• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

I try to record a music CD and I get an "Unknown Error."[0x33000004]. I have no idea what is going on. I have tried to update the firmware on my burner but nothing. this just started. Any ideas? I can't seem to find what that error means anywhere. Someone Please Help.

David

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I try to record a music CD and I get an "Unknown Error."[0x33000004]. I have no idea what is going on. I have tried to update the firmware on my burner but nothing. this just started. Any ideas? I can't seem to find what that error means anywhere. Someone Please Help.

David

Need some more details from you.

Tell us exactly what you are trying to do, step by step, what program within the suite are you using,etc.
Are you having problems with any other part of the suite?
What operating system do you have?
Did this just start happening.
etc
etc
etc

#3 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (ogdens @ Mar 26 2008, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need some more details from you.

Tell us exactly what you are trying to do, step by step, what program within the suite are you using,etc.
Are you having problems with any other part of the suite?
What operating system do you have?
Did this just start happening.
etc
etc
etc

I was trying to burn a music CD. I add files to a new project and click burn and before burning I get this error. I am using Windows XP SP2. The only thing I can think of is that I added more RAM to my computer and then the next time i tried to record a CD this error happened. I can't use Media Player to record a music CD either. The only thing i can use is Itunes. I am using Media Creator 7. Not 7.5 i think. I will have to check when I get home. It has been awhile since I tried to record a music CD and I do believe I can record a Data CD. I am just now getting around to researching why it is not working.
I will try and record another music CD to make sure I am still getting the error. I will also double check the Data CD recording ability and what EMC I am actually using, 7 or 7.5. I bought the computer 3 years ago. But in the mean time, if you have any ideas please let me know. I am not confident that it would have just fixed itself.

David

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was trying to burn a music CD. I add files to a new project and click burn and before burning I get this error. I am using Windows XP SP2. The only thing I can think of is that I added more RAM to my computer and then the next time i tried to record a CD this error happened. I can't use Media Player to record a music CD either. The only thing i can use is Itunes. I am using Media Creator 7. Not 7.5 i think. I will have to check when I get home. It has been awhile since I tried to record a music CD and I do believe I can record a Data CD. I am just now getting around to researching why it is not working.
I will try and record another music CD to make sure I am still getting the error. I will also double check the Data CD recording ability and what EMC I am actually using, 7 or 7.5. I bought the computer 3 years ago. But in the mean time, if you have any ideas please let me know. I am not confident that it would have just fixed itself.

David

Use CD-RW's till you get your problem sorted.

#5 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (ogdens @ Mar 26 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use CD-RW's till you get your problem sorted.

It doesn't ruin the CD's, it doesn't even burn to the CD's. I get that error before any burning is done.

#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't ruin the CD's, it doesn't even burn to the CD's. I get that error before any burning is done.

It sounds like iTunes has taken control of your computer. You can try uninstalling your CD burner, in Device Manager, and reboot. Try again, and see if it works. If not, uninstall iTunes, reboot, and see if it works then.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#7 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Mar 26 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds like iTunes has taken control of your computer. You can try uninstalling your CD burner, in Device Manager, and reboot. Try again, and see if it works. If not, uninstall iTunes, reboot, and see if it works then.

i have done the uninstall the drive thing, but that didn't help. I used to burn CD's with Roxio after I installed Itunes. But this was the first time I tried burning a CD after I got more RAM. I am at 3g's of ram now. I will try removing the ram and trying to burn and see if that works. I know the "Soundrecorder" from Windows no longer works properly and the forums at microsoft were talking about how I was over the 2gb of ram, that is what caused it to stop working.

I will try removing the ram and see what happens. If I find that is the case, and it stops roxio from working properly, should I stick with Roxio and just upgrade to 10, or go with Nero or something. I like Roxio's music burning process because you name the CD with a title and artist name before burning. and Windows Media Player doesn't do that nor does Itunes. At least I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with them.

#8 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have done the uninstall the drive thing, but that didn't help. I used to burn CD's with Roxio after I installed Itunes. But this was the first time I tried burning a CD after I got more RAM. I am at 3g's of ram now. I will try removing the ram and trying to burn and see if that works. I know the "Soundrecorder" from Windows no longer works properly and the forums at microsoft were talking about how I was over the 2gb of ram, that is what caused it to stop working.

I will try removing the ram and see what happens. If I find that is the case, and it stops roxio from working properly, should I stick with Roxio and just upgrade to 10, or go with Nero or something. I like Roxio's music burning process because you name the CD with a title and artist name before burning. and Windows Media Player doesn't do that nor does Itunes. At least I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with them.

Let us know how you make out.

Upgrading to 10, or Nero, is not going to fix your problem. Try a simple test (use a small file) using the built in data burning capabilities in XP.

Edited by ogdens, 26 March 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#9 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One additiona question. Did your happen to let Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11, invade your computer? If so, dump them immediately. They both kill EMC 7, 7.5, and 8.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#10 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Mar 26 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One additiona question. Did your happen to let Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11, invade your computer? If so, dump them immediately. They both kill EMC 7, 7.5, and 8.

What do you mean, have I let them invade my computer? I have had explorer 7, and media player 11 since the begining.

#11 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean, have I let them invade my computer? I have had explorer 7, and media player 11 since the begining.

There's your problem. You can't have them and EMC 7. Your decisison on which to dump.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#12 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Mar 26 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's your problem. You can't have them and EMC 7. Your decisison on which to dump.

That is what I am saying, i have had both since i bought the computer, and it had EMC 7. It has worked together in the past. Oh well thank you, it is one more thing to consider. if I had to choose, i would choose to get rid of media player, since I don't use it that much anymore. i mainly use itunes. except for videos then i use media player. Oh boy the dilema. I will have to wait and see what happens with the memory switch.

#13 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,041 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is what I am saying, i have had both since i bought the computer, and it had EMC 7. It has worked together in the past. Oh well thank you, it is one more thing to consider. if I had to choose, i would choose to get rid of media player, since I don't use it that much anymore. i mainly use itunes. except for videos then i use media player. Oh boy the dilema. I will have to wait and see what happens with the memory switch.

Try rolling back IE 7 to 6, and WMP 11 to 10.

Read this for instructions:

http://forums.suppor...showtopic=23162

#14 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can still have the media player on your PC (version 10). It's just that version 11 of WMP does not interact well with your version of EMC.
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
-- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator NXT2
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#15 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (malatekid @ Mar 26 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can still have the media player on your PC (version 10). It's just that version 11 of WMP does not interact well with your version of EMC.

And, IE 7 has got to be rolled back to 6.

Dgasca, you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the Roxio software, after dumping IE7 and WMP 11.

Edited by grandpabruce, 26 March 2008 - 03:42 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#16 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

Just a thought - if EMC 7 came with the computer, and the computer came with IE 7 and/or WinPlayer 11, it could be an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version with some kind of special modification(s). If so, then (1) using standard updates could undo those special modifications, and (2) the OEM supplier might have some answers.

However, I know with Versions prior to EMC 7, iTunes has usually caused havoc. I don't know about EMC 7/7.5.

Lynn

#17 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (lynn98109 @ Mar 26 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a thought - if EMC 7 came with the computer, and the computer came with IE 7 and/or WinPlayer 11, it could be an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version with some kind of special modification(s). If so, then (1) using standard updates could undo those special modifications, and (2) the OEM supplier might have some answers.

However, I know with Versions prior to EMC 7, iTunes has usually caused havoc. I don't know about EMC 7/7.5.

Lynn

OK I rolled back windows media, and took out 2gb of ram. still getting same error. I swear internet explorer has been on since i got the computer. I have had it for a very long time. I will try that next. my only problem is I can't find the original software to unistall and reinstall EMC 7. I do have 7 and not 7.5.

If I upgrade to 10, i will still get this error? this seems really stupid. does anyone have a link to what the individual error messages actually mean? or is it some super top secret information?

#18 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Generally, if you put the error number (the entire number) in google, you can get an answer of some kind.

One of the Digital Gurus who hasn't been around for a couple years posted a link to the windows kb that listed them all, but I don't know how to find (no, I didn't save it).

Lynn

#19 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (dgasca @ Mar 26 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK I rolled back windows media, and took out 2gb of ram. still getting same error. I swear internet explorer has been on since i got the computer. I have had it for a very long time. I will try that next. my only problem is I can't find the original software to unistall and reinstall EMC 7. I do have 7 and not 7.5.

If I upgrade to 10, i will still get this error? this seems really stupid. does anyone have a link to what the individual error messages actually mean? or is it some super top secret information?

I would first try the uninstall of IE 7. Some folks have luck and don't have to reinstall EMC 7 again. If it works, I would put your RAM back in.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce

#20 dgasca

dgasca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (grandpabruce @ Mar 26 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would first try the uninstall of IE 7. Some folks have luck and don't have to reinstall EMC 7 again. If it works, I would put your RAM back in.

OK here is what has happened.
first: rolled back media player 11 to 10. ROxio did not burn, same error
Then: unistalled Itunes, Roxio Did not burn, same error
Then: Rolled back to Internet explorer 6. Roxio Did not burn, same error
Then: uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio. Roxio Did Burn
Then: Reinstalled 2gb of memory. Roxio Did burn
Then: Reinstalled Itunes. Roxio did burn
Then: Reinstalled Interenet explorer 7. ROxio did burn
Then: Reinstalled Media Player 11. Roxio did burn.

So the only thing i should have done in the beginning is Uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio. So if anyone else gets the error 0x33000004 first try to uninstall and reinstall Roxio. Then try those others.

I am currently running IE7 and WMP11 along with Itunes and Roxio Burns. Thanks for your help

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users