• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bengen1

Missing Rcpcore.msi

Question

I installed Roxio Creator Ver. 10 from a downloaded installation. When I tried to start the program it came up that RCPCORE.msi was missing. I had inadvertantly erased the installation download and now can't find this program needed to run Roxio Creator. Any help and suggestions?

8 answers to this question

I installed Roxio Creator Ver. 10 from a downloaded installation. When I tried to start the program it came up that RCPCORE.msi was missing. I had inadvertantly erased the installation download and now can't find this program needed to run Roxio Creator. Any help and suggestions?

iv PM'ed you a message

Edited by The Highlander

Well, for me it also couldn't find things called tools.msi, bmple.msi, and copy.msi. That's in addition to a boot message about "MenuSeparator.png found but cannot be loaded." I've uninstalled and reinstalled four or five times now, followed every suggestion in these posts, followed Roxio's suggestions, cleaned registries of Roxio and Sonic data, etc., etc., and still can't get the thing to do anything but give error messages and runtime errors. I am at my wit's end. Software should NOT require that the buyer fool around with registry entries, msconfig, etc. Software should NOT have trouble loking for ITS OWN FILES! What do I do now?

Did you extract the contents of the exe file to a folder?

It's a self-extracting archive and it can be opened with winrar or winzip. Until that's done, windows won't see the files

I have had the exact same messages as posted by TomX on another thread. I have uninstalled and reinstalled perhaps six times now. I have done everything suggested by the posters, except for the "new user account" proposal. Gosh knows why that should work (Roxio suggested that in its last e-mail to me), but I may give it a try - after I spend another three hours dowknloading their installation file which I suspect will be the same one I downloaded two days ago (inasmuch as it has the same file name).

If this "new user account" idea works, then what? Can I then delete that new user account without hosing EMC 10? If I have to log in as a different user just to access EMC 10, what's the point? I may as well have two computers running side by side

Guest ml
the "new user account" proposal. Gosh knows why that should work (Roxio suggested that in its last e-mail to me), but I may give it a try - after I spend another three hours dowknloading their installation file which I suspect will be the same one I downloaded two days ago (inasmuch as it has the same file name).

First, burn that downloaded file to a DVD so that you don't have to download it again.

Then, I have no idea why the Windows New User Account works, but it worked for me. I hate having to do a 'clean install' . When you install it on the second account, it also installs it on the original account.

I deleted the second account in Vista and EMC 10 still works on the original account. I kept all the files when deleting the account. I don't know if it works in WinXP though, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

Better idea (sorry ml) is to extract it first - then burn the extracted files to DVD. That way you have an installation disc that Windows can read for needed repair files

Guest ml
Better idea (sorry ml) is to extract it first - then burn the extracted files to DVD. That way you have an installation disc that Windows can read for needed repair files

Definitely a better idea. Thanks.