hiddenstory

Upgrading Jam 5 To 6

Question

Hey all,

My Jam got buggy and started making horrible noises.

Reinstalled my earlier version of toast and Jam.

I now want to upgrade to Jam 6. whatever. Is that a free upgrade and

how do I do it?

thanks,

Brian

3 answers to this question

The Jam 6 updater is still in Roxio's software updates page. It's a free update to earlier versions of Jam 6.

[

Here is the thing, It was all working fine for a long time until I bought a LaCie Double layer DVD burner.It had a free version of Toast 7 which I

installed. My regular version of toast is 5.1.2 and Jam is 6.0.3

I returned the drives as it did not fit my purposes. I am in the middle of a film scoring job.

The noise occurs when I drag audio into player and play. It is crackling sound like word clock gone cookoo.

The noise does not occur in Jam 5

[

Here is the thing, It was all working fine for a long time until I bought a LaCie Double layer DVD burner.It had a free version of Toast 7 which I

installed. My regular version of toast is 5.1.2 and Jam is 6.0.3

I returned the drives as it did not fit my purposes. I am in the middle of a film scoring job.

The noise occurs when I drag audio into player and play. It is crackling sound like word clock gone cookoo.

The noise does not occur in Jam 5

Does the noise exist in the saved .sd2f file or when burned to a CD-R? If not then it is limited to being an issue when auditioning the audio in Jam. I haven't heard that on my Macs. Do you have any special audio devices connected to your Mac? You might check your Library>QuickTime folder for any third-party plug ins that could be causing a problem. There may be other posts on this issue in this forum. It could be caused by updates to QuickTime. The purists using Jam have a separate bootable OS with QuickTime 6.