• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Randy 1959

Randy 1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

When I log on to the Roxio Creator 8.2 XE Version: 8.2.300 it gives me a option for a free upgrade, but when I try to open the file that downloads, my computer does not recognize the format. Can anyone advise as to if this upgrade is still available, also I noted that when I go on to the Roxio website this version does not show nor does any searches result in finding it. Is this still a valid version of the software and if so are there any updates?

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,031 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Randy 1959 @ Apr 28 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I log on to the Roxio Creator 8.2 XE Version: 8.2.300 it gives me a option for a free upgrade, but when I try to open the file that downloads, my computer does not recognize the format. Can anyone advise as to if this upgrade is still available, also I noted that when I go on to the Roxio website this version does not show nor does any searches result in finding it. Is this still a valid version of the software and if so are there any updates?

You have what is called a OEM version (it came free with your computer/burner).

You would have to check with whoever supplied this XE version to you (probably Mad Dog).

The full Roxio retail versions don't have any letters after Roxio Creator 8 like yours does (XE).

Edited by ogdens, 28 April 2008 - 01:31 PM.

#3 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Randy 1959 @ Apr 28 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any version of EMC 8 is a Roxio folly. The only version that has everything enabled, is EMC 8 Deluxe. You are better off upgrading to EMC 10 than looking for a version of EMC 8.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users