• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

LarryB

Roxio Label Creator (emc 10) Question And Answer!

Question

Folks-

This may be a no-brainer for some, but with my experience limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, it was a show-stopper for me. In case there are more like me, I hope this helps.

I wanted to print two labels per sheet on my 8962 Avery Ink Jet DVD Labels sheets. I crawled through the unfamiliar Label Creator window, eventually got something acceptable with no frills that took me 10 times longer than my usual trusty Sharpie marker, and proceeded to Print...

I selected the template for Avery 5931, saw only one upper disc label populated and one lower greyed out and blank in the Print Preview pane, so I ignorantly selected Number of Copies: 2. The Print Preview pane didn't change, but what the heck, I clicked on Okay and got... one sheet with only one disc label and one blank label.

Here's where my need for anger management kicked in as my frustration built up. It was 8 a.m. EST and still 3 hours before phone Tech Support opened up. Their recording suggested searching for a solution at support.roxio.com. I tried RoxAnn, but that novelty somehow interpretted "How do I print two disc labels per sheet?" as a problem WRITING to disc. I checked the FAQs but didn't see any printing topics. I submitted a Help Ticket, hopefully without too much aggravation and profanity. I read every topic through all 15 pages of this How To/Usability discussion. It finally became 11 a.m. EST and I was able to talk to "Steve" in Tech Support.

I may have a lot of personal aggravation using EMC10 by the seat of my pants (without a user manual) but I have great praise for the demeanor and competence of Tech Support, both in the past and today. Thanks, Steve!

The answer: Click on the lower greyed out disc. It becomes white and populated with the label information, same as the label above it. Now I print what I see, and get two disc labels on the sheet.

I thanked Steve for the solution, but asked where I could have found this simple instruction in any Roxio user documentation or Help facility, if there is any. He didn't sound like he knew, but said many other (non-MS?) graphics programs use a preview pane for options. I said every MS preview pane I've dealt with is just for status, and there's nothing to click or select that I knew of.

Why doesn't Roxio put an instruction on the Print... window, "Click on disc image in Print Preview to activate printing" or something like that. Is this step that universal in other applications?

Well, there you go. Hope this helps.

V/r,

Larry B.

4 answers to this question

Guest ml

Thanks for sharing the solution!

I hope you don't mind, but I cut and pasted from your post and pinned it in the Tips and Tricks. I gave you credit and linked to your post.

I figured that by the time I got around to printing some 2 per sheet labels, I would have forgotten your solution so I pinned it where I and others would find it.

Thanks again. :)

The problem is that when you click on the lower label, the count goes to 2. If you wanted to print 2 sheets of 2/sheet, then incrementing the count to 4 after clicking on the bottom image looks like it will work but will print one sheet at 1/sheet and one sheet at 2/sheet. If you have 3 sheets, all but the last sheet is printed at 1/sheet. The only way I could get this to work is print 1 sheet at a time. This is really awful!!!

jonata,

The poster you're talking to has not logged into this board in the last 9 years, and the software you're talking about is over 9 years old. You are "talking into the wind".

Please don't necropost to long dead topics.

LOL! You are correct Brendon. Digging up long dead posts and replying is not in good form here. I hope that the offender heeds your advice.