Mamosh

Anti-virus Program Issues With Trend Micro

Question

Hi.

I have TREND MICRO Internet Security 2008 installed on my computer and it is causing major problems with my EMC9 program. What I want to ask is: Can anyone recommend a good Anti-Virus program that won't cause any problems with EMC9?

Also has anyone out there had problems with TREND MICRO?

Thank you.

Mamosh. :huh:

Edited by Mamosh

8 answers to this question

Hi.

I have TREND MICRO Internet Security 2008 installed on my computer and it is causing major problems with my EMC9 program. What I want to ask is: Can anyone recommend a good Anti-Virus program that won't cause any problems with EMC9?

Also has anyone out there had problems with TREND MICRO?

Thank you.

Mamosh. :huh:

Why kind of problems?

If you are using the registry cleaner - don't. The rest of it should be OK. There are posts that identified the registry key that should not be deleted. If you can set your registry cleaner to ignore that key, then you should have no problems.

Of course, when you are doing any video work, you should be disconnected from the internet and should turn off any programs you don't absolutely need o have running including your anti-virus.

Why kind of problems?

If you are using the registry cleaner - don't. The rest of it should be OK. There are posts that identified the registry key that should not be deleted. If you can set your registry cleaner to ignore that key, then you should have no problems.

Of course, when you are doing any video work, you should be disconnected from the internet and should turn off any programs you don't absolutely need o have running including your anti-virus.

The problems I'm having is when I'm using VideoWave 9 and I try to use the Pan & Zoom feature I get a Runtime Error message (R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call) and then the program crashes. Also when I try to edit audio in VideoWave 9 I get a message saying: "VideoWave 9 has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc, etc" and the program invariably crashes. furthermore when I try to use CinePlayer to watch a video/movie I get an error message, which reads: "Digital Media Experience has encountered an error and will now exit".

This does not happen when I uninstall my Anti-Virus software!

I have used a registry cleaner, but that was before I reinstalled Roxio EMC9. I don't know if that would cause any problems?

Yours truly,

mamosh.

The problems I'm having is when I'm using VideoWave 9 and I try to use the Pan & Zoom feature I get a Runtime Error message (R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call) and then the program crashes. Also when I try to edit audio in VideoWave 9 I get a message saying: "VideoWave 9 has encountered a problem and needs to close, etc, etc" and the program invariably crashes. furthermore when I try to use CinePlayer to watch a video/movie I get an error message, which reads: "Digital Media Experience has encountered an error and will now exit".

This does not happen when I uninstall my Anti-Virus software!

I have used a registry cleaner, but that was before I reinstalled Roxio EMC9. I don't know if that would cause any problems?

Yours truly,

mamosh.

Does it happen when you have both installed but have turned off the aniti-virus checking all actions on your computer?

Do you have the firwall set to block Roxio?

Perhaps this is a question you need to discuss with Trend Micro.

Edited by sknis

I know 2 people using the security suite from Trend Micro and both have had and are having problems with their systems but they are not running EMC. From what a tech at a local shop told one, the 'virus only' part of Trend Micro is fine but the internet security part is what is causing problems. He was told that Trend Micro is aware of problems and are working on it. This doesn't mean your problem is the same but completely removing it and trying another virus program is a good idea.

Both AVG and Bitdefender offer free versions so give them a check out.

I am using Norton Internet security 2008 and EMC 9 and I am not having any problems between them. I am also running VISTA which for some seems to be death.

Edited by Big_Dave

Does it happen when you have both installed but have turned off the aniti-virus checking all actions on your computer?

Do you have the firwall set to block Roxio?

Perhaps this is a question you need to discuss with Trend Micro.

Yes the problem persists even when I disable TREND MICRO and I have also ended all TREND MICRO processes in Task Manager and the problem still persists. I have also configured the firewall to allow Roxio programs to access the internet and still the problem persists. It is only when I completely uninstall TREND MICRO that everything is OK.

At the moment I have removed TREND MICRO and are using another anti-virus program. Everything seems to be working fine.

I have emailed TREND MICRO support about this and will see what they say.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Mamosh.

Edited by Mamosh

Some programs are so embedded in the registry that simply disengaging them doesn't completely stop them for doing what they are supposed to do. Ideally, this is suppose to help protect you but does cause problems when you really want it shut down. And, you did about all you could do and that is, completely uninstall it.

You may want to visit the Trend Micro forums and see what they suggest. You aren't the only one with problems like yours. Dig around and you'll see.

I have been a Trend Micro user for years. I started having issuss with the 2007 version with Roxio and using my burners. As soon as I put a DVD or a CD in the burners that had either music or video on it, my computer would shut down and reboot.

Contacted Trend Micro and we went back and forth with e-mails and no solution.

They had me use one their uninstall programs that came with their support section of the Virus program

It messed up my Roxio, big time....

Bottom line was that my computer guy determined that the Trend Micro had a conflict with something on my computer

SO, I did a fresh install of Windows on my computer, reisntalled all my software and went and purchased the AVG program from Grisoft. All is well.

I do have Trend Micro 2008 version on my 2nd computer and it works fine, but I don't have Roxio on that machine. I don't have any conflicts with any of the other software on it either. It is a good program overall.

Hope this was helpful