4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Doudna

Rob Doudna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

**Note:  System Information below...

I recently rented a DVD that would not play on my computer.  I have never had this happen before.  In Windows Media Player I could see the DVD menu on the right and all the chapters, etc... but it would not play.  The fine print on the DVD said that a DirectShow-compatible software decoder was required.  I am not sure if other DVD's have that same wording or not, but I was frustrated and that is where my journey began.  Long story short, I purchased the following software...

Product SKU: ESD-CINEPLAYER2.3
Product Name: Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack 2.3.1 - ESD

It installed without error.  I rebooted my computer and saw the Sonic Cineplayer icon in the bottom right toolbar and figured everything would be fine.  The DVD would not play.  This is when I decided to check the plug-in options for Windows Media Player.  I did not see the Sonic/Roxio plugin.  So I hit the link to look for plug-ins on the Web and the first option that came up was for CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista.

At this point I realized that I did not purchase the Vista version of the CinePlayer DVD Decoder.  So, I purchased the following software...

Product SKU: ESD-CINEPLAYER DVD_D VISTA
Product Name: CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0

This product also installed without error.  Again I rebooted.  Again, I was not able to play the DVD.  I also did not see any Sonic/Roxio product in the Windows Media Plug-ins...  At this point I was frustrated and decided that I must have messed something up, and decided to uninstall the "Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack" from the Add/Remove Programs list...  This went fine...

I then tried to install only the CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0...

This time it tells me that "Roxio CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista 1.0.0 is already installed"...  It is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs list.

I downloaded Windows Install Cleanup and selected to remove the Roxio Product - (Sorry I didn't record the exact wording of what was listed in the removal tool).

I again tried to install only the CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0...  This time it said, "This program does not support the operating system detected".  This message is followed by "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products".

Just for kicks, I tried to install the Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack 2.3.1 - ESD again.  Once again, this installed just fine, and I see the Sonic CinePlayer icon and it is listed in the Windows Control Panel.

Lastly, I tried to follow with the install of CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0 just as I had done the first time, but it gave me the exact message as before...  "This program does not support the operating system detected".  Followed by "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products".

So, now I have "Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack" listed in Add/Remove Programs, and "(All Users) Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack [2.3.1]" listed in the Windows Install Cleanup Tool and I still see no Sonic/Roxio plugins listed in Windows Media Player, and the DVD still won't play and I am out $30.00.

Please Help Me...

Robert Doudna
robdoudna@comcast.net

*****System Information*****
Dell
Inspiron 531
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz
1982 MB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium
32 bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Driver Date 4/20/07
Driver Version 7.15.11.5822

PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S SCSI CdRom Device
Driver Date 6/21/06
Driver Version 6.0.6000.16386

Monitor = Dell E207WFP
Driver Date 8/21/06
Driver Version 1.0.0.0

Microsoft DirectX 10

Windows Media Player
Version 11.0.6000.6344

*****Purchase Information*****
Order from Sonic Solutions
Customer Number: 21622591308
Order Number: 4347446212
Order Date: May 11, 2008 3:11:41 PM MDT
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $14.99
CDkey / Unlock Code: 2X230-6013V741-YJ170

Customer Number: 21622988108
Order Number: 4347524812
Order Date: May 11, 2008 3:36:29 PM MDT
CDkey / Unlock Code: C4P2L63RBFAUE7BG6

#2 dollar398

dollar398

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

That sucks, I feel your pain.  (I just bought EMC 10 because it was Vista ready, but it's totally not).  Anyway try VLC player just google vlc and it's usually the first one videolan.org  VLC plays pretty much anything and it's FREE!  The VLC GUI isn't great but it's performance is.

#3 MMO

MMO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Exactly the same problem here after installing Cineplayer DVD for Windows Vista. Can't de-install because it does not show up can't re-install because it is already installed. Any suggestions?

#4 LadyGreenEyes

LadyGreenEyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Rob Doudna @ May 12 2008, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**Note:  System Information below...

I recently rented a DVD that would not play on my computer.  I have never had this happen before.  In Windows Media Player I could see the DVD menu on the right and all the chapters, etc... but it would not play.  The fine print on the DVD said that a DirectShow-compatible software decoder was required.  I am not sure if other DVD's have that same wording or not, but I was frustrated and that is where my journey began.  Long story short, I purchased the following software...

It installed without error.  I rebooted my computer and saw the Sonic Cineplayer icon in the bottom right toolbar and figured everything would be fine.  The DVD would not play.  This is when I decided to check the plug-in options for Windows Media Player.  I did not see the Sonic/Roxio plugin.  So I hit the link to look for plug-ins on the Web and the first option that came up was for CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista.

At this point I realized that I did not purchase the Vista version of the CinePlayer DVD Decoder.  So, I purchased the following software...

This product also installed without error.  Again I rebooted.  Again, I was not able to play the DVD.  I also did not see any Sonic/Roxio product in the Windows Media Plug-ins...  At this point I was frustrated and decided that I must have messed something up, and decided to uninstall the "Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack" from the Add/Remove Programs list...  This went fine...

I then tried to install only the CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0...

This time it tells me that "Roxio CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista 1.0.0 is already installed"...  It is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs list.

I downloaded Windows Install Cleanup and selected to remove the Roxio Product - (Sorry I didn't record the exact wording of what was listed in the removal tool).

I again tried to install only the CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0...  This time it said, "This program does not support the operating system detected".  This message is followed by "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products".

Just for kicks, I tried to install the Cineplayer DVD Decoder Pack 2.3.1 - ESD again.  Once again, this installed just fine, and I see the Sonic CinePlayer icon and it is listed in the Windows Control Panel.

Lastly, I tried to follow with the install of CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows Vista v1.0 just as I had done the first time, but it gave me the exact message as before...  "This program does not support the operating system detected".  Followed by "Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products".

So, now I have "Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack" listed in Add/Remove Programs, and "(All Users) Sonic CinePlayer DVD Pack [2.3.1]" listed in the Windows Install Cleanup Tool and I still see no Sonic/Roxio plugins listed in Windows Media Player, and the DVD still won't play and I am out $30.00.

Please Help Me...

Robert Doudna
robdoudna@comcast.net

*****System Information*****
Dell
Inspiron 531
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz
1982 MB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium
32 bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Driver Date 4/20/07
Driver Version 7.15.11.5822

PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S SCSI CdRom Device
Driver Date 6/21/06
Driver Version 6.0.6000.16386

Monitor = Dell E207WFP
Driver Date 8/21/06
Driver Version 1.0.0.0

Microsoft DirectX 10

Windows Media Player
Version 11.0.6000.6344

*****Purchase Information*****
Customer Number: 21622591308
Order Number: 4347446212
Order Date: May 11, 2008 3:11:41 PM MDT
CDkey / Unlock Code: 2X230-6013V741-YJ170

Customer Number: 21622988108
Order Number: 4347524812
Order Date: May 11, 2008 3:36:29 PM MDT
CDkey / Unlock Code: C4P2L63RBFAUE7BG6

I have the same issue.  In my case, the decoder was working just fine, up until I did a repair option on my windows.  All the updates finished, and all is great, except that when I tried playing a DVD, I got a message that there was no decoder.  I tried reinstalling it, to be told it was already installed.  Same issues with it not being listed anywhere, too.  Then, I decided to check the registry, clear out any old entries, and do a clean install.  After that, I got that same message - This program does not support the operating system detected - even though it was working just great on this OS before.  Did you ever get a solution?  Really hope there is one, as I don't want to have to pay for yet another decoder (from someone else).

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

First install MS Installer Cleanup Utility and see if the decoder is listed.  If so, try to uninstall it there.   Be careful and select only that decoder.  If you accidentally delete other things, you may have a problem.

OR

See if they are listed in Revo Uninstaller.  If so, use that in the moderate mode yo uninstall it.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users