help>about in any module and see what version it says it is

Then repost in a new thread