Randy 1959

Roxio Creator 8.2 Xe Version: 8.2.300

Question

When I log on to the Roxio Creator 8.2 XE Version: 8.2.300 it gives me a option for a free upgrade, but when I try to open the file that downloads, my computer does not recognize the format. Can anyone advise as to if this upgrade is still available, also I noted that when I go on to the Roxio website this version does not show nor does any searches result in finding it. Is this still a valid version of the software and if so are there any updates?

2 answers to this question

When I log on to the Roxio Creator 8.2 XE Version: 8.2.300 it gives me a option for a free upgrade, but when I try to open the file that downloads, my computer does not recognize the format. Can anyone advise as to if this upgrade is still available, also I noted that when I go on to the Roxio website this version does not show nor does any searches result in finding it. Is this still a valid version of the software and if so are there any updates?

You have what is called a OEM version (it came free with your computer/burner).

You would have to check with whoever supplied this XE version to you (probably Mad Dog).

The full Roxio retail versions don't have any letters after Roxio Creator 8 like yours does (XE).

Edited by ogdens

Any version of EMC 8 is a Roxio folly. The only version that has everything enabled, is EMC 8 Deluxe. You are better off upgrading to EMC 10 than looking for a version of EMC 8.