• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

asatwice

Help! Popcorn Keeps Quitting Seconds After Opening!

Question

i am trying to run popcorn 3.0.2 on my imac os x 10.5.2 and even after installing the updater it QUITS just seconds after i open it. i was able to burn one disk immediately after installing the update (without restarting), and i have not been able to even open popcorn again since restarting. i even reinstalled the update just to see if anything would happen and nothing did.

also, does roxio offer ANY technical support that you don't have to pay for? what is up with the pay service calls?

thank you...

4 answers to this question

Check your Library>Quicktime folder to be sure there is no Xvid codec present. If you really need that codec use perian instead.

i am trying to run popcorn 3.0.2 on my imac os x 10.5.2 and even after installing the updater it QUITS just seconds after i open it. i was able to burn one disk immediately after installing the update (without restarting), and i have not been able to even open popcorn again since restarting. i even reinstalled the update just to see if anything would happen and nothing did.

also, does roxio offer ANY technical support that you don't have to pay for? what is up with the pay service calls?

thank you...

Make sure that you replace the old app with the new.

You have to drag the new version into the Applications folder where mac the ripper resides.

I have a similar problem on a MacBookPro OS 10.5.2 Popcorn 3 never actually loaded, it immediately goes back to Finder. I've deleted and reinstalled 3 times, no luck. I do not have any Xvid codec (and why do I have to actually look for that, Roxio?) This was a physical box purchase, so I have no idea what actual version of Popcorn 3 this is. Can't return it since store does not accept open box returns and can't call Roxio without PAYING for it. Sheesh.

Color me irritated. :angry:

Check your Library>Quicktime folder to be sure there is no Xvid codec present. If you really need that codec use perian instead.

That did fix this problem for me (thank you!), but I have to say that it's extremely annoying that I can't use the codec of my choice (Xvid instead of Perian). Roxio shouldn't be making these choices for us!