• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chapelquest

Chapelquest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

I have set up transfers on my Tivo account and have downloaded the Toast 9 software properly.
Initially everything worked fantastic. Transfers worked by displaying the Blue icon for shows transferring as well as the blue time left bar. Shows waiting showed with a yellow check mark.
After updating Toast nine from the Roxio web site my transfer stopped working.
I can see all my shows on my Tivo DVR but when I choose and click transfer on any of them, they display the blue transfer icon for about 5 sec. then changes to a yellow check mark displaying "waiting". They never transfer.
I uninstalled Toast 9 completely per instructions from Roxio and re-installed and I still have the same problem.

ANY IDEAS?? ANYONE?

Concerned Comsumer

#2 DogDoc

DogDoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

Yes, I experience the same issue.  It seems there must be a temp file written somewhere that the TiVo Transfer programs looks to to determine if a file transfer is in progress.  I suspect when you reinstalled, the temp file and directory still existed.  If Roxio could tell or suggest places to look for it, I think it would resolve this problem, otherwise, I am stuck and the program is useless to me.

Roxio support-  Any temp file locations or what do you use to track progress of a transfer?

#3 DogDoc

DogDoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

Hello-  Update on stalled transfers.  For me, it appears that the Tivo unit itself gets confused or network related issues on the wireless from the USB, I do not know.  Try this, restart your Tivo (Cold Reboot), warm reboots do not solve the problem.  Try a single transfer, no auto to confirm the transfer works.  It does not appear to be a Roxio problem, but Tivo networking does not seem to be very robust.  

Hope you experience the same benefit.  Happy Tivoing!

Drew
smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users