Jump to content

Roxio Community

Not Responding?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dnkboese

dnkboese

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

Attempting to copy a home-made DVD. With some discs, no matter what I do, Roxio freezes immediately. I can open Roxio first, then put the disc in the drive - Roxio freezes, and if I am able to get it to function, it says the drive is busy with the Roxio Burning Manager (? - can't remember exact words, because now I can't duplicate it)

I can have the disc in the drive, open Roxio, and it won't even respond.

Any thoughts? I'm using Windows XP, Service Pack 2 - and again, this doesn't happen with all discs.

Thanks,
Dave

one other thing - the PC won't open the drive either. I have to re-boot to get my disc out, even though Roxio is shut down...

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

View Postdnkboese, on Mar 23 2006, 10:03 PM, said:

Attempting to copy a home-made DVD. With some discs, no matter what I do, Roxio freezes immediately. I can open Roxio first, then put the disc in the drive - Roxio freezes, and if I am able to get it to function, it says the drive is busy with the Roxio Burning Manager (? - can't remember exact words, because now I can't duplicate it)

I can have the disc in the drive, open Roxio, and it won't even respond.

Any thoughts? I'm using Windows XP, Service Pack 2 - and again, this doesn't happen with all discs.

Thanks,
Dave

one other thing - the PC won't open the drive either. I have to re-boot to get my disc out, even though Roxio is shut down...

Disable Drag to Disc.  Better yet, uninstall it.

If you are using D2D to try to copy anything related to video, you are using the wrong program in suite.  I am not joking when I say to uninstall D2D.  What exactly is the process you are doing?  You failed to mention that in your post.

Edited by grandpabruce, 23 March 2006 - 08:49 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 dnkboese

dnkboese

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the advice, grandpa, I will give that a try! I did find a way around it - I used windows explorer to copy the VOB files to my hard drive, and then I can burn the image to disc.

I was attempting to make back-up copies of my home movies...

Dave

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:47 AM

View Postdnkboese, on Mar 24 2006, 07:36 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice, grandpa, I will give that a try! I did find a way around it - I used windows explorer to copy the VOB files to my hard drive, and then I can burn the image to disc.

I was attempting to make back-up copies of my home movies...

Dave

You can make copies of your DVD, by using Disc Copier.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#5 dnkboese

dnkboese

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:58 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on Mar 24 2006, 05:47 AM, said:

You can make copies of your DVD, by using Disc Copier.

Except that, with this particular disc, for whatever reason, Roxio freezes and I have to do the 'ol CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it down because it doesn't respond.

I will uninstall the drag-to-disc and see if that helps. Thanks!

#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:50 PM

View Postdnkboese, on Mar 24 2006, 12:58 PM, said:

Except that, with this particular disc, for whatever reason, Roxio freezes and I have to do the 'ol CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it down because it doesn't respond.

I will uninstall the drag-to-disc and see if that helps. Thanks!

Lets us know how it turns out.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users